Happening This Week
Also in January 2020
Make the most of your week with our top 12 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, January 27 to Sunday, February 2, 2020.
Taste and compare all types of teas, catch comedic podcasters in a live show, root for the U.S. women’s soccer team, belt out “My Heart Will Go On” at the Celine Dion concert, sip exclusive barrel-aged beers and more.
Top 12 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Truffle Masters 2020 at the C. Baldwin Hotel | Monday, January 27 – Indulge in decadent dishes that all incorporate delicious black truffles when 25 chefs come together for the sixth annual Truffle Masters 2020 competition at the C. Baldwin Hotel. Competing chefs include Alex Padilla of Ninfa’s on Navigation, La Lucha’s Bobby Matos, Kata Robata’s Manabu Horiuchi and more. Tickets are $195 for general admission; $295 for VIP, with proceeds benefiting Second Servings of Houston. 7pm to 10pm; 6pm for VIP.
- Tea Seminar & Tasting: Where East Meets West at Asia Society Texas Center | Wednesday, January 29 – Celebrate National Hot Tea Month with Asia Society Texas Center, who will host this special tasting event with white, green, matcha, oolong, black, and dark tea. You’ll learn about and compare different teas, and discover how to best brew each style. Tickets are $75 for individuals; $100 for two people. Asia Society members are $50 for individuals; $75 for two people. 6pm to 8pm.
- Love Money & the Law Presents: Heart to Heart | Wednesday, January 29 – Join family law attorney Cindy Hide, as she dives into critical issues related to love, money and the law, for her 3-part Heart to Heart series. The theme for part 1 of the series is Cohabitation Agreement vs Marriage? Reasons, Risks & Rewards and will happen at Seasons 52. You’ll enjoy lite bites, learn key strategies for building successful relationships and submit questions anonymously to receive expert legal insight during an open Q&A session. Tickets are $50; $75 for a pair of tickets with VIP options available. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Christina P at Houston Improv | Thursday, January 30 to Saturday, February 1 – Crack up at a live set by comedian, writer, TV personality, and podcast host Christina P when she brings her hilarious act to the Improv for three nights. Tickets range from $25 to $50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Showtimes vary.
- Women’s 2020 Olympics Qualifier: USWNT vs. Panama at BBVA Stadium | Friday, January 31 – Cheer on the two-time defending World Cup Champion US women’s soccer team as they compete against Panama, in an Olympic qualifying tournament at BBVA Stadium. Tickets start at $22, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 4:45pm.
- A Barrel Aged Evening at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Friday, January 31 – Sip barrel-aged beers pulled straight from the source during this special event at Saint Arnold Brewery. They’ll open up their Beer Hall and Investors Pub for the evening, which will also include barrel-aged coffee from Java Pura Coffee Roasters, on-site woodworkers, and a heavy appetizer buffet. Tickets are $65. 7pm to 10pm.
- Eric Johnson in Concert at House of Blues | Saturday, February 1 – Jam out at a rock concert by the Grammy-winning guitarist, Eric Johnson, who brings his tour to House of Blues. Tickets range from $25 to $59.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 1 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Mavs at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $32, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Celine Dion in Concert at Toyota Center | Saturday, February 1 – Sing along to a slew of epic ballads when Celine Dion performs live on the “Courage World Tour” at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $59.50, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwokrk’s resale market. 7:30pm.
- Saint Motel in Concert at House of Blues | Saturday, February 1 – Catch a set from the LA-based indie-pop band, Saint Motel, while on “The Motion Picture Show Tour” at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $25. 8pm.
- Tim and Eric: 2020 Mandatory Attendance World Tour at Wortham Theater Center | Saturday, February 1 – Take in the goofs, spooks, and insanity of comedy duo Tim and Eric’s “2020 Mandatory Attendance World Tour” at Wortham Theater Center. Tickets cost $45, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Super Bowl Watch Parties Around Houston | Sunday, February 2 – Munch on your favorite snacks, crack open a few cold ones, and get ready to watch the biggest game (and best commercials) of the year at one of many Super Bowl watch parties happening around town. Prices, times, and locations vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).