Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, November 20 to Sunday, November 24, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Paul Virzi at Houston Improv | Thursday to Saturday – The New York-based comedian has recently released a special, Paul Virzi: I’ll Say This on Comedy Central and now embarks on a national tour that delivers a three-night engagement at the Improv. Tickets for general admission are $20; use promocode PAUL365 to score 2-for-1 tickets. Showtimes vary.
- Houston Via Colori Street Painting Festival in Downtown | Saturday and Sunday – Watch over 200 national and international artists make impressive chalk art and murals on the streets of Downtown. Aside from the diverse art, the 2-day event will feature live music, activities, a family zone, food, and drinks. 10am to 6pm both days.
Wednesday, November 20, 2019
- Champagne and Caviar Dinner at Rainbow Lodge – The beautiful Rainbow Lodge will host its annual Champagne and Caviar Dinner with Champagne Bollinger and Champagne Ayala and featuring master sommelier Craig Collins. Price and menu to be determined. 6pm.
- Board Game Night at Rudyard’s British Pub | No Cover – Bring over your board games and grab a table at Rudyard’s large upstairs play space for their Wednesday Board Game Night. 6:30pm.
- Alessia Cara in Concert at Revention Music Center – The distinctly smooth sounds of the Canadian pop singer, Alessia Cara, thrived on her sophomore release in 2018, The Pains of Growing Up, and her recent EP release, Rooting For You. Watch her perform live along with opener Ryland James at Revention Music Center. Tickets are sold out at the venue, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- Cursive in Concert at Satellite Bar – After a six-year hiatus, the indie rock group Cursive, has released two albums in two years, 2018’s Vitriola and the early-October release of Get Fixed. Watch them along with Cloud Nothings and The Appleseed Cast at Satellite Bar. Tickets are $22, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Ancient Cat Society in Concert at Under the Volcano | No Cover – The local Americana-folk trio Ancient Cat Society, performs live at Under the Volcano. 8pm to 11pm.
Thursday, November 21, 2019
- Beaujolais Nouveau 2019: BeaujoWorld by Camerata at Paulie’s | No Cover – For the third year in a row, Camerata hosts a no-holds-barred bacchanal benefiting Beaujolais Nouveau Day. A traditional French holiday, Fête du Beaujolais Nouveau celebrates the end of harvest with freshly-fermented wine made from Gamay, a red grape grown prodigiously in Beaujolais, the southernmost part of Burgundy. 4pm.
- Jingle Tree: Last Bid Cocktail Party at Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land – The Jingle Tree auction week wraps up at a relaxed cocktail event that includes tributes to our honorees, on-line tree bidding and a fabulous “bid-off” bid board at Houston Museum of Natural Science at Sugar Land. 5:30pm to 8:30pm.
- Turnover in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Catch a live set from the rock band Turnover at White Oak Music Hall, with support from Men I Trust and Renata Zeiguer. Tickets are $23 in advance; $27 at the door. 7pm.
- Latin Night: Selena Tribute at Sambuca Houston | No Cover – Enjoy the music of the “Queen of Tejano” as a high energy Selena tribute band performs live at Sambuca Houston. 7:30pm.
- Brooklyn 99 and The Good Place Trivia at Cottonwood Houston | No Cover – Take part in a trivia night about two of Michael Schur’s most beloved shows, Brooklyn 99 and The Good Place at Cottonwood Houston. Themed-costumes are encouraged. 7:30pm to 9:30pm.
- The Gobble Down: A Friendsgiving Bash at Lincoln Bar Houston | No Cover – Expect live DJs, and live music performances when the After School Special presents The Gobble Down at Lincoln Bar Houston. 8pm.
Friday, November 22, 2019
- Aloha Fridays at Kanaloa HTX | No Cover – The Downtown tiki bar Kanaloa hosts Aloha Fridays, a happy hour from 4pm to 7pm and an additional 15% off drinks if you come wearing your favorite Hawaiian shirt. 4pm.
- Opening Reception: Hair at Flatland Gallery | FREE – Make your way over to Flatland Gallery for the opening reception of Hair, an exhibition featuring the works of Ernesto Marenco. The exhibit will feature new works, containing a hybrid of individual objects and installation that explores the relationship between organic material and surreal mutant artifacts. 6pm to 9pm.
