Make the most of your week with our top 20 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, November 25 to Sunday, December 1, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
Ooh and ahh at colorful floats during Houston’s 70th annual Thanksgiving Day Parade; watch the Houston Ballet’s stunning, seasonal performance of The Nutcracker; cheer on the Texans in a game against the New England Patriots; shop local for holiday gifts at a winter flea market and more.
Top 20 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Current Temporary and Traveling Exhibitions on Display at Houston Museums | Daily | Some FREE – Discover art, history, science, and fun for kids at Houston’s most popular museums and exhibition venues, including The Museum of Fine Arts Houston (MFAH), Houston Museum of Natural Science (HMNS), The Menil Collection, The Health Museum, Holocaust Museum Houston, Lone Star Flight Museum, National Museum of Funeral History, The Bryan Museum, and more.
- Houston Rockets vs. Miami Heat at Toyota Center | Wednesday, November 27 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Miami Heat at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $20, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Jive Turkeys, featuring Billy Sorrells, Ali Siddiq, Dave Lawson and more at Houston Improv | Wednesday, November 27 – Crack up at the comedy of Ali Siddiq, Marcus D. Wiley, Billy Sorrells, Se7en, and Dave Lawson during the annual holiday show, Jive Turkeys, at the Houston Improv. Tickets for general admission are $25; front row seating is $35. 7:30pm and 9:45pm.
- Mike Ryan in Concert at House of Blues | Wednesday, November 27 – Catch a country concert by Mike Ryan when the singer-songwriter guitarist from San Antonio, Texas performs live at House of Blues. Tickets start at $15, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- BakerRipley Houston Turkey Trot at Post Oak Boulevard | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28 – Work up an appetite at the annual Houston Turkey Trot, which supports the largest community development organization in Texas, BakerRipley. Registration is $40 for a timed 5K or 10K; $35 for an untimed 5K or 10K; $20 for the Kids Run. 7:30am.
- 70th Annual Thanksgiving Day Parade in Downtown | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28 | FREE – Kick off your holiday in Downtown, where a stunning showcase of floats, balloons, marching bands and more will entertain audiences in the 70th Annual Houston Thanksgiving Day Parade. 9am.
- The 32nd Annual Uptown Holiday Lighting | Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28 | FREE – Following a two-year hiatus due to construction, Uptown’s iconic holiday lighting returns with more than 300 twenty-foot-tall holiday trees along Post Oak Boulevard from the West Loop to Richmond Avenue. The family-friendly event will feature live music, food and drink, holiday characters, a special appearance from Santa, and a firework display. 4pm to 7pm.
- A Musical Feast: All-Strauss Thanksgiving at Jones Hall | Friday, November 29 to Sunday, December 1 – Enjoy a mesmerizing concert by the Houston Symphony as they perform An All-Strauss Thanksgiving, featuring full-orchestra showpieces from one of the greatest symphonic poets of all time, Richard Strauss. Tickets start at $24, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Ballet presents The Nutcracker at Wortham Theater Center | Friday, November 29 to Sunday, December 1 – The Sugar Plum Fairy, Clara, and all of her magical toys return for the beloved Christmas classic, The Nutcracker, presented by the Houston Ballet at the Wortham Theater Center. Tickets start at $39. Showtimes vary.
- Flea at Silver Street: Black Friday Holiday Flea | Friday, November 29 to Sunday, December 1 – Silver Street Studios’ holiday flea market returns with one-of-a-kind collectibles, jewelry, vintage finds, artwork, mid-century modern furniture, and original designs. Visitors can also hit up the full bar and local food trucks, as well as onsite pet adoptions. Tickets are $5; ages 12 and under get in free. 10am to 5pm daily.
- 12th Annual Galveston Holiday Lighting Celebration at Hotel Galvez | Friday, November 29 | FREE – Enjoy the arrival of Santa Claus in a horse-drawn carriage, a ceremonial Christmas tree lighting, a performance by the Galveston Ballet, and live music from area choirs and bands when Hotel Galvez kicks off its yearly holiday celebrations. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- K. Michelle in Concert at House of Blues | Friday, November 29 – Jam out to a live show by the R&B singer-songwriter and television personality, K. Michelle, as she performs live at House of Blues. Tickets start at $37, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- Thing-A-Ma-Jingle: Black Friday Gift Market at Main Street and Congress | Friday, November 29 | No Cover – Knock out your holiday shopping list at Downtown’s Thingamajingle gift market-meets-block party on Main Street. Along with plenty of shopping, you can expect a hipster Santa, photo bus, karaoke, and various holiday-themed activities. 7pm to midnight.
- Kody West in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Friday, November 29 – Head to White Oak Music Hall for a live set by the country singer-songwriter, Kody West, along with openers Giovannie & the Hired Guns. Tickets are $12 in advance; $15 the day of. 8pm.
- Freddie Gibbs in Concert at Warehouse Live | Friday, November 29 – Check out a live show by Freddie Gibbs, who brings his “Album of the Year Tour” to Houston’s Warehouse Live following the late-June release of his second studio album with Madlib, Bandana. Tickets start at $26, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Koe Wetzel in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, November 30 – Check out a concert by Koe Wetzel, a country-rock band from East Texas, when they perform live at White Oak Music Hall. Arrive early to catch openers Read Southall and Chris Colston. Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 at the door. 6pm.
- Comedian Chris D’Elia at Revention Music Center | Saturday, November 30 – Laugh out loud when stand-up comedian, actor, and writer Chris D’Elia performs live at Revention Music Center on his “Follow the Leader Tour”. Tickets start at $33, but you may find better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7pm.
- 100th Annual Mayor’s Holiday Celebration & Tree Lighting at City Hall | Saturday, November 30 | FREE – Join Mayor Sylvester Turner at City Hall for Houston’s annual holiday extravaganza, which features live entertainment, fireworks, a tree lighting, and family-friendly activities. Bring along a new, unwrapped toy to donate to the Salvation Army and receive a festive Santa hat. 6pm to 8pm.
- Gryffin in Concert at House Blues | Saturday, November 30 – Head to House of Blues for a concert by the DJ, record producer, and musician, Gryffin. Tickets start at $30, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Houston Texans vs New England Patriots at NRG Stadium | Sunday, December 1 – Watch the Houston Texans play Tom Brady and the Patriots on their home turf at NRG. Tickets start at $160, but you might find cheaper, better, hard-to-find tickets available on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. 7:20pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).