In our Where to Happy Hour series, we search Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods for the very best libations. Originally published in 2017, we are now refreshing, updating, and adding to this series, including new neighborhoods and destinations.
With the largest shopping mall in Texas, over 700 retailers lining the streets, and ample opportunities to wine and dine, this high-end district is the shopping mecca of Houston. And with the shops come plenty of restaurants offering fantastic happy hour deals.
Note: For the purposes of this list, the Galleria and Uptown area is bound by South Voss to the west, I-610 to the east, Woodway to the north and Southwest Fwy to the south.
Where to Happy Hour in The Galleria & Uptown
- Caracol – The sea-kissed sibling to Montrose’s Hugo’s, Caracol offers an edible tour along the coasts of Mexico. Hit the bar to enjoy $4 beers and $7 wines, bubbles, sangria, margaritas, palomas, and mojitos, all while slurping down half-price, wood-roasted Gulf oysters smothered in chipotle butter (at happy hour and on Saturdays before 7pm). Other specials include the the Botella y Hamburguesa special, where you can get a prime beef burger and half-bottle of malbec for $30 (available Monday to Saturday from 11am to 7pm); and an array of bar bites, including campechana with tostaditos, a trio of quesadilla, and mini lobster rolls. Weekdays (at the bar) 3pm to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- Dish Society – Dish Society focuses on farm-to-table eats; and at happy hour, that means you’re digging into small plates like smoked gouda grit balls, pretzels & queso, avocado toasts, and pork belly bites. Wash it all down with Texas crafts and $5 wines by the glass ($15 bottles). Monday through Friday 3:30pm to 6:30pm. Click here for directions.
- Etoile Cuisine et Bar – The “green hour” at this French bistro is as satisfying as it gets, with bites ranging from $4 pommes frites and $6 truffle arancini to $11 mussels Marinière and a $10 brioche burger and beer/wine combo. Add on fancy beers, punch, cocktails, and absinthe. Monday through Friday 4:30pm to 6:30pm. Click here for directions.
- Nobu – Hit Tanoshi Hour at this world famous, upscale Japanese restaurant, which rocks a Houston location in The Galleria. Refined noshes run from miso salmon and yellowtail sashimi with jalapeno to rock shrimp tempura and prime beef kushiyaki; while cocktails include Lychee Coladas and Shiso Swizzles. Daily 5pm to 7pm in the bar and lounge. Click here for directions.
- Peli Peli – With a colorful LED canopy set above the space, sitting in the dining room at this inspired eatery is a worthwhile experience on its own. And then there’s the food. At happy hour, small plates, cocktails and wines are $6 a pop, with eats including lamb samosa, biltong-spiced fries, stuffed mushrooms, and crispy calamari. Wash it down with Cape Town Martini and African Daisy cocktails, or $2 off beers. Monday through Friday 2pm to 7pm. Click here for directions.
Other Great Happy Hour Options near The Galleria & Uptown
Hit the tree-shaded patio at Muldoon’s the Patio and Café Mawal; get daily specials at neighborhood bar The West End; transport yourself to Paris with enhanced sparkling bottle service at La Table; sip happy hour wines alongside small plates at North Italia and The Tasting Room: Uptown Park; hit cocktail hour in the Stone Crab Lounge at Truluck’s; and head to the Galleria for happy hour at spots like White Oak Kitchen + Drinks, The Oceanaire, Fig & Olive, Blanco Tacos & Tequila, and 51fifteen Cuisine & Cocktails; and look out for upcoming happy hour specials at The Annie Café & Bar.