Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Home to NRG Stadium and the late Astrodome, NRG Park sits along Kirby Drive at the South Loop West Freeway just outside of the Medical Center.
Playing host to the Houston Livestock Show & Rodeo, concerts, a diverse range of special events, and football-crazed fans ready to cheer on the Texans, the area around NRG Park is also ripe with nearby watering holes to keep the fun going:
The Best Bars Near NRG Park
- The Duck Off Sports Bar – Just off South Main you’ll find this friendly, indoor-outdoor spot, which rocks big screens for sports fans, strong drinks, and fun for everyone. Look out for specials like karaoke and steak nights, music, hookah, and college game days. Click here for directions.
- Carrington’s Sports Bar – Also off South Main, Carrington’s (also known as “Carros”) is one of Houston’s oldest sports bars and billiard halls. Stop in for good music, stiff drinks, karaoke, bar games, and an adults-only atmosphere. Click here for directions.
- Red River Ice House – Located right around the corner from NRG Stadium, hit this totally chill Texas bar and grill for cold local crafts, serious mixed cocktails, sports watching, and bar games including pool, darts and cornhole. Click here for directions.
- Little Woodrow’s – The Rice Village outpost of one of Houston’s most popular sports bars and patios sits just two miles away from NRG Stadium. The fan-favorite offers specials including Tuesday’s Big Ass Beer and Trivia Night, and Lone Star beer is $3 all day every day. You’ll also find a massive lineup of beers by the can, bottle, and draft in addition to a full bar. Click here for directions.
- The Ginger Man – Also sitting in Rice Village, beer enthusiasts can cozy up with a pint in this old school pub. On nice nights, head straight back to the tree-shaded patio and take your pick of specialty beers from around the world, including featured beers of the month. Fun times include trivia on Mondays and live music on Thursdays. Click here for directions.