Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Just inside the Beltway in northwest Houston, Sam Houston Race Park features live racing, concerts, and events, making for a great place to spend the day or evening (there are also 50-cent beers every Friday from 6pm to 9pm).
Keep the fun going after some time at the tracks with these nearby watering holes, sitting around popular neighborhoods like Willowbrook and Jersey Village.
The Best Bars Near Sam Houston Race Park
- Brewskies Pub & Patio – Right outside the Beltway, this neighborhood pub and patio rocks “big ass” beers, live sports watching, pub grub, and specials like Margarita Monday, Whiskey Wednesday, Fireball Friday, and Shot Saturday (when all bomb shots are $5 a pop). Click here for directions.
- Headliner Sports Bar – Flat screens, nightly specials, cheap beers, and eats from chicken nachos to bacon swiss burgers means dropping by this sports bar is bound to make for a good night. Come to catch the game or the fight, and stay for shots. Click here for directions.
- On the Rox Sports Bar and Grill – You’ll find a friendly crowd, pool tables, good eats, patio seating, and plenty of TVs to pick from at this neighborhood sports bar, sitting on Jones Road west of the Beltway. Stop in for happy hour all day and all night Sunday to Thursday, and check its social media for upcoming specials and events. Click here for directions.
- Tiks Tavern – Hit this welcoming garage tavern on Jones Road for a laidback good time. Nightly fun can be found from Friday Night Karaoke to Thursday Night Pool Tournies, and you’ll always find free pool and darts, a dog-friendly space, and friendly crowd. Click here for directions.
- Whiskey River North – Get into boot scootin’ the cowboy spirit at this fun-loving honky tonk, which sits five miles from the Race Park near the Willowbrook Mall. Enjoy a full bar, indoor and outdoor dance floors, a mechanical bull, and fun events from Country Girl Fridays to $3 Whiskey River Saturdays. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options Near Sam Houston Race Park
Check out the pubs in the Willowbrook Mall area, including Bar Louie, BJ’s, Crazy Frogs Saloon, and Pub Zero; catch live music at Publik Reserve; and hit up local sports bars like Alamo Bar & Grill, Doc’s Sports Bar, Fat Tuesday Sports Bar, and Whatever Sports Bar & Grill.