Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, November 13 to Sunday, November 17, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- Houston Cinema Arts Festival at Venues Around Houston | Thursday to Sunday – The Houston Cinema Arts Festival hosts its 11th annual fest and brings you a week of screenings and discussions at venues like MFAH, Rice Cinema, Asia Society Texas Center and more. Individual screenings range from free to $18; $99 for admission to all film screenings. Showtimes vary per screening.
- Deadmau5 in Concert at Revention Music Center | Thursday and Friday – Put on your party pants for an epic live set by Deadmau5 at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $45, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 7:30pm both nights.
Wednesday, November 13, 2019
- Ice Nine Kills in Concert at House of Blues – Catch a set from the metalcore band, Ice Nine Kills at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets start at $23. 7pm.
- True Crime Trivia at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Put your podcast knowledge and citizen detective skills to the test at the True Crime edition of trivia night at Under the Radar Brewery. 7:30pm.
- Karaoke every Wednesday at The Secret Group | No Cover – Sing until your heart’s content when The Secret Group hosts a Wednesday Karaoke night. 8pm.
- Date for a Night at Etro Lounge & Nightclub | No Cover – Etro hosts a weekly dance party featuring ’80s and early ’90s videos on a giant video screen. Music spun by DJ Brandon Duhon and DJ Girl Prrrts. There will be free old-school arcade games. 10am to 2am.
Thursday, November 14, 2019
- Two Door Cinema Club in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – Jam out to a live show by indie-pop group Two Door Cinema Club when they perform on the lawn at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $39.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 6pm.
- Fashion for Good: Haute Dogs & Fancy Cats at Silver Street Studios – Houston’s Fashion for Good presents Haute Dogs & Fancy Cats, a fashion show featuring local influencers accompanied by their furry companions at Silver Street Studios. Tickets range from $45 to $175. All-access badges range from $80 to $340. 6:30pm.
- Joseph Phelps Wine Dinner at La Table – Taste fine wines paired with a special, six-course tasting menu prepared by Chef Stephen Conklin at this intimate dinner, held in honor of the 2016 Joseph Phelps Insignia wine release. Tickets for the dinner are $350. 6:30pm.
- Drive-By Truckers in Concert at The Heights Theater – Spend the evening watching a performance from the country Southern rock band, Drive-By Truckers at The Heights Theater. Tickets are $28. 7pm.
- Lunar Soundscapes Performance at Moody Center for the Arts at Rice University | FREE – Inspired by the moon and the lunar landing, Associate Conductor for the Shepherd School of Music Jerry Hou leads Shepherd School musicians in a musical performance at the Moody Center for the Arts. 7:30pm.
Friday, November 15, 2019
- Donut and Beer Pairing with Hugs & Donuts at Eureka Heights Brew Co – Enjoy four uniquely crafted donuts from Hugs & Donuts, paired with four 4oz pours of Eureka Heights brews. $20 per person. 6pm to 7:30pm.
- Fashion for Good: Celebrate Texas at Silver Street Studios – Houston’s Fashion for Good presents Celebrate Texas, a fashion show featuring a dozen of Texas’ emerging and established designers showcasing their creations at Silver Street Studios. Tickets range from $45 to $175. All-access badges range from $80 to $340. 6:30pm.
- Born to Dance Starring Los Vivancos at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Miller Outdoor Theatre presents a free performance of Born to Dance Starring Los Vivancos, today’s bestselling and foremost flamenco dance artists. 7pm.
- New Orleans Hustlers Brass Band in Concert at Axelrad | No Cover – Get your Crescent City fix when the New Orleans Hustlers Brass Band performs live at Axelrad. 7pm to 10pm.
- Public Opening: Collection Close-Up: Of Heaven and Earth at The Menil Collection | FREE – A thematic exploration of the Menil’s permanent collection, Collection Close-Up: Of Heaven and Earth surveys the representation of birds in the history of art since the third millennium BCE. Celebrate the public opening with refreshments at The Menil Collection. 7pm to 8pm.
- The Houston Pancakes & Booze Art Show at Warehouse Live – Enjoy over 100 emerging artists exhibiting over 600 works, live body painting, and a full pancake bar at the annual Pancakes & Booze Art Show at Warehouse Live. Tickets start at $10. 8pm.
