Snag beads and enjoy parades, concerts, balcony parties and more at the 109th Mardi Gras! Galveston from Friday, February 14 through Tuesday, February 25, 2020.
From Mardi Gras merrymaking to Fat Tuesday frolicking, Galveston Island comes alive for two weeks of celebratory parades, parties, performances and more during the 109th Mardi Gras! Galveston.
One of the largest and oldest Mardi Gras celebrations in the nation, Mardi Gras! Galveston features a packed slate of parties and parade floats that route through the Entertainment District, with the largest parades also rolling along the beachfront on Seawall Boulevard.
Mardi Gras Revelry on the Island
The Mardi Gras! Galveston headquarters is the Entertainment District in Downtown, where the good times roll with music headliners gracing the stage at Saengerfest Park, bead-catching for the bare-necked masses, and balcony parties with prime parade viewing.
If you’re looking for something with a fancier flair, then suit up in black-tie attire and head for the extravagant masked balls that feature lavish buffets, live performers, dancing and parade viewing that makes for an upscale way to enjoy Mardi Gras.
Or, if you’re in need of family-friendly revelry, then swing through on Sunday, February 23 for Family Gras where you’ll find a full day of live entertainment, plus the Krewe of Barkus & Meoux Pet Parade, Mardi Gras Children’s Parade, and the Sunshine Kids & Shriners Hospital Parade through the Entertainment District.
Tickets are required to enter the Entertainment District; balcony parties and special events require an additional ticket purchase.
Mardi Gras Music
Saengerfest Park takes center stage during Mardi Gras! Galveston with more than 25 concerts gracing the Corona Stage and surrounding streets. Concert viewing is included with general admission tickets.
Scheduled headliners throughout the two-week celebration include:
- Blue October | Saturday, February 15 – The alt rock band from Houston has enjoyed multiple Top 40 singles, platinum releases, and worldwide tours. Now, they help kick off Mardi Gras! Galveston festivities with a Saturday night performance. 6pm.
- DJ T3 and DJ Squared | Saturday, February 15 – Headliners DJ T3 and DJ Squared will take to the decks to cap off the first Saturday night concerts, starting at 10pm. On Fridays and Saturdays during Mardi Gras! Galveston, pulse-pounding DJs will keep the party rolling with EDM performances from 5pm to 1am in Downtown.
- Bidi Bidi Banda and La Leyenda | Sunday, February 16 – Headlining Fiesta Gras festivities that highlight Hispanic heritage, Selena Tribute group Bidi Bidi Banda will take the Corona Stage at noon, followed by Monterrey Norteño band La Leyenda at 2:30pm.
- Bowling for Soup | Friday, February 21 – The Texas Grammy-nominated pop punk band graces the stage on the second weekend of Mardi Gras! Galveston, with an infectiously fun headlining set. 10:30pm.
109th Mardi Gras! Galveston 2020
- Dates: Friday, February 14 through Tuesday, February 25, 2020
- Times: Varies by event. Click here for more information and a schedule of events.
- Locations: Varies. Most events take place in the Entertainment District, at 23rd Street and Strand Street. Click here for more information and a schedule of events.
- Admission: General Admission tickets range from $11.50 to $16, with multi-day packages available. General Admission tickets at the gate are $23. Tickets are required for entry to Entertainment District festivities; parade routes along Seawall Boulevard are no cover. Ages 12 and under are free. Click here for more information or to purchase advance tickets.
This article was sponsored by Galveston CVB. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.