Keep the kiddos entertained with holiday events at Children’s Museum of Houston through Tuesday, December 31, 2019.
With winter break upon us, kiddos may find themselves in need of some activities this holiday season, and Children’s Museum of Houston is delivering festive fun all month including real snow days, musical performances, a New Year’s celebration, and appearances by Santa, the Grinch, and beloved Star Wars characters.
Scroll down to see the schedule of events this month, all of which are included with general admission. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
Schedule of Events
Children’s Museum of Houston has you covered with a slate of holiday events across the winter break, leading up to New Year’s Day.
Please note that CMH will be closed on Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25, 2019 and New Year’s Day, Wednesday, January 1, 2020.
- Real Snow Days | Saturday, December 14 & Sunday, December 15; Thursday, December 19 through Sunday, December 29 – Experience a winter wonderland and play in real snow at the Allen Family Courtyard at Children’s Museum of Houston. Included with general admission. Click here for details.
- Grinch’s Holiday Cheer Event | Saturday, December 14 – Hear Cindy Lou tell the tale of how the Grinch stole Christmas, then meet the mean one himself. Stick around for a 1pm performance by the All-Star Dancing Dogs. Click here for details.
- Hanukkah with the JCC | Thursday, December 19 – Celebrate Hanukkah with a play performance by the Evelyn Rubenstein Jewish Community Center, create your own edible dreidels and take part in traditional games. Click here for details.
- Star Wars: The Infinite Force | Saturday, December 21 – You won’t have to go to Hoth to play in real snow, create your own lightsaber, or meet Kylo Ren, Rey, and the Mandalorian. Arrive as wise Yoda or the uber-adorable Baby Yoda and receive $2 off admission. Click here for details.
- Tabla Houston | Saturday, December 21 – Experience classical Indian music with a Tabla drumming concert at 3pm. Then, head out to the Courtyard for a play day in the snow. Click here for details.
- Leti the Yeti | Sunday, December 22 – Meet the lovable Yeti named Leti, create your own Leti ornament, and make a snow angel in the winter wonderland outside. Click here for details.
- Cookies with Santa | Tuesday, December 24 – Snap a selfie with ol’ Saint Nick, decorate cookies to prepare for Santa (or munch on them yourself), and create your own elf hat. Click here for details.
- Joy of Djembe | Saturday, December 28 – Take in a vibrant African drumming concert when Joy of Djembe ensemble delivers a rousing performance that represents culture and traditions through tribal rhythms. Click here for details.
- Rockin’ New Year’s Noon | Tuesday, December 31 – Bring your favorite kiddos to this annual celebration just for kids that features hats, noisemakers, magic, music, and a ball drop at noon. Click here for details.
Winter Break Events at Children’s Museum of Houston
- Dates: Through Tuesday, December 31, 2019
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday noon to 6pm; closed Christmas Day, Wednesday, December 25, 201
- Location: Children’s Museum Houston, 1500 Binz Street, Houston, TX 77004
- Parking: Paid garage parking is available across from CMH; street parking is available in the surrounding area.
- Admission: Tickets are $12; $11 for 65+; $10 for military; free for ages under one. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
This post was sponsored by Children’s Museum of Houston. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Advertising revenue helps support 365 Things to Do in Houston, and our contributors, allowing us to expand our coverage of activities and events around the Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.