Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, January 27 to Sunday, February 2, 2020.
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
Happening This Week
Also in January 2020
- Family Bingo at Palava Family Entertainment Center | Monday, January 27 – Yell “Bingo” as a family at Bingo Night at Palava Family Entertainment Center in Spring. Spend the evening playing bingo while enjoying food and drinks. Prizes will be awarded. Regular admission rates apply; prices vary by age and activity choices. 6pm.
- Lunar New Year WonderWeek at Children’s Museum of Houston | Tuesday, January 28 and Wednesday, January 29 – Families can head to the Children’s Museum of Houston and enjoy making full moon silhouettes, designing fire lanterns and more at the Lunar New Year WonderWeek. Entry is included with general admission to the museum. 10am to 6pm.
- Frozen Preschool Play Date at Westwood Gymnastics | Friday, January 31 – Send the little ones to Westwood Gymnastics where they’ll enjoy arts, crafts, bouncing and more at this Frozen-themed day of fun. Be sure to send them with a packed lunch, though. Potty trained kids ages 3 to 5 are invited to attend. Register online 24 hours in advance for $16 or pay $20 at the door. 9am to 1pm.
- Hot Chocolate 15K/5K at Sam Houston Park | Saturday, February 1 – In two-course lengths, run from the Downtown starting line, down Allen Parkway, and enjoy sweet stations along the way, a goodie bag of chocolaty goodness, and race swag at the Hot Chocolate 15K/5K. Registration is $74 for the 15K; $54 for the 5K. 7:15am.
- Lunar New Year Houston 2020 at Viet Hoa Center | Saturday, February 1 and Sunday, February 2 | FREE – This two-day outdoor festival and market will feature lions and dragons performing along with live music as well as food and local vendors to ring in the Year of the Rat. Guests are invited to this celebration of Asian cultures represented in Houston, including Vietnamese, Chinese, Korean, Japanese, Cambodian, Filipino and more. 10am to 6pm.
- Houston Ice Festival: Tour Around the World at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Saturday, February 1 | FREE – Admire the work of talented ice sculptors in an epic competition at Saint Arnold Brewery. The Houston Ice Festival will also feature street painting, arts and crafts, music from DJ Caps One, dance performances, and a kid’s corner. 11am to 7pm.
- Skate with Storybook Stars on The Ice at Discovery Green | Saturday, February 1 – Glide beneath the glittering lights of Downtown on The Ice at Discovery Green. On Saturday, bring the family to slide around the rink with superhero Black Panther. At 7,716-square-foot, The Ice at Discovery Green clocks in as the largest outdoor skating rink in the Southwest. Made from water recycled from the park’s Kinder Lake, the rink is the de facto headquarters for outdoor winter fun. General admission is $11; $4 for skate rental fee. 4pm to 6pm.
- Finding Neverland at The Grand 1894 Opera House | Saturday, February 1 and Sunday, February 2 – The Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston welcomes the popular musical Finding Neverland for two weekend performances. The heartwarming theatrical event tells the incredible story behind one of the world’s most beloved characters—Peter Pan. Playwright J.M. Barrie struggles to find inspiration until he meets four young brothers and their beautiful widowed mother. Spellbound by the boys’ enchanting make-believe adventures, he sets out to write a play that will astound theatergoers. Tickets range from $22.50 to $108, but limited discounted tickets start at $19. Showtimes vary.
- Sunday Family Zone at Museum of Fine Arts, Houston | Sunday, February 2 – Families are invited for a day filled with a variety of games, activities, and coloring in the galleries. Sunday Family Zone focuses on different works of art, artists, and exhibitions. Join one of two storybook circles at 1:30pm or 3pm. Recommended for ages 3 and up. Entry is included with general museum admission; MFAH members and ages 12 and under always receive free general admission. 1pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).