Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
About twenty miles northeast of Downtown, this small suburb covers 10 square miles of the Houston metro area. It was first settled in the early 1800s, then became a bonafide boomtown during the big oil rush. Today, Humble is a commercial business center and quiet escape during the day, with plenty of fun watering holes to hit by night.
The Best Bars in Humble
- 1886 Humble Backyard – This modern outdoor bar brings a totally chill Texas vibe to the intersection of Beltway 8 and Old Humble Road. Hit the backyard patio—which rocks picnic tables, heat lamps, and Instagram-worthy lighting—for live music and DJ nights, drinks from cold beer to house cherry vodka sours, and good times. Click here for directions.
- Cash County Line – You’ll get a true country experience at this open-air dive that sits on 15 acres, packed with an outdoor stage for live music, a fire pit made from Frio River rocks, and a friendly herd of cattle over by the fence line. Inside, you’ll find billiards, a jukebox, and a rustic vibe. Click here for directions.
- Dukes – This neighborhood dive bar by day and rowdy bar by night rocks booze, brews, and a Texas-inspired kitchen and patio. Sip Texas suds and All-American whiskey lemonades as you watch the game, take down spicy garlic wings, fried pickles, and brisket loaded nachos, and stop in for comedy nights, drink specials, DJs and more. Click here for directions.
- Green Oaks Tavern – Set in a 1928 building that was once a jail, county library, fire department, and Humble City courtroom, this good-time bar is one of the best local spots to catch live music. Check the calendar for a roster of upcoming performances. Click here for directions.
- Stetsons Nightlife – Try your hand at country dancing at this fun-loving honky-tonk, which rocks free dance lessons, poker tourneys, live music, drink specials, and good vibes. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in Humble
Sip through beers and pick up growlers to go at The Hop Stop; join the local crowd at Boozers Bar, The Hangover Bar, Lloyd’s, On the Rox – Atascocita, and Timeout Tavern; catch a game or the fight at Mr C.’s Sports Bar and Grill, Shamrocks Pub, and Texas Saloon.