In our Where to Shop series, we search Greater Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods and communities for the best boutiques, retail shops, clothing stores and more.
Not into thrifting? Head to one of the neighborhood’s many art, clothing, or home decor boutiques and discover your next big (or small) purchase.
Where to Shop in Montrose
With so many local boutiques in the area, it can be tough to know where to start. But have no fear—we’ve saved you time and rounded up the best Montrose has to offer. Read below to find out where to shop in Montrose.
- Leopard Lounge – Stock up on funky finds from Leopard Lounge, a Montrose mainstay offering vintage clothing ranging from the 1940s to the 1990s. New to vintage shopping and unsure where to start? Ask an employee and they’ll help you piece together the perfect outfit to up your fashion game. Monday to Saturday 10am to 9pm; Sunday 11am to 8pm. Click here for directions.
- Out of the Closet – Shop for a cause at Out of the Closet, a thrift store that sells clothing, books, housewares and more, with proceeds benefiting the AIDS Healthcare Foundation. The shop happily accepts any donations, and offers free, in-store HIV testing to boot. 10am to 7pm daily. Click here for directions.
- Pavement – Surrounded by coffee shops, tattoo parlors, restaurants and more, Pavement is a locally owned boutique offering new and used clothing. Shop modern, retro, and vintage fashion, or trade in your own clothing for cash. 10am to 9pm daily. Click here for directions.
- Emerson Rose – Fun and flirty, Emerson Rose is a must for brightly colored frocks, punny graphic tees, eye-catching baubles, and other fun finds ideal for gifting or decor. Check out their Facebook page for special events, sales, and in-store celebrations at both of their Houston locations. Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 7pm; Sunday noon to 6pm; closed Monday. Click here for directions.
- Koelsch Haus – Art meets fashion at Koelsch Haus, a cozy bungalow that showcases quality clothing and fine artwork by artists from both near and far. Open since 1994, the gallery’s owner Franny Koelsch Jeffries recently launched her own line of custom women’s T-shirts, called Ears of Buddha, available in store. Click here for directions.
- Tiffalie Fashion Boutique – Tap into your creative side with unique (yet affordable) pieces like flowing, patterned pants, fringed midi skirts, and blush textured pullovers from Tiffalie Fashion Boutique. While women’s clothing is the main draw, they offer a small selection for men as well. Tuesday to Friday 11am to 6:30pm; Saturday 11am to 5pm; closed Sunday and Monday. Click here for directions.
Home Decor & Boutiques
- Space Montrose – The husband-wife duo behind Space Montrose set up shop in 2010 with a plan to showcase mostly local, handcrafted goods. And that they did, with a notable selection of sassy greeting cards, tchotchkes (think punny pins, iron-on patches, and key chains), adorable children’s wear, Houston-centric gifts, and clever graphic tees. Monday to Friday 11am to 9pm; Saturday 10am to 9pm; Sunday 10am to 7pm. Click here for directions.
- Biscuit – Transform your bedroom into a gorgeous, cozy haven with help from Biscuit, a Southern-inspired brand created by interior designer and blogger Bailey McCarthy. Specializing in bespoke bedding, Biscuit also offers home decor, table linens, and fun gifts for all. Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 4pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- Reeves Design + Art – Step inside to elevate your home’s aesthetic with 20th-century fine art and rare furniture from a family-owned shop that’s served Houston since 1969. Monday to Saturday 10am to 5pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).