Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Located near The Woodlands in southwestern Montgomery County, Magnolia was settled in the 1840s. It has gone by several names, including “Mink’s Prairie” or “Mink,” but today it’s known simply as Magnolia. In addition to being the home of Lone Pint Brewery, the city also hosts a stable of excellent watering holes.
The Best Bars in Magnolia
- All-Sports Bar and Grille – You can keep the party going ‘til 1am Thursday to Saturday at this fresh-faced sports bar (Monday to Wednesday until 11pm and Sunday until 10pm), set in the former Lorenzo’s Mexican Grill & Cantina. Look out for beer, bucket, and margarita specials during games and fight nights, and stop in for eats on steak night or during crawfish season. Click here for directions.
- Deacon Baldy’s – Over on FM 1488, one mile east of Highway 2978, this food truck park and bar is open ‘til midnight on Friday and Saturday nights (Tuesday to Thursday until 10pm and Sunday until 8pm). Stop by and partake in the 40-tap collection of brews and its killer cocktail program, plus the lineup of house food trucks from BBQ Godfather to Dizzy Pies; and lookout for special events, from Wednesday Night Trivia to Guest Food Truck Fridays. Click here for directions.
- The Golden Retriever Pub – The sibling establishment of the westside dog-friendly patio The Yellow Retriever Pub & Grill, this English-themed pub on FM 1488 keeps drinks flowing until 2am, seven days a week. Join the crowd for weekly fun from Monday night poker and Wednesday Bingo to karaoke on Thursdays and live music and DJs Friday and Saturday. Click here for directions.
- Tailgators Pub & Grill – You can catch the game alongside Cajun eats at this fun-loving pub and grill, which rocks a choice beer list available by the tap, bottle, and can, plus fun events like karaoke and whiskey Wednesday. Click here for directions.
- Texas Tavern – This westside sports tavern draws fans and a local crowd thanks to its prime screen setup, a stage for live music and karaoke, and a chill atmosphere. Enjoy cheap booze, pub grub, darts, poker, jukebox tunes, and a yard complete with firepits. Click here for directions.