In our Where to Happy Hour series, we search Houston’s vast array of neighborhoods for the very best happy hour food and drink deals. Originally published in 2017, we are now refreshing, updating, and adding to this series, including new neighborhoods and destinations.
Just thirty minutes north of Downtown, The Woodlands was originally planned as a suburban development for commuters working in the big city. But with the introduction of major corporations, parks and town centers, and plenty of dining and retail shopping, it has quickly become a star in its own right—one that shines quite brightly during happy hour.
Where to Happy Hour in The Woodlands
- Broken Barrel – This inviting haunt offers globally-inspired shared plates alongside wine, beer, and a gin-focused cocktail menu. At happy hour, sip discounted beers, house wines, and select cocktails like the BB Moscow Mule. Happy hour eats include daily popcorn, Japanese fried chicken karaage, and butcher’s choice taquitos, among other tasty bites. Monday through Friday 3pm to 6:30pm. Click here for directions.
- Cru Food & Wine Bar – Hit this vino-fueled bar to relax and un-wine-d. Glasses and flights of wine are $3 off and small plates are $5 to $8. Nosh on crispy arancini, mussels in white wine, goat cheese beignets, fritto misto, and margherita pizza. On Mondays, select any bottle of wine and your pizza will be on the house (offer available all night long). Monday through Friday 3pm to 6:30pm. Click here for directions.
- Fukuda Japanese Restaurant – Spicy garlic edamame, panko-fried oysters, pan-fried gyoza, beef and asparagus maki, and sweet basil chicken wings are all on the happy hour menu (in addition to sushi specials) at this local Japanese favorite. Get all of the above and plenty more for $3.50 to $7.50 a plate. Then wash it all down with $4 Sapporos, Kirins, and Asahis, $5 hot sake carafes, and $5.75 sake cocktails. Monday through Friday 3pm to 7pm; Saturday 3pm to 11pm; Sunday 3pm to 9pm; plus reverse happy hours Monday through Thursday 8:30pm to 9:30pm and Friday 9pm to 11pm. Click here for directions.
- Fielding’s Local Kitchen + Bar – Hit the Watering Hole Bar for $4 select wines, $2 off Texas craft taps and half-off all specialty cocktails, including the Barrel Aged Makers Manhattan, Blackberry Kentucky Mule, and Texas Sized Martini. Pair it all with eats from bacon burger sliders and margherita pizza to butter chicken and truffle fries. Monday through Friday 3pm to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- Fielding’s Wood Grill – East of its sibling eatery, Fielding’s Wood Grill offers a similar happy hour deal, with $2 off Texas craft taps, half-off all specialty cocktails, and $4 select wines, plus special prices on the sliders and starters, including brisket Cuban sliders, Thai bacon bites, buffalo chicken nachos, and Angus lettuce wraps. Monday through Friday 3pm to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- The Refuge Bar & Bistro – Lined with Einstein-bulbed steel chandeliers and old-fashioned, deep mahogany furniture, this handsome tavern and bistro offers stiff classics laced with house bitters and posh liqueurs alongside a lineup of microbrews, boutique wines, Old World bottles, and high-class spirits. At happy hour, sip discounted drinks alongside a selection of $6 appetizers. Tuesday through Saturday 3pm to 6pm. Click here for directions.
- TRIS – One of The Woodlands’ choicest dining destinations offers a weekday happy hour worth checking out. Hit it to grub on $5 to $10 plates, from chicken-fried olives and chicharrón hit with Korean chili, to a cast iron burger featuring two four-ounce smashed Akaushi beef patties and an English muffin bun. Tuesday through Saturday 3pm to 6:30pm. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in The Woodlands
Hit the rooftop at Crush Wine Lounge or the terrace at Como Social Club Poolside Terrace + Bar; linger over cocktails and bites at the patio bar at Jasper’s; get beer, wine, and cocktail specials at swanky sports pub Local Pour; enjoy cocktail hour in the Stone Crab Lounge at Truluck’s; get small plates and $10 personal pizzas at Crisp; quench your thirst with $5 daiquiris at Ronny G’s; smash brews and pub grub at Baker Street Pub & Grill and Bar Louie; sip vino at GenuWine Tasting Room and Cellar Twenty Four; and get a waterfront view and a pint at The Goose’s Acre.