Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
First settled in the mid-1800s and eventually rocking a game-changing railroad stop, Tomball has continued to grow into the bustling, small city that it is today, offering a perfect compromise between big city life and the quiet countryside. There’s plenty to do and see in this neighborhood, including a visit to these fun nightlife spots.
Note: For the purposes of this list, Tomball is defined by the area covered in this map.
The Best Bars in and around Tomball
- District 2.4.9 Bar & Grill – This new sports bar rocks 50+ TVs, a 5,000-square-foot patio, a dance floor, shuffleboard, pool, darts, and 10 beach volleyball courts. Join the volleyball club, kickball, and cornhole leagues, and pop in for live music, steak nights, tasty pub grub and more. Click here for directions.
- The Empty Glass – Catch live music on Friday and Saturday nights at this cozy Texas tasting room and wine bar. The bar pours featured Texas wines from Inwood Estates from the Dallas area, Galveston County’s Haak Vineyards, Fall Creek Vineyards, McPherson Cellars, Becker Vineyards, and Llano Estacado Winery, as well as wines from California, Oregon, Washington, Chile, and Argentina. Click here for directions.
- Cheers Bar – This congenial neighborhood bar offers live music and karaoke, pool and darts tourneys, bar games, cheap booze, a laid-back Texas vibe, and all-night fun. Click here for directions.
- FireAnt BrewPub – The beers are brewed in-house at this cool Downtown Tomball haunt. Wash down half-pound burgers and nachos with the Hell’s Heavenweizen, a cloudy wheat beer with notes of banana; Fire Ant Bock, a bold, copper-colored lager; and 2920 IPA, an IPA that’s balanced and drinkable, all day long. The pub hosts later hours on Friday and Saturday until 11pm. Click here for directions.
- Kim’s Pub – You’ll get a dive bar feel at this fun-loving strip center joint, which draws a party crowd for karaoke, poker nights, Jello shots, sports games, darts, pool games and more. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in Tomball
Grab a freshly crafted brew at Bearded Fox Brewing; jam to live music at Main Street Crossing; sip cold ones and catch the game at Leslie’s Sports Bar, Tailgators Pub & Grill, and Molly’s Pub.