Get a head start on your Holiday shopping at one of the many markets and pop-ups happening around Houston in December 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2019
Looking for that unique gift? Don’t worry, we’ve got your back.
Support local businesses and vendors, all while shopping for one-of-a-kind goods and products, whether it be vintage clothing, handmade candles, locally made dog treats, or even a little something for yourself.
Houston Holiday Markets & Pop-Ups in December 2019
- Art Sale at the Glassell School of Art | Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7 | No Cover – Find unique holiday gifts at the Glassell School of Art’s popular annual student art sale. Browse original works of art, including paintings, ceramics, prints, watercolors, drawings, jewelry, photographs and more. Times vary.
- Midtown Houston Mistletoe Market at Midtown Park | Friday, December 6 and Saturday, December 7 | FREE – Get a head start on your holiday shopping at the annual Midtown Houston Mistletoe Market, a boutique-style market that features fine arts, handmade crafts, epicurean style foods, holiday movie screenings, and live entertainment. Times vary.
- Holiday in the Park with Pop Shop America at Market Square Park | Saturday, December 7 | FREE – Shop local when Pop Shop America posts up at Market Square Park in Downtown. The market will include vintage, holiday-themed crafts, photo booths, live music and more. 10am to 4pm.
- Katy Old Fashioned Christmas Festival in Katy | Saturday, December 7 | FREE – Make your way to the 10th Annual Katy Old Fashioned Christmas Festival in Historic Downtown Katy. This Christmas market will feature produce, arts and crafts, antiques, handmade goodies, carolers, food trucks, entertainment, a beer garden, 50,000 lbs of snow for the kiddos and more. 10am to 5pm.
- First Saturday Arts Market in The Heights | Saturday, December 7 | FREE – Browse fine art and eclectic goods at the free monthly First Saturday Arts Market in the heart of the Houston Heights. In addition to shopping and browsing, you’ll find live music, food truck bites, great people watching and more. 11am to 6pm.
- Craftidote Holiday Market at Antidote | Saturday, December 7 | FREE – Located in the parking lot of the Antidote coffee house in the Heights, the annual Craftidote Holiday Market will feature over 40 local vendors. Noon to 5pm.
- Winter Flea by Night at Discovery Green | Saturday, December 7, Saturday, December 14 and Saturday, December 21 | FREE – Shop for everything from art to furniture and collectibles from a variety of vendors while enjoying live music and food trucks during Discovery Green’s Flea by Night. 6pm to 10pm each evening.
- Vegan State Fair – Winter Edition at Hughes Manor | Sunday, December 8 – Play in the snow, shop a holiday market, snap photos with Santa, and indulge in winter vegan eats throughout the Vegan State Fair at Hughes Manor. Tickets start at $8. 11am to 5pm.
- Jingle All the Way Day at Saint Arnold Brewing Company | Sunday, December 8 – Burning Bones press hosts the Jingle All the Way Day market, an event showcasing work by local artists at Saint Arnold Brewing Company. 11am to 4pm.
- Holiday in the Tre at Emancipation Park | Sunday, December 8 | FREE – Enjoy a family-friendly evening of food, entertainment, vendors, a kids zone, and photos with Santa at the annual Holiday in the Tre at Emancipation Park. 4pm to 8pm.
- 2019 Tomball German Christmas Market & Festival | Friday, December 13 to Sunday, December 15 | FREE – Do as the Germans do and celebrate Christmas with plenty of food, beer, and wine, as well as live music on four stages, a petting zoo, and a holiday market featuring more than 200 vendors with antiques, arts and crafts, souvenirs and more. Times vary.
- Cheap Date #6: All Art Just $20 at Insomnia Gallery | Friday, December 13 – Support the local artist community this holiday season and shop for original artworks, all under $20, at Insomnia Gallery. Cover charge is $3; $5 for 2 people. 7pm to 11pm.
- Heights Mercantile Holiday Market | Saturday, December 14 | FREE – Heights Mercantile hosts a family and pet-friendly outdoor Holiday Market filled with plenty of local vendors and makers. 10am to 5pm.
- The Market at Sawyer Yards | Saturday, December 14 | FREE – The Market at Sawyer Yards is a curated market featuring a mix of artist mediums with a focus on folk art, where the maker is the seller, and artisan crafts, including packaged specialty foods. Featuring the highest concentration of working artists in all of Texas, The Market coincides with 2nd Saturday Open Studios, when artists from The Silos at Sawyer Yards, Winter, Spring, Summer, and Silver Street Studios, open their studios to the public. 11am to 5pm.
- Horchata Art & Maker Free Holiday Market at Insomnia Gallery | Saturday, December 14 | No Cover – Enjoy this holiday indoor and outdoor market featuring tons of vendors, multiple food trucks, and of course, boozy horchata, in the East End neighborhood. 5pm to 10pm.
- A Christmas Story Art Market at Karbach Brewing Co. | Sunday, December 15 – Shop from local vendors and artists while sipping on a Karbach beer at A Christmas Story Art Market. There will also be an ugly Christmas sweater contest and a gift wrapping station. Noon to 7pm.
- Pearland Last Chance Christmas Market at Pearland Town Center | Thursday, December 19 to Sunday, December 22 | FREE – Snag last-minute gifts from this outdoor Christmastime market, which offers tons of handcrafted gifts made by local small businesses. They’ll also have food trucks, photos with a towering Christmas tree, and festive decor. Times vary.
- Beers & Cheers Holiday Market at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. | Saturday, December 21 and Sunday, December 22 | FREE – Shop for unique holiday gifts when Shop Local sets up their Cheers & Beer Holiday Market at Saint Arnold Brewing Co. This family-friendly event will feature plenty of local vendors, root beer floats for the kiddos, music, ugly sweaters, and even a gift wrapping section. Times vary.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).