In our Where to Work Out series, we search Greater Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods and communities for the best fitness studios for cardio, strength training, yoga and more.
While Houston’s weather isn’t always ideal for an outdoor sweat sesh, The Heights has no shortage of indoor fitness studios to choose from.
Whether you’ve just moved to the neighborhood or you’re looking to try something new, The Heights has something for everyone to reach their fitness goals.
Where to Work Out in The Heights
From pilates, yoga, and barre to spin, HIIT, and Brazilian jiu-jitsu, we’ve found all kinds of places to get your body in motion. Read below to see our favorite places to exercise in The Heights.
Yoga & Pilates
- Fyre Fitness – At Fyre Fitness, you use the Lagree method of pilates to fatigue all of those tiny muscles you didn’t know existed through various exercises (think lunges, bicep curls, and plenty of core work) on the Megaformer machine. And while the name sounds intimidating, this equipment works wonders for tightening, toning, and lengthening your entire body. Monday to Thursday 5:30am to 7:30pm; Friday 5:30am to 7pm; Saturday and Sunday 8:30am to 1pm. Click here for directions.
- Black Swan Yoga – Find your zen at the donation-based Black Swan Yoga. Hailing from Austin, this popular studio is known for its warm, welcoming atmosphere, varied music and teaching styles per instructor, and overall communal environment. Monday to Thursday 6am to 11pm; Friday 6am to 9:30pm; Saturday 7:15am to 8pm; Sunday 8:30am to 9:30pm. Click here for directions.
- Yogaworks – This nationwide yoga company prioritizes inclusivity, offering classes suited for yogis of all ages and experience levels. Since opening their first studio in 1987, they’ve championed thoughtful teaching practices with plenty of modifications and advancements to do just that. Monday to Thursday 5:30am to 9:30pm; Friday 5:30am to 6:45pm; Saturday and Sunday 8am to 6:45pm. Click here for directions.
Spin & HIIT
- Ride Indoor Cycling – Work up a sweat in a challenging spin class that feels more like a party than a workout at Ride Indoor Cycling. Motivating instructors, pumped-up playlists, colorful lights, and synchronized dance moves make this high-energy workout something to look forward to. Click here to view upcoming appointments. Click here for directions.
- Sweat 1000 Studios – If your workout mentality is more “pedal to the metal” than not, definitely look into the High Intensity Interval Training (HIIT) sweat sesh that is Sweat1000. Throughout the 60-minute class, you’ll quickly switch between treadmill bursts and floor exercises with little downtime, for a full body workout that aims to burn 1,000 calories per session. Monday to Wednesday 5am to 8:30pm; Thursday 5am to 7:30pm; Friday 5am to 6pm; Saturday 8am to noon; Sunday 8am to 11am. Click here for directions.
- CycleBar – Get a killer cardio workout at CycleBar, a spin studio that specializes in rhythm-based rides with upbeat music and energetic instructors. Plus, to help you reach your goals, they send out a full report that tracks six key metrics following every class. Monday to Friday 5am to 10am and 4pm to 8pm; Saturday and Sunday 8am to noon. Click here for directions.
Barre & Dance
- Hunter Dance Center – Express yourself through jazz, ballet, tap, modern, hip hop and more with Hunter Dance Center’s adult dance classes. With class times available every day of the week, you can test out a variety of dance styles to see which works best for you and your body. Monday to Saturday 8:30am to 8pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- Define Body & Mind – Barre, spin, hammock yoga, stretching, trampoline and more are all available at this Houston-based fitness franchise that aims to help clients live their best, healthiest life. Known for quality instruction and well-rounded offerings, Define also has a line of healthy foods and juices with hands-on workshops throughout the year. Monday to Friday 5:30am to 7:30pm; Saturday 8:30am to noon; Sunday 8:30am to 6:30pm. Click here for directions.
Gyms & More
- Facet Seven Fitness Heights – Formerly Studio Fitness Heights, this popular gym has everything you need to reach your fitness goals in a way that works best for you—group exercise classes (barre, spin, yoga and more), updated equipment, childcare, personal training, and an overall relaxed, welcoming vibe ideal for newcomers and fitness junkies alike. Monday to Thursday 5am to 10pm; Friday 5am to 9pm; Saturday and Sunday 8am to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- Gracie Barra – Master the art of Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu, Muay Thai, kickboxing and more with guidance from world-class instructors at Gracie Barra Heights. Founded in 2016 by four-time world champion fighter Pedro Araújo, the academy offers instruction for the whole family. Class times vary. Click here for directions.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).