Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25 to Sunday, December 29, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Comedian Melissa Villaseñor at Houston Improv | Friday and Saturday – The comedian and Saturday Night Live cast member, Melissa Villaseñor, makes her way to Houston for a weekend engagement at the Houston Improv. Tickets range from $25 to $35, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. Showtimes vary.
- 13th Anniversary at 13 Celsius | Saturday and Sunday – 13 Celsius is hosting “13 at 13,” a series of 13 curated events during the month of December that brings together chefs, wine and cheesemakers, artists and musicians, and wine. Prices and times vary per event.
Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25, 2019
- Christmas Brunch at Cadillac Bar Houston – Spice up your Christmas this year and head to Cadillac Bar for a brunch featuring traditional favorites, as well as signature items including roasted turkey breast, roasted salmon with grilled fennel and lemon, an omelet station and more. Tickets are $29.99; $25.99 for seniors; $9.99 for kids. 9am to 4pm.
- Christmas Dinner at Zutro Restaurant – Zutro Restaurant at Le Méridien Downtown hosts a Christmas Dinner feast that includes roast duck, sweet potato casserole and more. Reservations are required. Menu prices vary. 3pm to 10pm.
- Board Game Night at Rudyard’s British Pub | No Cover – Bring over your board games and grab a table at Rudyard’s large upstairs play space for their Wednesday Board Game Night. 6:30pm.
- Christmas Day at Metropolis & Extravaganza – End your Christmas evening with drink specials, dancing, complimentary champagne and more at the Metropolis & Extravaganza nightclub. No cover before 10pm. Open at 9pm.
Thursday, December 26, 2019
- Steak & Wine Night at Chapman & Kirby – Dine out and save when Chapman & Kirby hosts its weekly Steak & Wine Night, where you can order a 12-ounce ribeye steak, loaded baked potato, and asparagus for just $18.95. Plus, all wine bottles clock in at half their normal price. 4pm.
- 5th Annual Concert Against Cancer at Axelrad | No Cover – The 5th Annual Concert Against Cancer at Axerad will benefit the Broach Foundation for Brain Cancer Research. Hear live music from Meg Bres, Christie Dawson, Cameron Hull, Elizabeth Cregan, Ross Smolen, and Jake Schick. 6pm to 10pm.
- Bingo Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Try your luck for a chance to win prizes in the beer garden at Under the Radar Brewery’s Bingo Night. There will be $4 happy hour pints preceding the event, from 4pm to 7pm. Bingo starts at 7pm.
- The Last Fiesta 2019 at Belvedere Uptown Park – Dance to Latin hits when Belvedere Uptown Park host its last Latin Thursday of 2019. No cover before 11pm. Event starts at 10pm.
Friday, December 27, 2019
- Ugly Sweater Party at Howl at the Moon | No Cover – Celebrate the holidays at Howl at the Moon with live music, dancing, and festive drinks. Wear your ugliest holiday sweater for a chance to win $100 cash. 7pm.
- Lyfe Jennings in Concert at House of Blues – The platinum-selling multi-instrumentalist, Lyfe Jennings, has carved out a niche in the R&B world by preaching real authenticity and first-hand experience. He performs in support of most recent release, 777, at House of Blues. Tickets range from $25 to $59.50, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Los Skarnales in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The local ska-punk legends, Los Skarnales, celebrate 25 years of making music with a concert at White Oak Music Hall. Piñata Protest, Debauche, and DJ Tropicana Joe open the show. Tickets are $15. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
- Roaring ’20s Party at Little Woodrow’s Katy | No Cover – Dress to impress in your best ’20s attire and sip on a $5 old fashioned at the Roaring ’20s Party at Little Woodrow’s in Katy. 9pm.
- Matt Mercado in Concert at Firehouse Saloon – Watch a live set from the young singer-songwriter out of Cypress, Matt Mercado, at Firehouse Saloon. Tickets range from $10 to $35. 9pm.
- Audien at Stereo Live – The prog-house DJ, Audien, dropped his debut studio album, Escapism, in early November and now embarks on a national tour. Catch him in-person at Stereo Live. Tickets range from $15 to $25, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 10pm.
Saturday, December 28, 2019
- Moscow Ballet’s Great Russian Nutcracker at Smart Financial Centre – The Moscow Ballet returns to Smart Financial Centre for the Great Russian Nutcracker, featuring world-class artists, hand-painted sets, and jubilant nesting dolls. Tickets start at $34. 3pm.
- Coffee Cocktail Workshop at The Annex HTX – Learn how to make delicious coffee-based cocktails like an espresso martini and a coffee negroni at The Annex HTX. Tickets are $25 per person. 4pm to 5pm.
- Toadies in Concert at House of Blues – The rock band, Toadies, hit the road for their Rubberneck 25th Anniversary tour. Watch them live at House of Blues with openers Vandoliers. Tickets start at $27.50. 7pm.
- Max Stalling in Concert at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck – The Texan country singer-songwriter, Max Stalling, performs live at McGonigel’s Mucky Duck. Tickets start at $28. There will be a show at 7pm and 9:30pm.
- Ghostland Observatory in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The electronic rock music duo from Austin, TX, Ghostland Observatory performs live at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $35 in advance; $40 the day of the show. 8pm.
- Roger Creager’s Piano Bar Show at Goode Company Armadillo Palace – Catch a set from country singer Roger Creager at Goode Company Armadillo Palace. This show is 21 and up. Tickets start at $20. 8pm.
Sunday, December 29, 2019
- Rockmare After Christmas at White Oak Music Hall – Rock out at the Rockmare After Christmas concert featuring multiple bands at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $12 in advance; $15 at the door. 4pm to 11pm.
- Sol Flair Live: End of Year Block Party at Capitol Bar | No Cover – Capitol Bar in Mditown throws a huge Sunday Funday block party for the final Sunday of 2019, featuring cover band Sol Flair playing Top 40, hip hop, and rock hits. The band performs from 5pm to 8pm, followed by DJ tunes from 8pm to 2am.
- Charley Crockett in Concert at The Heights Theater – Catch a live performance from Texan blues singer Charley Crockett along with special guest Vincent Neil Emerson at The Heights Theater. Tickets are $22. 7pm.
- The Living Room Social at Foundation Room at House of Blues – Houston-area emerging artists are invited to network, collaborate, and share their latest music at The Living Room Social in the Foundation Room at House of Blues. 7pm to 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).