Channel your inner Leslie Knope and spend time with your gal pals at Galentine’s Day events around Houston from Saturday, February 8 to Sunday, February 16, 2020.
What was originally a fictitious holiday created on the TV show, Parks and Recreation, Galentine’s Day has become the nonofficial celebration for female friendships on the day before Valentine’s Day, February 13.
Whether you’d like to show your besties how much you love them or take a day for yourself, we’ve got you covered with plenty of socials, brunches, workshops and more.
Galentine’s Day 2020 Events Around Houston
- Galentine’s Day Brunch at The Studio HTX | Saturday, February 8 – Make your way to The Studio HTX for a Galentine’s Day that will feature brunch, drinks, a DIY workshop to make your own bouquet, a pop-up market and more. Tickets are $25. 11am.
- Galentine’s Day at Karbach Brewing Co. | Sunday, February 9 | No Cover – Bring out your girlfriends for a Galentine’s Day that includes a market and a movie screening of The Craft at Karbach Brewing Co. Noon to 8pm.
- Galentine’s Day Party at City Acre Brewing Co. | Thursday, February 13 – Celebrate Galentine’s Day Parks and Rec-style with a party that will feature a breakfast foods buffet, drinks, a VIP section called “The Snakehole Lounge”, and a special appearance by everyone’s favorite miniature horse, Li’l Sebastian. 4pm to 10pm.
- Galentine’s Day at Ladybirds | Thursday, February 13 | No Cover – Ladybirds hosts a Galentine’s Day celebration with wine and cocktail specials and snacks. 4pm.
- Galentine’s Day Floral Party at Red Lion British Pub | Thursday, February 13 – Gather a group of your gal pals for a fun evening of flower arranging at Red Lion British Pub. Upward Blooms will provide supplies, flowers, and instructions. Tickets are $58. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- Galentine’s Day Painting Party at The Mad Potter | Thursday, February 13 – Spend Galentine’s Day painting at The Mad Potter in River Oaks and enjoy sweets, drinks, music, and prizes. Tickets are $10. 7pm to 9pm.
- Galentine’s Day Soirée at Lucille’s | Thursday, February 13 – Have a girls night out for Galentine’s Day and enjoy a five-course menu paired with a collection of festive cocktails, tunes by DJ Big Reeks and more at Lucille’s. $75 per person. 7pm to 10pm.
- Galentine’s Day Cake & Sip at Etta’s Kitchen | Thursday, February 13 – Get your girls together and bring your favorite wine over to Etta’s Kitchen to decorate cupcakes, dip strawberries, and learn to make a craft cocktail—all while listening to girl power anthems. Tickets are $45. 7pm to 9pm.
- Galentine’s Social at Fig & Olive Houston | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – Treat yo’self to drink and food specials, a glass of Frosé, a comedy show and more at the Galentine’s Social at Fig & Olive Houston. Dress code is all black. Tickets are $30 per person; $48 for a pair. 6pm to 10:30pm.
- Galentine’s Day Floral Design Workshop at Noted. | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – Make your very own bouquet of flowers and celebrate friendship for the Galentine’s Day Floral Design Workshop at Noted. in the Heights. In this class, you will learn the basics of floral design, how to process and care for your flowers, and how to structure a beautiful arrangement. Tickets are $75 per person. 7pm to 9pm.
- Galentine’s Day Brunch at State Fare Kitchen & Bar | Saturday, February 15 and Sunday, February 16 – State Fare Kitchen & Bar celebrates Galentine’s Day with brunch specials that include red velvet pancakes, mimosa carafes for $20 and sparkling flights for $14. Saturday 9am to 10pm; Sunday 9am to 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides. Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).