Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, February 3 to Sunday, February 9, 2020.
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
Happening This Week
Also in February 2020
- Pre-School Story Time at Katy Budget Books | Wednesday, February 5 | FREE – Katy Budget Books hosts Pre-School Story Time for the little ones. The morning includes songs, snacks, activities and, of course, stories. The storytime will last one hour and aims to help set pre-schoolers up for reading success. 10am to 11am.
- National Girls and Women in Sports Day at Athleta at Memorial City | Wednesday, February 5 | FREE – Join Athleta in celebration of Girls and Women in Sports Day. This is an annual day of observance to acknowledge the accomplishments of female athletes, recognize the influence of sports participation for women and girls, and honor the progress and continuing struggle for equality for women in sports. Bring a picture of you working out in Athleta or make a purchase to receive a special swag bag and for a chance to be entered in drawings throughout the day. 10am to 7pm.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | Wednesday, February 5 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to Levy Park at the Children’s Pavilion for Bingo. Ages 4 to 12 can enjoy yelling “Bingo!” while they practice their letters and numbers as they earn prizes. Levy Park will provide Bingo cards, markers, and prizes. 4:30pm.
- Sesame Street Live! Make your Magic at NRG Center | Friday, February 7 and Sunday, February 9 – Sesame Street Live! Make Your Magic comes to NRG Center for seven performances. In partnership with the non-profit educational organization Sesame Workshop, this production features favorite Sesame Street pals Elmo, Abby Cadabby, Big Bird and more in a magical adventure live on stage. Tickets range from $20 to $80, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale marketplace. Showtimes vary.
- Youth Performance Poetry Sessions at Discovery Green | Friday, February 7 | FREE – Writers in the Schools and Discovery Green host a free writing and performance poetry workshop series at Discovery Green park. For this session, Brandon B. Shatter Harrison, a spoken word artist, host, and educator, will perform. 6:30pm and 8pm.
- Parents Survival Night at Little Gym Friendswood | Friday, February 7 – Take a well deserved break from the kids and bring them to Little Gym Friendswood for a night of play. Your children will get some quality time in a safe, fun place with trained instructors who lead them through music, games, and fun Lego and Duplo Juniors building activities. Register ahead of time to secure your spot. This event is for\ ages 3 to 12. Tickets are $35 for non-members; $30 for members. 6:30pm to 10pm.
- Scout Aviation Merit Badge at Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday, February 8 – The Lone Star Flight Museum offers a workshop to earn the Scout Aviation Badge. The three-hour workshop provides a hands-on learning experience including fundamentals of flight, aircraft design, model building, preflight inspection, and piloting the flight simulators. Tickets are $30. 9am to noon.
- Houston Roughnecks vs. Los Angeles Wildcats at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, February 8 – The XFL is a brand new, fan-first league that’s reimagining the game of football and offering fans an opportunity to experience more action, access, and fun. Cheer on the Houston Roughnecks in their debut game as they play against the Los Angeles Wildcats at TDECU Stadium on the University of Houston campus. Tickets range from $24 to $108, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 4pm.
- A Whole New World at MATCH | Saturday, February 8 – Sunrise International Dance Company presents their dance recital, A Whole New World, inspired by Disney’s Aladdin, Frozen, and Snow Queen, as well as Moiseyev Dance Company & Cirque du Soleil. Dance styles include Russian lyrical, traditional Ukrainian folk dance, Hungarian, tap and flamenco dances, as well as gymnastics movements. Tickets cost $45; $25 for ages 3 to 15. 6pm to 8pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 8 and Sunday, February 9 – Watch Grave Digger, Monster Mutt and more in high-flying, eardrum-rattling action when Monster Jam’s gargantuan trucks take to the dirt at NRG Stadium. Tickets range from $15 to over $100; parking at NRG Park is $15 cash at the gate. Times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).