- Classic Numbers: Every Friday at Numbers Nightclub – Go back to the ’80s and hear hits from The Smiths, The Cure, Blondie and more every Friday night at the always eclectic, Numbers Nightclub in Montrose. Cover charge at the door. 9pm.
Saturday, November 16, 2019
- 2nd Anniversary Party at Great Heights Brewing Company | No Cover – Celebrate Great Heights Brewing Company’s 2nd Anniversary with old and new release beers, live music, pizza and more. 11am to 10pm.
- Hangar Bash at Lone Star Flight Museum – Lone Star Flight Museum hosts their 2nd annual Hangar Bash, where attendees can enjoy world-class barbecue, sample a variety of craft beers from Houston’s best breweries, and party among the museum’s vintage historic aircraft collection. General admission is $50, $40 for members. VIP tickets are $75, $65 for members, and designated driver tickets are available for $25. 2pm to 6pm.
- White Oak Fall Festival at Onion Creek Cafe | No Cover – Bring out your friends and family to the White Oak Fall Festival, a block party that features a local artist market, live music, food and drink specials and more. 3pm to 11pm.
- Winter Flea by Night at Discovery Green | No Cover – Shop for everything from art and furniture to collectibles from a variety of vendors, while enjoying live music and food trucks during Discovery Green’s Flea by Night. 6pm to 10pm.
- Bubbles & Doughnuts Tasting at Morningstar – Camerata teams up with Morningstar in the Heights for a doughnut & sparkling wine tasting. The evening pop-up will take place at Morningstar and feature a wide spectrum of bubbles paired with a mix of sweet doughnuts and savory kolaches. Tickets are $50. 6pm to 7pm.
- Joe Rogan at Toyota Center – The former Fear Factor host and stand-up comedian, Joe Rogan, is best known for his hit podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, and as a color commentator for UFC fights. Rogan takes the stage at Toyota Center for a night of inquisitive and intense comedy. Tickets range from $39.50 to $125, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Heart & Seoul K-Pop Night at Insomnia Gallery – Dance to current and classic Korean music hits and enjoy food trucks, prizes and more at Insomnia Gallery. $5 cover charge. 9am.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant Theatre Company’s immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high-energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, November 17, 2019
- The Gr8 Taco Challenge at 8th Wonder Brewery – 8th Wonder is inviting more than 20 of Houston’s favorite restaurants and bars to battle it out for taco supremacy. The day will also feature tasty tunes and assorted 8th Wonder brews on tap. Tickets are $40 and get you a taco from each competitor, 3 beer tokens, and limited edition glassware. A portion of proceeds will benefit Kids’ Meals, Inc. Noon to 3pm.
- HOU-ATX BBQ Throwdown 2019 at Saint Arnold Brewery – Austin and Houston will compete to determine which city makes the best Texas barbecue, with participating pitmasters including Austin’s Brotherton’s Black Iron Barbecue, Interstellar BBQ, and Micklethwait Craft Meats, up against Houston’s Daddy Duncan’s BBQ, Eddie O’s BBQ, and Tejas Chocolate + BBQ, and more at Saint Arnold’s Brewery. Tickets are $70. 1pm to 4pm.
- World Famous Gospel Brunch at House of Blues – Start your Sunday with a joyous morning of gospel singing and southern specialties at the World Famous Gospel Brunch at House of Blues. Local and regional talent take the stage for a show-stopping gospel performance complete with a mouth-watering spread of brunch and breakfast favorites. Tickets range from $19 to $42, but House of Blues gives thanks to you by offering savings on the last Gospel Brunch of the year. Buy 4 tickets for the price of 3 and save $42 total while supplies last. 1:30pm.
- 2019 Houston Women’s Polo Championship at Houston Polo Club – Join the Houston Polo Club for the finale of the largest women’s polo tournament in the world. Watch the top women polo players in the United States and beyond compete for the title win. Enjoy live music, a champagne divot stomp at halftime and door prizes by HPC. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 2pm.
- Noir Et Blanc Art Market at Miss Carousel | No Cover – The Noir Et Blanc Art Market at Miss Carousel will feature live painting, interactive art, vendors, a photo booth and more. 3pm to 8pm.
- Pennywise in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The California-based punk rock band, Pennywise performs live at White Oak Music Hall. The Bronx and Authority Zero open the show. Tickets start at $25. 7pm.
- Illenium in Concert at Revention Music Center – The dubstep and future bass DJ and producer, Illenium, performs live at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $40. 9pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).