Make the most of your week with our top 10 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, November 18 to Sunday, November 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
Top 10 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Frozen Over WonderWeek at Fort Bend Children’s Discovery Center | Monday, November 18 to Thursday, November 21 – Grab your hot cocoa, fuzzy socks, and ear muffs as the Discovery Center turns into a winter wonderland. Explore the interaction between crayon and watercolor as you paint your own winter scene in OcuSoft Art Academy, create a penguin finger puppet in Junktion, and many other Winter activities. Tickets are $12 per person. 10am to 6pm daily.
- Miracle on 34th Street: A Live Musical Play at Stages Repertory Theatre | Wednesday, November 20 to Sunday, November 24 – Get into the holiday spirit with the classic story of the last-minute replacement Santa for the Macy’s Thanksgiving Day Parade who claims to be the real Kris Kringle. Stages Repertory Theatre stages a live musical production of the Christmas classic, Miracle on 34th Street, on its Arena Theater stage in Montrose. The all-ages show runs for two hours, with a break for intermission. Tickets range from $25 to $65, but a limited number of $40 seats are discounted to $22.50 for select shows. Showtimes vary.
- Frostival at Discovery Green | Friday, November 22 | FREE – Kick off the winter season with ice carving demonstrations, ice sculpture photo ops, skating on The ICE and more at Discovery Green’s Frostival celebration. Winter lovers of all ages will enjoy this event. 6pm to 10pm.
- Sugar Land Holiday Lights at Constellation Field | Friday, November 22 to Sunday, November 24 – Experience a winter wonderland for the whole family at the Sugar Land Holiday Lights at Constellation Field. Wander through 2.5 million holiday lights and eight themed areas, while enjoying great food, holiday shopping, holiday movie nights, and more. Sunday through Thursday, tickets are $15; $12 for children and seniors. On Friday and Saturday, tickets are $16; $14 for children and seniors. Times vary.
- Art Factory Presents The Wizard of Oz at the Docks | Friday, November 22 to Sunday, November 24 – Art Factory celebrates the 80th anniversary of the beloved film with a fresh production of The Wizard of Oz at the Docks. Hear your favorite songs from the film, including “Somewhere Over the Rainbow,” “Ding! Dong! The Witch is Dead,” “We’re Off to See the Wizard,” “If I Were the King of the Forest” and more. Tickets are $25 (or five for $100), but limited discounted $12.50 tickets are available for select shows. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Via Colori Street Painting Festival in Downtown | Saturday, November 23 and Sunday, November 24 – Enjoy a colorful weekend at the 2019 Houston Via Colori, a street painting festival benefiting The Center for Hearing and Speech in Downtown. Watch over 200 national and international artists make impressive chalk art and murals on the streets of Downtown. Aside from the diverse art, the 2-day event will feature live music, activities, a family zone, food, and drinks. Tickets are $7 in advance; $10 at the door. 10am to 6pm both days.
- The Color Run 5k at Minute Maid Park | Saturday, November 23 – Get blasted from head to toe with brightly colored powder before running a 5K course around Minute Maid Park in the Color Run 5K. Once you finish the race, celebrate with music, dancing, photo ops, vendors, and even more colorful fun. Registration starts at $29.99. 10am to 1pm.
- Glisten Holiday Lighting at CityCentre | Saturday, November 23 | FREE – Frolic in the snow as you await the grand tree lighting ceremony when CityCentre presents its annual Glisten Holiday Lighting celebration. They’ll offer sledding, ice carving demos, snowmen, live entertainment, and free hot chocolate or apple cider. Noon to 9pm.
- Dumbo Movie Screening at Discovery Green | Saturday, November 23 | FREE – Bring the kids to this free screening of the revamped Disney classic, Dumbo, at Discovery Green. Follow the beloved character through the highs and lows of being the famous flying elephant. Rated PG. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- The Best Christmas Pageant Ever at MATCH | Sunday, November 24 – Main Street Theater’s Theater for Youth offers this hilarious, family-friendly play based on the novel by Barbara Robinson. The Herdman kids are universally known for being badly behaved and causing chaos wherever they go. What happens when they decide they want to take part in the annual church Christmas pageant? Find out in this funny, warm-hearted show that explores the true meaning of Christmas. Tickets start at $16. 12:30pm and 3:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).