Make the most of your week with our top 14 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, November 18 to Sunday, November 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
Get in the holiday spirit with a festive concert by the Vienna Boys Choir; sip on 18 different margarita recipes at an afternoon festival; admire the streets of Downtown when they’re transformed into works of art; cheer on the Texans when they go up against the Colts for Thursday night football; shop antiques and contribute to a good cause and more.
Top 14 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Jingle Tree: Holiday How-to Workshop at Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land | Tuesday, November 19 – Spend the morning checking out new holiday trends and learn how to create them yourself at the Holiday How-to Workshop at Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land. Other activities include light bites, mimosas and bidding on trees. Tickets are $30 per person. 9:30am to 1pm.
- Champagne and Caviar Dinner at Rainbow Lodge | Wednesday, November 20 – Dine out at Rainbow Lodge as they host this elegant feast of caviar paired with Champagne Bollinger and Champagne Ayala from master sommelier Craig Collins. Price and menu to be determined. You must reserve your seats by email. Reception at 6pm, dinner at 6:30pm.
- Theta Charity Antiques Show at George R. Brown Convention Center | Thursday, November 21 to Sunday, November 24 – Shop for a cause at the 2019 Theta Charity Antiques Show, which offers a wide selection of fine furniture and décor from a range of time periods in various styles. The show also boasts a preview party, design talks, and a panel discussion moderated by Margot Shaw, featuring renowned designers Alexa Hampton, Thomas Jayne, Charlotte Moss, and Thomas O’Brien. Tickets start at $25. Admission for the preview party is $250; $50 for young collectors. $25 for the lunch buffet. Times vary.
- Paul Virzi at Houston Improv | Thursday, November 21 to Saturday, November 23 – Crackup at the musings of New York-based comedian Pail Virzi, who recently released Paul Virzi: I’ll Say This on Comedy Central, as he takes the stage for three nights at The Improv. Tickets for general admission are $20; front row seating is $30. Showtimes vary.
- Turnover in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Thursday, November 21 – Rock out to a live show by Turnover, featuring openers Men I Trust and Renata Zeiguer, at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets are $23 in advance; $27 at the door. 7pm.
- Houston Texans vs Indianapolis Colts at NRG Stadium | Thursday, November 21 – Watch the Houston Texans play the Colts on their home turf at NRG. Tickets start at $54, but you might find cheaper, better, hard-to-find tickets available on TicketNetwork’s online marketplace. 7:20pm.
- Vienna Boys Choir presents Christmas in Vienna at The Grand 1804 Opera House in Galveston | Friday, November 22 – Enjoy a festive performance by the world-famous Vienna Boys Choir when they sing a concert of medieval, contemporary, experimental, and quintessential Viennese music at The Grand in Galveston. Tickets start at $25, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- The Catastrophic Theatre presents Baby Screams Miracle at MATCH | Friday, November 22 to Sunday, November 24 – Take a seat for The Catastrophic Theatre’s dark take on family holiday programming with Baby Screams Miracle, presented at MATCH in Midtown. Tickets for all shows are pay-what-you-can, ranging from $5 to $75; suggested ticket price is $40. Friday and Saturday 8pm; Sunday 2:30pm.
- Drag Diva Brunch: Real Housewives at House of Blues | Saturday, November 23 – Don’t be tardy for the party when House of Blues presents the Real Housewives of Drag Diva Brunch, featuring plenty of drinks and fabulous takes on ladies from the epic Bravo show. Tickets are $40. 10:30am.
- Via Colori Street Painting Festival at Hermann Square | Saturday, November 23 and Sunday, November 24 – Watch as the streets of Downtown are transformed into a colorful art space by more than 200 artists at the Via Colori Street Painting Festival. The event will feature live music, family zones, chalk games, a wine lounge, speed painting, 3D art, and street painting. Tickets start at $7 in advance; $10 at the door. Times vary.
- The Color Run 5K Houston at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, November 23 – Get blasted from head to toe with brightly colored powder before running a 5K course around Minute Maid Park in the Color Run 5K. Once you finish the race, celebrate with music, dancing, photo ops, vendors, and even more colorful fun. Registration starts at $29.99. 10am to 1pm.
- Glisten Holiday Lighting at CityCentre | Saturday, November 23 | FREE – Frolic in the snow as you await the grand tree lighting ceremony when CityCentre presents its annual Glisten Holiday Lighting celebration. They’ll offer sledding, ice carving demos, snowmen, live entertainment, and free hot chocolate or apple cider. Noon to 9pm.
- Houston Margarita Festival at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, November 23 – Get the party started with 18 different flavors of margarita goodness during this annual festival in Buffalo Bayou Park. Expect live music, local eats, and scenic views of the Downtown skyline. Advance tickets start at $15 for general admission, with value and group passes available. Noon to 10pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Dallas Mavericks at Toyota Center | Sunday, November 24 – Cheer loud for the Rockets when they hit the court to play the Mavs at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 2:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).