Kick-off the month of December at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, December 2 through Sunday, December 8, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in December 2019
As the season keeps winding down, the Texans try to hold on to the top division spot in the AFC South.
Elsewhere this week, hard courts around Houston host exciting basketball match-ups and a holiday 10K gets underway.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Cougars vs. Texas State Bobcats at Fertitta Center | Wednesday, December 4 – Off to a winning record early in the season, the Coogs look to notch another against neighbors from the North. Tickets range from $25 to $40, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Houston Jingle All The 5K, 10K, 1K at Addicks Park and Ride | Saturday, December 7 – Lace up your shoes and don your finest Santa hat for the third annual run event that sends festive participants, with attached jingle bells, ringing all the way around various course lengths. Registration is $44.75; $19.75 for Kids 1K. First race events start at 8am.
- Houston Rockets vs. Phoenix Suns at Toyota Center | Saturday, December 7 – Led by Devin Booker, Phoenix has been raising eyebrows around the league with their quality play. They’ll visit Toyota Center to take on the Rockets, who look to re-balance their team after a string of losses. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Houston Texans vs. Denver Broncos at NRG Stadium | Sunday, December 8 – The Texans take the field in what is sure to be a high-stakes game as Houston postures for a playoff spot. Tickets start at $61, but you might find cheaper, better, hard-to-find tickets available on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. Noon.
- Houston Cougars vs. Louisiana Tech at Fertitta Center | Sunday, December 8 – Sandwiched between match-ups against ranked opponents from Syracuse and Texas A&M, the women’s basketball squad at UH will look to best their non-conference opponent from the east. Tickets range from $8 to $15. 2pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).