In our Where to Shop series, we search Greater Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods and communities for the best boutiques, retail shops, clothing stores and more.
Shopping in the Uptown neighborhood doesn’t have to mean braving the crowds of the Galleria.
In fact, the area is ripe with plenty of outstanding boutiques and shops that don’t require parking garages, escalator rides, and lengthy treks from one side of the mall to the other.
Where to Shop in Uptown
With so many amazing options for clothing, accessories, and decor, it’s entirely possible to find exactly what you need without stepping foot inside the Galleria. Below, we’ve listed our favorite picks for places to shop in Uptown.
For the purposes of this list, Uptown is west of the 610 Loop, south of Woodway Drive, north of Westheimer Road, and east of South Voss Road.
- Monkee’s of Houston – Since 1995, Monkee’s has expanded its ladies boutique empire across the country with a curated collection of women’s clothing and accessories. Each shop is independently owned and operated, so our Houston location offers just what Texans need to feel fashionable and fabulous—whether that be a pair of Mignonne Gavigan feathered earrings or an Austin-based Consuela backpack. Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- Dimensions in Fashion – In-house stylists can help you piece together the perfect ensemble for any occasion at Dimensions in Fashion. With an ever-growing selection of trendy women’s clothing and accessories (think brands like BB Dakota, 7 For All Mankind, and Trina Turk), this spot is ideal for a wardrobe refresh. Monday to Friday 10am to 6:30pm; Saturday 10am to 6pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- The Little Bird – Rethink your idea of consignment at this upscale shop offering designer brand shoes, handbags, and clothing that are either new or gently used. Score quality pieces from Gucci, Celine, Hermes, and Chanel for a discounted price. Monday to Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday noon to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- Luxington Boutique – With Luxington’s refreshing interior, you’ll feel as though you’ve walked into a modern art gallery rather than a women’s clothing boutique. Once you find your bearings, you’ll notice a slew of on-trend statement pieces like gold-coated jeans; snakeskin booties; and blush, faux fur coats—a fashion-lover’s dream. Tuesday to Friday 11am to 7pm; Saturday 11am to 6pm; Sunday noon to 5pm; closed Monday. Click here for directions.
- Elizabeth Anthony – Known for offering luxury brands and curated fine jewelry, Elizabeth Anthony has been a big name in Houston since opening in 1996, when they mostly showcased evening wear. Now, a trip to the two-story boutique means shopping exclusive apparel, accessories, and jewelry from top designers, plus one-on-one in-store appointments, personal shopping and styling, alterations, special occasion wardrobe planning and more. Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- Carrie Ann – Shop flirty sundresses, night-out jumpsuits, and even fun accessories for your furry, four-legged friend from Carrie Ann in Uptown Park. They offer inclusive sizing, affordable prices, and special sale events throughout the year. Monday to Friday 11am to 7pm; Saturday 10am to 6pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- M. Penner – This award-winning, family-owned business takes men’s apparel and accessories to the next level with an in-store custom tailor, closet-cleaning service, and personal shopping. Featuring names like Zegna, Kiton, Isaia, Etro and more, the shop also offers a growing selection of women’s clothing. Tuesday to Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; closed Sunday and Monday. Click here for directions.
Home Decor, Accessories & Boutiques
- Home Source – Elevate your home’s aesthetic with hand-crafted woodwork and one-of-a-kind furniture pieces shipped from across the globe and into Home Source on Post Oak. The family-owned business ensures that each piece is cut from ethically sourced materials like plantation-grown teak, mahogany, Indian rosewood and more. Monday to Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday noon to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- Lily Rain – This fun little shop first got its start in Houston’s Rice Village and has since expanded to offer locations across Texas (including this Uptown outpost). With everything from trendy clothes, makeup and accessories to gifts galore and adorable party supplies, their success comes as no surprise. Monday 11am to 6pm; Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 7pm; Sunday noon to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- High Gloss – Step into High Gloss for an eclectic selection of artisan jewelry, accessories and collectibles curated by twin sisters Kim and Lisa Glosserman. Drawing inspiration from more than 80 local and international artists, they offer everything from one-of-a-kind statement pieces to everyday jewelry, scarves and handbags. Click here for directions.
- Pinto Ranch – Houston wouldn’t be complete without a one-stop shop for western wear and southern-inspired decor. At Pinto Ranch, that’s exactly what you get, with an impressive collection of leather boots, cowboy hats, belt buckles, western apparel, rustic home decor, gifts, and even saddles for horseback riding. Sunday noon to 5pm; Monday to Friday 10am to 6:30pm; Saturday 10am to 6pm. Click here for directions.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).