Make the most of your week with our top 9 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, January 6 to Sunday, January 12, 2020.
Happening This Week
Also in January 2020
Top 9 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- The Ice Rink at The Woodlands Town Center | Monday, January 6 through Sunday, January 12 – Glide around and enjoy The Ice Rink at The Woodlands Town Center for a few more weeks. The 21,000-square-foot permanent multipurpose facility features ice skating in a main room with lighting, a state-of-the-art sound system, tables for parties and concessions. Tickets for 2-hour skate rental Monday through Sunday are $12.50 for adults; $6 for ages 5 and under. Times vary.
- Sensory Friendly Night at Houston Zoo Lights | Monday, January 6 – Walk through a magical Winter setting of sparkling lights at the Houston Zoo. On this special sensory-friendly night guests can expect less people, quieter music, limited flashing lights, and two designated quiet areas. Tickets are $14.95 for non-members; $11.95 for members. 5:30pm to 10pm.
- Children’s Bingo at Levy Park | Wednesday, January 8 | FREE – Bring the kiddos to Levy Park at the Children’s Pavilion for Bingo. Kids ages 4 to 12 will enjoy yelling bingo while they practice their letters and numbers as they earn prizes. Levy Park will provide the Bingo cards, markers, and prizes. 4:30pm.
- Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Thursday, January 9 | FREE – Watch a family-friendly screening of the 2018 animated movie, Spider-Man: Into the Spider-Verse at Discovery Green. When Brooklyn teenager Miles Morales is bitten by a radioactive spider, he suddenly develops mysterious powers that transform him into the one and only Spider-Man—until he meets Peter Parker and others who share his special, high-flying talents. 7pm to 10pm.
- Jeni’s Houston Heights Grand Opening at Jeni’s Splendid Ice Cream | Thursday, January 9 | FREE – Satisfy your sweet tooth at the grand opening of Houston’s first Jeni’s Splendid Ice Creams. Stick to a classic scoop or dabble in something more adventurous at this new Houston area shop. And be sure to arrive early, as the first 50 attendees will receive free ice cream and a swag bag. 7pm to 11pm.
- Scout Aviation Merit Badge at Lone Star Flight Museum | Friday, January 10 – The three-hour workshop provides a hands-on learning experience, including fundamentals of flight, aircraft design, model building, preflight inspection, and piloting the flight simulators. At the end, scouts will earn the Scout Aviation Merit Badge. Tickets are $30 per scout. 9am to 5pm.
- Video Game Night at Memorial City Mall | Friday, January 10 | FREE – Enjoy your favorite games on the giant 24’x14′ HDTV screen in The Square. Bring along kiddos and their friends for a Super Smash Bros. smackdown at Memorial City Mall. Ideal for ages 5 and up. 7pm to 9pm.
- Rainbow on Ice at Discovery Green | Friday, January 10 – Discovery Green hosts its annual family-friendly LGBTQ celebration on The Ice with music by DJ Joe Ross and Houston R&B singer, JaeRene. This year’s theme is all things Houston with an electrifying drag performance from Blackberri as Lizzo and a fashion show with designs by Yahaira DeHill. Skating fees apply. $11 to skate; $4 skate rental. 7pm to 10pm.
- 8th Annual ChocoLoco 5k/10k at Sam Houston Park in Downtown | Saturday, January 11 – Round up your fellow chocoholics to run a 5K or 10K race through Sam Houston Park, followed by a decadent after-party with hot cocoa, chocolate fountains and more. Registration for the 10K costs $50; 5K registration costs $45; Kids K and Family Walk costs $15. 7:30am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).