Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, December 11 to Sunday, December 15, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Downtown Lasers & Lights at Historic Downtown Galveston | Friday to Sunday | FREE – Galveston’s historic downtown district hosts Downtown Lasers & Lights, an event featuring new laser shows, a magical display of lights and other holiday-themed attractions in Saengerfest Park and beyond. 6pm to 10pm each day.
Wednesday, December 11, 2019
- Board Game Night at Rudyard’s British Pub | No Cover – Bring over your board games and grab a table at Rudyard’s large upstairs play space for their Wednesday Board Game Night. 6:30pm.
- 3-Year Anniversary Celebration at Belle Station | FREE with RSVP – Belle Station in Midtown celebrates 3 years with steak night specials, DJs and more. 7pm.
- Aurora Holiday Party 2019 + Raffle and Art Auction at Aurora Picture Show | No Cover – Aurora Picture Show hosts their holiday party filled with a raffle, a silent auction of small works by Houston artists, beverages provided by Double Trouble, light bites provided by Phoenicia Specialty Foods, vintage holiday TV clips, and music provided by DJ Peter Lucas. 7pm to 10pm.
- A Christmas Story Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Grab your Red Ryder Carbine Action 200-shot Range Model air rifle and compete in A Christmas Story trivia game at Under the Radar. There will be prizes for the winning teams and best themed-costumes. 7:30pm.
- Bingo Night at Little Woodrow’s Rice Village | No Cover – Get together with friends for a mid-week bingo game night and enjoy food, drinks, and prizes at Little Woodrow’s Rice Village. 8pm.
- The Black Lips in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The psych garage rock band, The Black Lips perform live at White Oak Music Hall with support from Vinyl Ranch. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 9pm.
Thursday, December 12, 2019
- Craft Asylum at Texas Art Asylum | FREE – Bring out anything your working on whether it be drawings, knitting, collages, or something else for Texas Art Asylum’s Craft Asylum evening. This event is BYOB and light snacks will be provided. 6pm.
- Conception Art Show: Holiday Edition at SpindleTap Brewery – Head to SpindleTap Brewery to enjoy the pop-up Conception Art Show: Holiday Edition featuring works by 35 local artists, a DJ, a complimentary appetizer hour, and a cash bar. 6pm to 9pm.
- Let’s Get Elf’d Up at Eureka Heights Brewing Co – Bid farewell to 2019 with yoga, holiday cheer, and seasonal beer as Yoga & Hops joins Eureka Heights for a themed soiree at the brewery. They’ll offer vinyasa-based classes open to all skill levels, plus a free beer token with the purchase of a yoga class. Tickets start at $20. 7pm.
- Bayou City Funk in Concert at Last Concert Cafe | No Cover – Get down to a groovy show from Bayou City Funk, who brings their blend of deep funk, soul, and jazz to the stage of Last Concert Cafe. 8pm.
Friday, December 13, 2019
- Cheap Date #6: All Art Just $20 at Insomnia Gallery – Support the local artist community this holiday season and shop for original artworks, all under $20, at Insomnia Gallery. Cover charge is $3; $5 for 2 people. 7pm to 11pm.
- Noche De Cumbia at Axelrad | No Cover – Wonky Power Records presents Noche De Cumbia, a night of cumbia music and dancing at Axelrad beer garden. 7:30pm.
- A John Waters Christmas: Filthier & Merrier at The Heights Theater – The legendary film director, actor, comedian, and artist, John Waters arrives in the Heights for a performance of his raunchy one-man holiday show. Tickets start at $40. 8pm.
- The Office Trivia Bar Crawl: Christmas Special Around Houston – Test your knowledge of the Christmas episodes of The Office at this themed bar crawl around Houston. There will be souvenirs, prizes, DJs and more. The registration venue is TBA. Tickets start at $20. 8pm.
- Ugly Sweater Party at Mo’s Irish Pub Vintage Park | No Cover – Put on your ugliest sweater to compete for most creative, ugliest, funniest, and most original at Mo’s Pub Vintage Park. 8pm to 11pm.
