Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, January 29 to Sunday, February 2, 2020.
Happening This Week
Also in January 2020
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
Wednesday, January 29, 2020
- Pre-Galentines Day Mixology Party at A Splash of Sass – Learn how to make 3 different cocktails and play Galentine’s Day trivia with your gal pals at A Splash of Sass women’s boutique in Cypress. $55 per person. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Musiqa in Concert at CAMH | FREE – Musiqa presents a special concert in conjunction with the current exhibition Will Boone: The Highway Hex at the Contemporary Arts Museum, Houston. 6:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Brews & Brushes at Little Woodrow’s EaDo – Get your creative juices flowing by painting and enjoying a beer at the Brews & Brushes event at Little Woodrow’s EaDo. They will provide the canvas, supplies, and a Saint Arnold Winter IPA with admission. $20 per person. 7pm to 10pm.
- AJJ in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The folk-punk band, AJJ, performs live at White Oak Music Hall with support from Taco Cat and Bug Bites. Tickets are $20 in advance; $22 at the door. 7pm.
- Wednesday Night Karaoke at Guava Lamp | No Cover – Spend your hump day singing your heart out at the award-winning Wednesday Night Karaoke at the LGBTQ-friendly bar, Guava Lamp. There will be $3 Cosmo cocktails all night. 9pm.
Thursday, January 30, 2020
- Seinfeld and Friends Trivia at Great Heights Brewing Company | No Cover – For fans of two of the most popular sitcoms, Seinfeld and Friends, get your team together to participate in this trivia night at Great Heights Brewing Company. 7pm to 9:30pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show at CSz Arena – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $7 tickets are available. 8pm.
- And That’s Why We Drink: Here for the Boos Tour at House of Blues – Burst out laughing when the Webby award-winning, comedic true crime podcast, And That’s Why We Drink, brings its “Here for the Boos! Tour” to Houston’s House of Blues. Tickets start at $35, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Armin Van Buuren in Concert at Revention Music Center – One of the most sought-after trance DJs in the world, the Grammy-nominated Armin Van Buuren heads to Downtown’s Revention Music Center for a performance celebrating his recent album release, Balance—the first album to drop in four years. Tickets start at $40, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 9pm.
- Abundantly Queer: A 2010s Revue at Pearl Bar – Join local musicians Space Kiddettes and Stoo for their monthly queer showcase at Pearl Bar Houston celebrating all things from the 2010s. The lineup includes queer artists paying tribute to songs, moments, and looks of the 2010s along with some retrospective themed games. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Rad City Thursdays at Present Company | No Cover – Jam out to nothing but ’80s and ’90s tunes when DJ Fredster spins at the Montrose favorite, Present Company. 9pm.
Friday, January 31, 2020
- Eric Johnson at House of Blues – The prodigious guitarist, Eric Johnson, is best known for his Grammy-winning epic, Cliffs of Dover, but with ten albums to his name, he’ll cull through fan favorites at House of Blues. Tickets range from $25 to $59.50, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- A Barrel Aged Evening at Saint Arnold Brewery – Sip barrel-aged beers pulled straight from the source during this special event at Saint Arnold Brewery. They’ll open up their Beer Hall and Investors Pub for the evening, which will also include barrel-aged coffee from Java Pura Coffee Roasters, on-site woodworkers, and a heavy appetizer buffet. Tickets are $65. 7pm to 10pm.
- Sticky Fingers #5: Sticker Art Show at Insomnia Gallery | FREE – Sticky Fingers is back for the 5th installment of this unique sticker art show featuring local artists at Insomnia Gallery. 7:30pm.
- The Fab Four: The Ultimate Tribute at Revention Music Center – Revention Music Center hosts the all-ages Beatles tribute band, The Fab Four: The Ultimate Tribute. Expect favorites like “Can’t Buy Me Love,” “Yesterday,” “A Day In The Life,” “Twist And Shout,” “Here Comes The Sun,” “Hey Jude” and more. Tickets start at $17, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- When Harry Met Sally Movie Screening at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – Enjoy an outdoor screening of the ’80s romantic comedy classic starring Meg Ryan and Billy Crystal, When Harry Met Sally, at City Acre Brewing Co. 8pm.
