Get out and experience the best of Houston, before or after your feast with our very favorite things to do in Houston on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
Whether you’re entertaining your entire brood, hosting a friends-giving, or relaxing with a solo Turkey Day, you’ll find plenty to entertain you.
And if you’re looking to skip the cooking this year, make your way to one of our favorite restaurants with our list of top restaurants creating a special menu this Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28, 2019
- The 2019 Pearland Turkey Trot at Pearland Stadium – Burn off some pre-Thanksgiving calories at The Pearland Turkey Trot. Choose from the 4-mile, 6-mile run/walk or 1-mile family run. Kids under the age of 12 can run the Tot Trot Kids K. Tickets range from $15 to $60. 6:30am.
- YMCA Turkey Dash 2019 at Monty Ballard YMCA at Cinco Ranch – If you can’t make it to the Galleria area on Thanksgiving, then perhaps the 17th Annual YMCA Turkey Dash in the Katy area might be more convenient. Featuring a 10K, 5K, and 1-mile events for children and walking, this Turkey Dash will also be handing out prizes for costumed runners. Registration ranges from $15 to $37, depending on how early you register. 6:45am.
- BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot at Post Oak Boulevard – Start Thanksgiving Day off on the right foot by running in the annual BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot. The annual favorite event supports BakerRipley, formerly Neighborhood Centers, which is the largest community development organization in Texas. Registration is $40 for a timed 5K or 10K, $35 for an untimed 5K or 10K, and $20 for the Kids Run. 7:30am.
- L3 Turkey Day 5K & Wishbone 1K at Town Center Park – Run to raise money to end pediatric cancer and start off the day on a healthy note before your Thanksgiving feast at the L3 Foundation’s 3rd Annual Turkey Day 5K and Wishbone 1K in Kingwood. Tickets are $30 for the 5k; $15 for the kids 1k. 8am.
- 70th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | FREE – Get into the holiday spirit at the 70th Annual H-E-B Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade, a stunning showcase of sensational floats, high-flying balloons, marching bands, artistic entries, and live entertainment in the streets of Downtown. 9am.
- Thanksgiving Day Skating at The ICE at Discovery Green – Take a stroll around Discovery Green in Downtown and skate off all that pumpkin pie on the ice skating rink, The ICE at Discovery Green. There is no cover for the park; $13 general admission to skate. 11am to 11pm.
- 32nd Annual Uptown Houston Holiday Lighting in Uptown Houston | FREE – After a two-year hiatus due to Post Oak construction, the 32nd Uptown Holiday Lighting event returns to the Galleria area in full form on Thanksgiving evening. Houston’s unofficially “official” kickoff to the overloaded Christmas holiday season, the family-embracing packs shallop. The event draws more than 100,000 people to the Boulevard between Westheimer and San Felipe for live entertainment, a visit from jolly Saint Nick, an impressive fireworks extravaganza. After being down for the count for a couple of years, the party also returns to Uptown with a brand spanking new light show. 4pm to 7pm.
- Thanksgiving Public Skate at The Ice at The Galleria – Lace up and head out onto the Galleria’s massive first-floor ice rink and work off some of those carbs. $19 for everyone ages 6 and up; $17 for ages 5 and under. 5pm to 11pm.
- The Best Bars in Greater Houston – Get out of the house and let your hair down at one or more of the best nightlife spots in the Houston metro. Find your neighborhood, city or community and find our top recommendations for fun and frolic near you.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).