Make the most of your month with our list of 15 favorite events and happenings in Houston during February 2020.
Also in February 2020
Happening This Week
This year, February gains one extra day for exciting events and festivities, and we’ve rounded up the best of the best happening throughout the month. With everything from romantic Valentine’s dinners and epic concerts to Super Bowl watch parties and the annual HLSR Bar-B-Que Contest, you’re in for a fabulous February no matter what piques your interest.
Events are not ranked, but are listed in chronological order throughout the month of February.
Top 15 Things to Do in Houston This Month: February 2020
- Celine Dion in Concert at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 1 – Sing along to a slew of epic ballads when Celine Dion performs live for the “Courage World Tour” at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $59.50, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwokrk’s resale market. 7:30pm.
- Tim and Eric: 2020 Mandatory Attendance World Tour at Wortham Theater Center | Saturday, February 1 – Take in the goofs, spooks, and insanity of comedy duo Tim and Eric’s “2020 Mandatory Attendance World Tour” at Wortham Theater Center. Tickets cost $45, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Super Bowl Watch Parties Around Houston | Sunday, February 2 – Munch on your favorite snacks, crack open a few cold ones, and get ready to watch the biggest game (and best commercials) of the year at one of many Super Bowl watch parties happening around town. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- 14th Annual Rory Miggins Irish Music Festival & Stew Cook-Off at Lucky’s Pub | Saturday, February 8 – Cheer on a lineup of teams as they cook up a variety of Irish dishes in the 14th annual Rory Miggins Irish Music Festival & Stew Cook-Off at Lucky’s Pub. Competition categories include Irish coffee, Irish dessert, open Irish dish, chicken, Irish stew, chili, and best booth. Tickets for guests to sample the variety of cuisine are available for a $10 entry fee at the door; ages under 12 are free. Noon to 6pm.
- UFC 247: Jon Jones versus Dominick Reyes at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 8 – Jon Jones goes up against Dominick “The Devastator” Reyes in UFC 247 at Toyota Center in Downtown. You’ll also catch flyweight champion Valentina Shevchenko defending her crown against Katlyn Chookagian, plus Houston’s own Derrick Lewis welcoming Ilir Latifi to the heavyweight division. Tickets range from $75 to $450, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 5:15pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, February 8 and Sunday, February 9 – Get revved up for a high-energy showcase of massive trucks crushing, ramming, crashing, and soaring through the air at NRG Stadium. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- We Shall Overcome: A Celebration of Dr. Martin Luther King Jr. at Wortham Theater Center | Sunday, February 9 – Pay homage to Dr. Martin Luther King, Jr. as Damien Sneed presents We Shall Overcome, which showcases African American musical traditions that inspired civil rights activists and defenders, intertwined with recordings from Dr. King’s speeches. Tickets start at $29. 4pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Utah Jazz at Toyota Center | Sunday, February 9 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Jazz at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- Valentines Dinners Around Houston | Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – Treat your sweetie to a romantic night out at one of many Valentine’s events happening around town. Choose from elegant dinners, comedy shows, concerts and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- The 109th Celebration of Mardi Gras! Galveston | Starts Valentine’s Day, Friday, February 14 – Get the party started at Galveston’s 109th annual Mardi Gras celebration, complete with elaborate parades, performances, concerts, balcony parties, masked balls, an official 5K run, family events and more than 3 million beads. Prices and times vary daily.
- Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center | Saturday, February 15 and Sunday, February 16 – Ball out at a thrilling performance by the world-renown Harlem Globetrotters at Fertitta Center on the University of Houston campus. You’ll see the uber-talented players perform all kinds of trick shots and slam dunks throughout the show. Tickets range from $23 to $175, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Times vary.
- Patti LaBelle, with Babyface, Tamia at Smart Financial Centre | Sunday, February 16 – Swoon to the sounds of the Godmother of Soul, Patti LaBelle, when she performs some of her greatest hits at Smart Financial Centre. Babyface and Tamia open the show. Tickets range from $49.50 to $250.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website. 7pm.
- Houstonia Magazine’s 7th Annual Gumbo Smackdown | Saturday, February 22 – Chow down on loads of spicy gumbo when Houstonia Magazine returns to Sugar Land Town Square for its seventh annual Gumbo Smackdown. Festival-goers can enjoy bottomless drinks, entertainment, plenty of food, and an awards ceremony to announce the People’s and Judges’ Choice trophies. Tickets are $40 for adults 21 and up; $20 for ages 13 to 20; free for ages 12 and under. Noon to 4pm.
- The Sleeping Beauty at the Wortham Theater Center | Thursday, February 27 through Sunday, March 8 – Take a seat for the Houston Ballet’s new adaptation of the classic fairytale, Sleeping Beauty, on the stage of Wortham Theater Center. The dazzling production features Tchaikovsky’s score paired with mesmerizing choreography and beautiful costumes. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- HLSR’s World Championship Bar-B-Que Contest at NRG Park | Thursday, February 27 to Saturday, February 29 – Kick off the rodeo festivities at one of its biggest events as more than 250 teams come together to compete in the World Championship Bar-B-Que Contest in NRG Park. Tickets cost $20; $5 for ages 3 to 12. Times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).