In our Where to Shop series, we search Greater Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods and communities for the best boutiques, retail shops, clothing stores and more.
Hip eateries, patio bars, and gorgeous homes—Rice Village seems to have it all. And that’s especially true in the shopping department.
You can find just about anything you need at this walkable district within the confines of Kirby Drive, University Boulevard, Greenbriar Drive, and Tangley Street.
Where to Shop in Rice Village
- Abejas Boutique – Ready to splurge on a high-quality statement piece? Here, comfort meets style with items like sequin joggers (New Years Eve, anyone?), Golden Goose sneakers, leopard bomber capes, and gemstone-laden jewelry. And while Abejas is not technically located within Rice Village, it’s pretty darn close. Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 5:30pm; closed Sunday and Monday. Click here for directions.
- Beehive – Channel your inner ‘60s gal at Beehive, an Austin-based hub of quirky patterns and what they call (and we agree) heart-happy statement pieces. Expect unique wears like a corduroy jumpsuit, belted leather shirtdress, or silky, pajama-style trousers, plus a whole lot of good vibes. Monday to Saturday 10am to 7pm; Sunday noon to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- DAO by Chloe DAO – Designer Chloe Dao made a name for herself by winning the second season of Project Runway in 2006, and her momentum hasn’t slowed since. Shop flattering dresses, gowns, and jumpsuits fit for any occasion at her sleek boutique on Kirby Drive. Monday to Saturday 11am to 7pm; Sunday noon to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- Hemline – Trendy brands like Free People, Rails, and Cleobella line the racks of New Orleans-based Hemline, which is well worth popping into when shopping in the Village. Head here for seasonal accessories and bold looks perfect for a night on the town. Monday to Wednesday 10pm to 6pm; Thursday to Saturday 10pm to 7pm; Sunday noon to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- Piermarini – Minimalists rejoice at Piermarini, where shades of black, white, and grey line a whole wall of the intimate space. Though they mainly stick to neutral tones and geometric patterns, their clothing and accessories (available for both women and men) are anything but boring. Monday to Saturday 10am to 6pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
- Raspberry Rose – Raspberry Rose keeps things fresh with new styles arriving every day. Here you can snag witty graphic tees, elegant jewelry from unique designers, and on-trend pieces like a velvet bomber or black metallic jumpsuit—all in one brightly colored place. Monday to Friday 10am to 6pm; Saturday 10am to 5pm; closed Sunday. Click here for directions.
Home Decor & Boutiques
- Lily Rain – This fun little shop first got its start in Houston’s Rice Village and has since expanded to offer locations across Texas, plus one in Atlanta. And with everything from trendy clothes, makeup, and accessories to gifts galore and adorable party supplies, their success comes as no surprise. Monday 11am to 6pm; Tuesday to Saturday 10am to 7pm; Sunday noon to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- British Isles – Scoop up loads of English goodies from this hidden gem on Rice Boulevard, where you’ll find gourmet foods, gifts, and collectibles from across the pond. Monday to Saturday 9am to 6pm; Sunday noon to 5pm. Click here for directions.
- La Taste – Francophiles should make a point to stop by La Taste, an intimate boutique of ceramics, perfumes, kitchenware, skincare and more, all with one thing in common: it’s made in France. Brands include Pre de Provence, Le Mistral, Roger & Gallet, Fragonard, Rampal-Latour, Doux, and L’Occitane. Monday to Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday noon to 5pm. Click here for directions.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).