Make the most of your week with our top 11 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, December 16 to Sunday, December 22, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2019
Top 11 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Christmas Shows and Performances around Houston | Monday, December 16 through Sunday, December 22 – From holiday music showcases to Christmas-laden dramas and comedies, there are plenty of performances and theatrical productions to choose from this holiday season. With plenty of kid-friendly and age appropriate shows, you can show them the true meaning of Christmas all month long. Showtimes vary.
- Cheap Skate Nights at The Ice at Discovery Green | Monday, December 16 – Lace up your skates and have a great time on The Ice at Discovery Green for a discounted price the entire family can enjoy. At 7,716 square feet, the Ice at Discovery Green clocks in as the largest outdoor skating rink in the Southwest. $15 for two people; $8 per person, including skate rentals. 5pm to 9pm.
- Galaxy Lights at Space Center Houston | Monday, December 16 through Sunday, December 22 – Embark on a festive adventure and start a new Space City tradition this holiday season during Galaxy Lights. Experience a high-tech kinetic light show, snap a stellar selfie in the Earth photo station, and catch “Holidays in Space,” an original film that includes footage of astronauts celebrating the holidays. General admission is $19.95; free for ages 3 and younger. 6pm to 10pm.
- 100% Chance of Snow at Children’s Museum of Houston | Tuesday, December 17 through Sunday, December 22 – Unwrap the holiday magic and bring the whole family to experience 100% Chance of Snow at Children’s Museum of Houston. Enjoy a winter wonderland with a walk through colorful lights, appearances by your beloved winter characters, play with real snow in the outdoor courtyard, and take in other special programming. Times vary.
- Hometown Holidays and Trail of Lights at Silver Sycamore | Tuesday, December 17 through Saturday, December 21 – The beautiful, old west grounds of Silver Sycamore welcome its first-ever Hometown Holidays & Trail of Lights celebration in Pasadena. The week-long lights festival will feature more than 100,000 lights, an 18-foot-tall Christmas tree, Santa Claus, live music, shopping, holiday food and more. All proceeds go to Time to Level the Playing Field, which provides school children with musical instruments and music lessons. Tickets are $10 in advance; $8 for ages 12 and under. Limited skip-the-line SWIFT tickets allow early entry at 5:45pm and are $27.59. Times vary.
- Blizzard Bash at Cross Creek Ranch | Friday, December 20 | FREE – Bring out the whole family for Blizzard Bash, a fun snow day featuring 55,000 lbs of snow at Cross Creek Ranch. Other festivities will include a petting zoo, bounce houses, food trucks, a DJ, and a special live performance by District Dance Company. Mr. and Mrs. Claus also pay a visit for arts and crafts as well as photos with the kiddos. 5pm to 8pm.
- Cirque Joyeux Dinner and Show at Moody Gardens | Friday, December 20 to Sunday, December 22 – Let the family-friendly Cirque Joyeux entertain and delight you with all new cirque stars at Moody Gardens Hotel Spa & Convention Center during the Holiday season. This original holiday spectacular is fun for the entire family and features a stellar cast of international cirque and variety performers from all corners of the world. Your ticket also includes admission to the Moody Gardens Festival of Lights. Tickets start at $53. 6pm.
- Where the Wild Things Art: Children’s Book Art Show + Book Fair at Insomnia Gallery | Friday, December 20 | FREE – Feel the nostalgia at Insomnia Gallery’s first-ever children’s book art show, which features the work of more than 30 local artists paying homage to childhood book fairs. Expect everything from Dr. Seuss and Shel Silverstein to Clifford the Big Red Dog and more. Book donations welcome. 7pm to 11pm.
- Breakfast with Santa at The Woodlands Resort | Saturday, December 21 – Bring out the little ones to spend time with jolly old Saint Nick at the Breakfast with Santa event at The Woodlands Resort. Families and children are encouraged to bring an appetite and their very own wish list to give to Santa while enjoying a breakfast with a pastry selection, an omelet station, and much more. Tickets are $38.95; $19.95 for ages 6 to 12; free for ages 5 and under. 9am to 1pm.
- Star Wars: The Infinite Force at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, December 21 – Bring your favorite kiddos to meet beloved Star Wars characters at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Snap a self with Rey and Kylo Ren, meet the Mandalorian, and participate in a lightsaber workshop. Entry is included with general admission to the museum. Receive $2 off admission in a Yoda or Baby Yoda costume. 10am to 5pm.
- Frank Hart’s Fantastical Amazing Christmas Concert at Central Green Park | Saturday, December 21 | FREE – For the seventh year, Frank and his Fantastical Band put on a high-energy holiday show that offers fun covers of Christmas favorites at Central Green Park in LaCenterra shopping district. Finish up some shopping or grab a bite to eat before the exciting show starts. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).