Scream for the home teams at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, January 27 through Sunday, February 2, 2020.
Happening This Week
Also in January 2020
This week, the reigning Women’s World Cup champions return to Houston for a week of 2020 Summer Olympics Qualifying, while the Rockets face stiff competition from popular names at home.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- US Women’s National Team Olympics Qualifying at BBVA Stadium | Tuesday, January 28 and Friday, January 31 – With the 2020 Summer Olympics around the corner, the back-to-back World Cup champs are joined by Costa Rica, Panama, and Haiti for a three-game qualifying run in Houston (the final match takes place on Monday, February 3). They’ll face Haiti on Tuesday and Panama on Friday, with the remaining two teams completing the doubleheader event each matchday. Tickets range from $27 to over $100 and are good for both matches on that day, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 4:45pm on both days.
- Houston Winter Invitational at Minute Maid Park | Friday, January 31 through Sunday, February 2 – The annual baseball tournament returns to Minute Maid Park with three days of tripleheaders featuring six college clubs, including Arkansas Tech, Monticello, and Astros owner Jim Crane’s alma mater, University of Central Missouri. Tickets are good for all games on that day and are $17; $11 for students; $8 for ages 4 to 14, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Games begin at 10am each day.
- Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks at Toyota Center | Friday, January 31 – Led by Luka Doncic, the Mavericks are on the come up this season, making for a spicy rivalry with the Rockets. Tickets range from $30 to over $1,000, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Hot Chocolate 15K/5K at Sam Houston Park | Saturday, February 1 – In two-course lengths, run from the Downtown starting line, down Allen Parkway, and enjoy sweet stations along the way, a goodie bag of chocolaty goodness, and race swag. Registration is $74 for the 15K; $54 for the 5K. Events begin at 7:15am.
- Houston Rockets vs. New Orleans Pelicans at Toyota Center | Sunday, February 2 – Number-One draft pick Zion Williamson makes his Houston debut against James Harden and the Rockets. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 1pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).