- Fall Floral Workshop at Decant Urban Winery – Enjoy a glass of wine and create a beautiful Fall floral pumpkin arrangement to take home at Decant Urban Winery. Tickets are $75 per person. 6:30pm to 8pm.
- Vienna Boys Choir presents Christmas in Vienna at The Grand 1894 Opera House in Galveston – Enjoy a festive performance by the world-famous Vienna Boys Choir when they sing a concert of medieval, contemporary, experimental, and quintessential Viennese music at The Grand. Tickets start at $25. 8pm.
- Mixed Media at MFAH – Dance the night away to Colombian music and tropical beats when MFAH opens its doors for a nighttime party with exclusive, after-hours access to its latest exhibition. They’ll also offer an art-making activity, Latin eats, and photo ops. Tickets are $25. 8pm.
- Zhavia in Concert at The Bronze Peacock Room at House of Blues – After rising to fame in Fox’s The Four: Battle for Stardom, singer-songwriter Zhavia, has now lent her voice to “A Whole New World” on the Aladdin soundtrack, and taken to touring her freshmen debut from earlier in the summer, 17. Watch her perform live at House of Blues. Tickets are $20, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Friday Night Belly Dancing at Boheme | No Cover – Shake up your Friday night with drinks, eats, and an impressive belly dance performance every Friday night at Boheme in Montrose. 10pm.
Saturday, November 23, 2019
- ArtCrawl 2019 at The Hardy & Nance Studios | No Cover – The 2019 Art Crawl will feature over 50 resident artists opening their doors for you to peruse their studios and purchase art. Shop from painters, illustrators, photographers, potters, jewelry designers, sculptors and more at Hardy & Nance Studios. 10am to 10pm.
- Drag Diva Brunch: Real Housewives at House of Blues – The Drag Diva Brunch drag queens present a tribute to your favorite Real Housewives at House of Blues. Relive the most iconic moments from the Real Housewives Franchise while enjoying a mimosa and fierce drag divas. Tickets are $40 and include seating, a meal, and a mimosa. 10:30am.
- 8th Annual Houston Margarita Festival at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park – The Houston Margarita Festival returns to H-Town for its eighth edition, taking over The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park. Festival-goers can enjoy 19 margarita flavors along with live bands, salsa dancing, local eats, and stunning views of the Downtown skyline at the Houston Margarita Festival. Tickets start at $15 for advanced general admission, with value and group passes available. Noon to 10pm.
- HTX Boss Babes Holiday Festival at Social Beer Garden HTX – Head to Social Beer Garden in Midtown and celebrate local women-owned businesses and entrepreneurs. The HTX Boss Babes Holiday Festival will feature vendors, food, female DJs, and interactive photobooths. Noon to 6pm.
- Adult Craft Night: DIY Neon Signs at The Montrose Studios – In this workshop, you will learn to create a customized neon sign with step by step instructions that you will be able to take home at The Montrose Studios. Tickets are $40 per person. 6pm to 8pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant Theatre Company’s immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high-energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, November 24, 2019
- Friendsgiving Market at Karbach Brewing Co. – Give thanks and shop from local artists and makers, vintage curators and more at the Friendsgiving Market at Karbach Brewing Co. Noon to 8pm.
- Hayes Carll in Concert at The Heights Theater – A roots-oriented songwriter, Hayes Carll is known for his plainspoken poetry and sarcastic humor which will be on display at Heights Theater. Jade Jackson opens the show. Tickets are $26. 7pm.
- Incubus in Concert at Revention Music Center – Celebrating the twentieth anniversary of their platinum-selling album Make Yourself, Incubus stops by Houston as part of their 39-city tour across the country, performing hits from their deep catalog. Le Butcherettes open the show. Tickets range from $119 to over $400, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Sunday Night Fever at The Flat | No Cover – Put on your dancing shoes when DJs Malcolm Bravo, En Funque, and DJ Sun play disco, house, funk, and more on vinyl for Sunday Night Fever at The Flat. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).