Fill your holiday break with these events and things to do around Houston for Christmas Eve, Tuesday, December 24 and Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25, 2019.
With Christmas arriving, much of the city closes and quiets down, but that doesn’t mean there isn’t anything to do around Houston.
Scroll down to check out a selection of events and things to do in Houston on Christmas Eve, December 24 and Christmas Day, December 25, 2019.
Christmas Events & Things to Do in Houston 2019
- Sugar Land Holiday Lights at Constellation Field | Through Sunday, January 5, 2020 – Head to the Sugar Land Skeeters’ home field for a stunning display of 2.5 million lights, with red and green lights lining the seating section, light tunnels, giant light displays and more. While you’re there, you can cross some holiday shopping off your to-do list, grab a bite to eat, and meet Santa. Sunday through Thursday, tickets are $15; $12 for children and seniors. On Friday and Saturday, tickets are $16; $14 for children and seniors. Times vary.
- The Ice at Discovery Green | Through Sunday, February 2, 2020 – Though not specifically related to Christmas, Discovery Green’s beloved outdoor skating rink, The Ice at Discovery Green, returns as a defining staple of Houston’s holiday season. Check out the calendar for themed skate nights on select dates. Tickets start at $15, plus fees. Times vary.
- Festival of Lights at Moody Gardens | Through Sunday, January 5, 2020 – Brighten up your holiday season at the Festival of Lights in Moody Gardens, which features a mile-long trail of more than one million lights and illuminated scenes with views of Galveston Bay. The family-friendly mainstay also offers an outdoor skating rink, vendors serving hot chocolate and eats, and live entertainment, plus the Ice Land attraction, where a team of skilled ice carvers have transformed two million pounds of ice into a festive journey around the world. Tickets start at $18.95. 6pm to 10pm.
- Magical Winter Lights at Sam Houston Race Park | Through Sunday, January 5, 2020 – Explore seven themed areas lit up by oversized Chinese lanterns at Sam Houston Race Park’s Magical Winter Lights. Along the trail, you’ll spot displays resembling everything from famous landmarks and a Christmas village to the Houston skyline and a dinosaur zone. Tickets cost $22 for ages 13 and up; $13 for ages 4 through 12 and 65+. Children 3 and under are free. Times vary.
Christmas Eve, December 24 & Christmas Day, December 25, 2019
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse La Centerra | Tuesday, December 24 – Quote, sing, and crack up at the Griswolds’ chaotic Christmas celebration when Alamo Drafthouse presents the National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation movie party. They’ll come equipped with special props like pine tree air fresheners, yellow glow sticks, and ugly neckties for added fun. Tickets start at $14.07. 7:30pm.
- Christmas Brunch at Cadillac Bar Houston | Wednesday, December 25 – Spice up your Christmas this year and head to Cadillac Bar for a brunch featuring traditional favorites, as well as signature items including roasted turkey breast, roasted salmon with grilled fennel and lemon, an omelet station and more. Tickets are $29.99; $25.99 for seniors; $9.99 for kids. 9am to 4pm.
- Christmas Day at Bowl and Barrel | Wednesday, December 25 – Leave the clean up for later and head to Bowl and Barrel in Memorial City for some competitive family fun. Enjoy an evening of Christmas day bowling with late-night bites and $5 local craft beers. Prices for bowling, drinks, and food vary. 3pm to 9pm.
- Christmas Dinner at Zutro Restaurant | Wednesday, December 25 – Zutro Restaurant at Le Méridien Downtown hosts a Christmas Dinner feast that includes roast duck, sweet potato casserole and more. Reservations are required. Menu prices vary. 3pm to 10pm.
- Sixth Annual Black Christmas at The Almighty Moon Tower Inn | Wednesday, December 25 | No Cover – Bow out of traditional Christmas celebrations with The Almighty Moon Tower Inn’s annual Black Christmas party. They’ll have music, DJs, and plenty of booze. 7pm.
- Christmas Day at Metropolis & Extravaganza | Wednesday, December 25 – End your Christmas evening with drink specials, dancing, complimentary champagne and more at the Metropolis & Extravaganza nightclub. No cover before 10pm. Open at 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed 5 days a week).