- Duran Duran Tribute at Etro Lounge – Dance to hits from one of the most iconic ’80s bands, Duran Duran, at Etro Lounge on Downtown. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
Saturday, February 1, 2020
- End of Dry January at The Rustic | No Cover – Celebrate the end of “Dry January” with live music and a happy hour from 3pm to 6pm that includes $3 Rustic Ritas at The Rustic. Live music begins at 12:30pm.
- Super Boil Saturday at The Brass Tap | No Cover – Kick-off Super Bowl weekend with some tasty crawfish along with sausage, corn, and potatoes at The Brass Tap. 1pm to 5pm.
- Fresh Prince of Bel Air Trivia Pub Crawl in Downtown – Show off what you know about Will, Uncle Phil, and the Carlton dance at the Fresh Prince of Bel Air Pub Crawl around Downtown. Check-in is at Henke & Pillot. General admission starts at $5. 3pm to 9pm.
- Opening Reception: There is Another Garden at Archway Gallery | FREE – Archway Gallery in Montrose hosts a free opening reception for its newest exhibition, There Is Another Garden, featuring new paintings and mixed media by Sherry Tseng Hill and mosaics by Nathan Hill. There will be artist remarks at 6:30pm. Complimentary wine and light bites will be served. Complimentary valet service will be provided. 5pm to 8pm.
- Opening Reception: Texas Heat Wave at Jack Rabbit Gallery | FREE – Show off your Texas spirit when Jack Rabbit Gallery presents the Texas Heat Wave group art exhibition. The group show will feature artists from the Lone Star State, including Houston’s Laura Goodson and her monochrome Southwestern series of bandits, cowboys and bad boys, the bright-colored pop art of Austin’s Sari Shryack, new cubist-inspired bronze sculptures by Jennifer Troice and more. 6pm to 9pm.
- Vibe Soul at Bohemeo’s – Bohemeo’s hosts Vibe Soul, an evening of R&B and soul featuring live performances of covers from the catalogs of Anita Baker, Lauryn Hill, Erykah Badu, and Toni Braxton. Tickets are $10, but limited $8 tickets are available. 6:30pm.
- Saint Motel in Concert at House of Blues – Catch a set from the LA-based indie-pop band, Saint Motel, for “The Motion Picture Show” tour at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $25. 8pm.
- Wepa Party! at The Dive – Dance to Cumbia, Reggaeton and more at the Wepa Party!, a Latin dance night at The Dive. RSVP before 11pm for free entry; $10 to skip the line. 9pm.
- The Broken Spokes in Concert at Goode Company Armadillo Palace – The local country-pop band, The Broken Spokes perform live at Goode’s Armadillo Palace. The show is 21 and up. Tickets are $8. 9pm.
Sunday, February 2, 2020
- Super Sunday Big Game Party at Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon – Celebrate the big game with an all-you-can-eat crawfish party at the LGBTQ-friendly Neon Boots Dancehall & Saloon. Non-crawfish eaters can enjoy all-you-can-eat sausage, potatoes, mac & cheese and more. Tickets start at $25 for crawfish plates; $10 without crawfish. Noon to 10pm.
- 6th Annual Super Bowl Viewing & After Party at Capitol Bar | No Cover – Capitol Bar hosts its sixth annual installment of its Super Bowl viewing and after party, a super-sized edition of its popular weekly Sunday Funday celebration. Bottles will be $100 until halftime. Jello shots will be $2 all night. Plus, there will be more drink and shot specials. Tacos, quesadillas, burgers and more will be available for purchase. 4pm to midnight.
- Super Bowl Sunday Industry Potluck at Eight Row Flint | No Cover – Eight Row Flint hosts its 4th annual industry potluck on Super Bowl Sunday, as Agricole Hospitality cooks will come with all kinds of deliciousness to share. Bring a dish and join the party, which also features its full menu and beer specials. 4pm.
- Sunday Night Fever at The Flat | No Cover – The Flat hosts Sunday Night Fever with local DJs playing all vinyl disco, house, dance, funk, and derivatives. There will also be drink specials on cocktails. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).