- The Nightmare Before Christmas Party at Pearl Bar Houston – Beware of the boogie man at Pearl Bar Houston’s Friday the 13th-themed-holiday celebration, themed around the 1993 animated film, The Nightmare Before Christmas. Expect music, dancing, drinks, and treats throughout the night. Cover charge at the door. 10pm.
- ’90s & 2000s Party at Henke & Pillot – Jam out to all your favorite hits of the ’90s and early 2000s at this throwback party at Henke & Pillot in Midtown. Tickets start at $10. 10pm.
- Silent Disco: The Ugly Sweater Edition at Revention Music Center – Bust out your ugly Christmas sweater and get ready to dance at Silent Disco: The Ugly Sweater Edition in Revention Music Center’s exclusive lounge, 40 Below. Enjoy holiday cocktails and plenty of tunes from a lineup of six DJs spinning late into the night. Tickets are $15. 10pm.
Saturday, December 14, 2019
- Heights Mercantile Holiday Market in The Heights | No Cover – Heights Mercantile hosts its annual family- and pet-friendly outdoor Holiday Market, featuring local artists and vendors along the promenade and sidewalks of Heights Mercantile. Shop for your loved ones or simply indulge yourself. 10am to 5pm.
- 12 Bars of Xmas Crawl in Midtown – Spread your holiday cheer throughout Midtown’s hottest bars at this Christmas-themed pub crawl, with stops including Electric FeelGood, Dogwood, Jack & Ginger’s, Pub Fiction and more. Tickets for early birds are $15. 4pm to 10pm.
- Horchata Art & Maker Free Holiday Market at Insomnia Gallery | No Cover – Enjoy this holiday indoor and outdoor market featuring tons of vendors, multiple food trucks, and of course, boozy horchata, in the East End neighborhood. 5pm to 10pm.
- Lights in the Heights in the Woodlands Heights | FREE – Bask in the Christmas spirit and take in the beautifully decorated homes of the Woodland Heights while enjoying holiday musical performers on front porches. 6pm to 9pm.
- National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation Movie Screening at City Acre Brewing Co. | No Cover – Enjoy a screening of the classic National Lampoon’s Christmas Vacation, along with a Christmas photo booth, a fire pit with s’mores, holiday drink specials like hot cocoa and mulled wine and a Griswold family Christmas-themed dinner menu. 7pm to 9pm.
- KiKi Maroon’s Ho Ho Ho-liday Burlesque Show at Warehouse Live – The Ho Ho Ho-liday Show is the Burlesque Varie-tease show with a Christmas twist. Expect reindeer showgirls, naughty elves, sexy show queens, and even a Nutcracker or two. Enjoy the show, have a spiked eggnog, get a picture with Santa and his sexy elves, then shop the Holiday Market to pick up some of the coolest gifts around. Tickets range from $25 to $75. 8pm.
Sunday, December 15, 2019
- Gingerbread House Decorating at SpindleTap Brewery – Have a beer, hang out with Santa, and build yourself a gingerbread house at SpindleTap Brewery. Bring a gift for a child and receive a token for a complimentary beer. A gingerbread house kit is $30. 11am to 2pm.
- A Christmas Story Art Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | No Cover – Shop from local vendors and artists while sipping on a Karbach beer at A Christmas Story Art Market. There will also be an ugly Christmas sweater contest and a gift wrapping station. Noon to 7pm.
- Cher in Concert: Here We Go Again Tour at Toyota Center – Cher’s “Here We Go Again Tour”, her first across the U.S. in more than five years, has received rave reviews from sold-out crowds at every stop since early January. Expect to hear Cher’s biggest hits plus songs from her recent album, Dancing Queen, a tribute to the music of ABBA. Tickets start at $47.95, before ticketing fees, but you may also find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale market. 7:30pm.
- Comedian Steve Hofstetter at Rudyard’s British Pub – The stand-up comic from Queens, New York, Steve Hofstetter has a number of television appearances, including The Late Late Show with Craig Ferguson and VH1’s Countdown, and will perform a low-key, highly hilarious set at the Montrose outpost Rudyard’s. Tickets are $30. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).