Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
One of Houston’s most beloved green spaces lies just five miles from Downtown. Memorial Park spans 1,466 acres, offering a blend of hiking and nature trails (including the park’s popular three-mile loop), softball fields, tennis and croquet courts, sand volleyball, the 18-hole Memorial Park Golf Course, and plenty of free space for a game of pickup soccer or a flag football game.
Enjoy some outdoors or work up a sweat at the park, then treat yourself to an adult beverage at these nearby bars:
The Best Bars Near Memorial Park
- Canyon Creek – This Hill Country-style hangout is part of the Creek Group (along with popular hangouts like Cedar Creek and Onion Creek), and it sits just a hop, skip, and jump away from Memorial Park on Westcott. Pop in for cold craft brews and specials from Monday Steak Night to Wild Whiskey Wednesday. Click here for directions.
- Down the Street – Just north of I-10, this neighborhood hangout offers a pup-friendly patio space, killer Moscow Mule, and fun stuff like trivia and bingo nights, beer specials, and tacos. Click here for directions.
- Ladybirds – Everyone feels like family at this laidback, family-owned cocktail and brew bar off Allen Parkway and TC Jester. Snag a seat inside or on the patio to enjoy super chill times, which can include things like a piña colada old fashioned, two spoon gin sours, jukebox tunes, and food truck eats from smoked honey hot wings to a really, really good burger. Click here for directions.
- Handle Bar – Over on Washington, this neon-lit, good-looking bar rocks everything from classic cocktails and tiki drinks to craft beer and wine. Hit the unpretentious adult playground to enjoy retro tunes, fantastic beverages, and good times. Click here for directions.
- Kung Fu Saloon – The fun doesn’t stop at this neighborhood party bar, which sits less than a mile from the park off Washington. Hit it up and you’ll find cool stuff like vintage arcade games, ping-pong and Skee-Ball, private karaoke rooms, TVs for game day, and an outdoor patio, plus happy hour specials, a lineup of sake bombs, and eats from cheeseburger egg rolls and bbq cheese fries to green chile patty melts and Nashville ninja hot wings. Click here for directions.
- Revolver Houston – Located nearby on Washington, this cool kid’s gastropub rocks crafted cocktails, bar bites, and specials including Taco Tuesday, Steak Night Wednesday and Wing Night Thursday. Hit the patio on nicer nights, or cozy up in the handsome, exposed brick interior. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options Near Memorial Park
Head up to 11th Street to sip Texas brews and Southern cocktails at Cactus Grove; enjoy a low-key good time (and nights like Open Mic Comedy Mondays) at Bubba’s Sports Bar & Grill; and check out even more West Washington Avenue hotspots like Clutch Bar, Concrete Cowboy, Lincoln Bar, to name a few.