Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, December 9 to Sunday, December 15, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2019
Admire the illusions of master magician Criss Angel; cheer on the Rockets when they hit the court for a game against Detroit; laugh out loud at a live set by Pauly Shore; sip fine wine in celebration of 13 Celsius’ anniversary; bust out the lederhosen for a German Christmas festival and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- 13th Anniversary at 13 Celsius | Daily – Celebrate 13 years of 13 Celsius when the intimate wine bar hosts a series of events throughout December. This week’s festivities include a Friday the 13th Masquerade, Annual Wine Sale & Parisian Market, Sunday Supper #2 with Monica Pope and Richard Kaplan, and more. Prices and times vary.
- Illusionist Criss Angel at Smart Financial Centre | Wednesday, December 11 – Watch in awe as Criss Angel pulls off unbelievable magic tricks and illusions in “Raw—The Mindfreak Unplugged” at Smart Financial Centre. Tickets start at $59.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Andrea Bocelli in Concert at Toyota Center | Thursday, December 12 – Swoon to the soaring voice of Italian tenor Andrea Bocelli, who takes the stage of Downtown’s Toyota Center for an epic performance of classic opera, love ballads, and pieces from his recent album, Sì. Tickets start at $130, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7:30pm.
- Pauly Shore at The Secret Group | Thursday, December 12 – Burst out laughing when the star of Encino Man and Bio-Dome, Pauly Shore, performs his stand-up at The Secret Group. Tickets range from $20 to $25. 7:30pm.
- A Very Merry Pops at Jones Hall | Friday, December 13 to Sunday, December 15– Get in the Christmas spirit with a spectacular concert of all your holiday favorites played by the Houston Symphony. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- 2019 Tomball German Christmas Market & Festival | Friday, December 13 to Sunday, December 15 | FREE – Do as the Germans do and celebrate Christmas with plenty of food, beer, and wine, as well as live music on four stages, a petting zoo, and a holiday market featuring more than 200 vendors with antiques, arts and crafts, souvenirs and more. Times vary.
- Il Divo: A Holiday Song Celebration at Revention Music Center | Friday, December 13 – Enjoy a holiday concert by the acclaimed Italian quartet, Il Divo, which performs everything from classical music to popular hits in multiple languages at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $49, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- A John Waters Christmas: Filthier & Merrier at The Heights Theater | Friday, December 13 – Catch a racy holiday show by the legendary director, actor, comedian, and artist, John Waters, when he performs Filthier & Merrier at The Heights Theater. Tickets start at $40. 8pm.
- Heights Mercantile Holiday Market in The Heights | Saturday, December 14 | FREE – Shop unique gifts from trendy boutiques and pop-ups on the promenade in the area’s hottest new mixed-use development, Heights Mercantile. 10am to 5pm.
- TEDxHoustonWomen 2019: Bold + Brilliant at Unity of Houston | Saturday, December 14 – This year’s TEDxHoustonWomen 2019 will be spotlighting ideas from some of the world’s most extraordinary risk-takers and innovators who presented on the TEDWomen stage at Unity of Houston. Watch live talks from thought-provoking pioneers including entertainers, entrepreneurs, and local champions. Tickets are $150. 11am to 4pm.
- 12 Bars of Xmas Crawl in Midtown | Saturday, December 14 – Dress up in Christmas gear and spread holiday cheer at a slew of Midtown’s hottest bars, including Electric FeelGood, Dogwood, Jack & Ginger’s, Pub Fiction and more. Tickets for early birds are $15. 4pm to 10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Detroit Pistons at Toyota Center | Saturday, December 14 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Pistons at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Lights in Heights in the Woodlands Heights | Saturday, December 14 | No Cover – Stroll through the beautifully decorated streets of Woodlands Heights during one of Houston’s biggest holiday events, Lights in the Heights. Every year, the neighborhood streets are closed off, allowing pedestrians to roam freely as they admire the gorgeous homes, which host private parties that sometimes feature musical performances on the porch. After admiring the festive scenery, make your way to area bars and restaurants for tons of after-party fun. Times vary.
- Santa Hustle 5k & Half Marathon in Galveston | Sunday, December 15 – Race a 5K or half marathon through Galveston while dressed up as old St. Nick—no need to purchase a costume; you’ll get a beard, hat, and performance hoodie with registration, and can upgrade to receive candy cane socks, a red tutu, arm warmers, and face tattoos for an additional fee. You can enjoy cookies, candy canes, and holiday tunes all along the way, then stick around for an after-party. Tickets start at $44.75, plus fees. 7am to 10am.
- Cher in Concert at Toyota Center | Sunday, December 15 – Sing along to epic hits like “If I Could Turn Back Time,” “Strong Enough,” and “Fernando” when the pop music icon, Cher, performs live at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $57.95, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).