Come out to play with snow days, turkeys, dance parties and more at Thanksgiving events at Children’s Museum Houston from Saturday, November 23 through Saturday, November 30, 2019.
With turkey day fast approaching, Children’s Museum Houston has you covered with a slate of holiday events to help you and your little ones get out of the house and enjoy real snow, get up-close and personal with lucky live turkeys, and snap a photo with Santa and Frozen-inspired characters.
Scroll down to see the schedule of events this coming week, all of which are included with general admission.
Schedule of Events
Starting this Saturday, Children’s Museum Houston has you covered with a slate of holiday events leading up to and after your Thanksgiving.
Please note that CMH will be closed on Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28, 2019.
- Real Snow Day with Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf | Saturday, November 23 – Bring your little snow angels for a full day of play with real snow in the Children’s Museum courtyard. Elsa, Anna, Kristoff and Olaf from Disney’s Frozen will be hanging around the Kids’ Hall for meet-and-greets until 4pm. In anticipation of Frozen 2, fans will be able to snag ice cream, photo ops, merchandise, and a chance to score tickets to the new film from the Frozen 2 truck parked outside from 11am to 4pm.
- Live Turkey Pardon | Monday, November 25 – In the spirit of the annual White House tradition, the Children’s Museum will host their second annual Turkey Pardon at 11am, followed by a chance to meet the lucky live turkey until 1pm in the courtyard.
- Turkey Jam with DJ Mr. Duke and juggler Claude | Tuesday, November 26 – From 11am to 4pm, DJ Mr. Duke leads the Turkey Jam dance party with hourly competitions like musical chairs, moonwalking and more. Juggler Claude arrives at 1pm for a juggling performance, and little ones can let their creativity flow with all-day turkey day arts and crafts.
- Thanksgiving Eve with Elves on a Shelf and Santa | Wednesday, November 27 – Before you get your turkey day underway, Children’s Museum offers an all-day chance to craft special Thanksgiving vests, banners and more as the Elves on a Shelf join the Thanksgiving-loving emcee, the Great Gobbler, for special performances at 11am, noon, and 1pm. Then stick around for a meet-and-greet with Santa Claus from 2pm to 4:30pm.
- Inflatable Snow Globe Photos | Friday, November 29 – Work off your feast on Friday with another day of real snow then whip out your camera for a photo opp inside a giant inflatable snow globe.
- Snow Day | Saturday, November 30 – If you’ve missed the chance to get down and roll around in the snow, catch another opportunity with an additional snow day on the Saturday following Thanksgiving.
Thanksgiving Events at Children’s Museum Houston
- Dates: Saturday, November 23 through Saturday, November 30, 2019
- Hours: Monday to Saturday 10am to 6pm; Sunday noon to 6pm; Closed Thanksgiving Day, Thursday, November 28
- Location: Children’s Museum Houston, 1500 Binz Street, Houston, TX 77004
- Admission: Tickets are $12; $11 for 65+; $10 for military; Free for ages under one. Click here for more information and to purchase tickets.
This article was sponsored by Children’s Museum Houston. Per our advertising and sponsorship policy, we only accept sponsored content from organizations that meet our editorial standards and truly present a valuable activity, event, resource or destination for residents and visitors across the greater Houston area. Click here to learn about promoting your event or business.