Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
Sitting in the Greater Heights along the White Oak Bayou and White Oak Park, the neighborhood of Woodlands Heights is small but mighty, rocking bars, restaurants, parks and more. Check out these fun and funky watering holes and nightlife spots:
Note: For the purposes of this list, Woodland Heights is roughly defined by this map, give or take a few blocks.
The Best Bars in Woodland Heights
- Bobcat Teddy’s – This fun-loving icehouse—set in the former Jimmie’s space on White Oak—features flat screens, live music, and plenty of whiskey. Click here for directions.
- Christian’s Tailgate – Home to the giant 1-pound burger, this sports empire has cultivated a cult following. Hit the White Oak outpost to sip craft brews, smash burgers and wings, watch games, and enjoy daily specials like Taco Tuesday and Friday and Saturday night karaoke. Click here for directions.
- Little Woodrow’s – With a dog-friendly patio and super chill vibe, you won’t want to miss the White Oak outpost of one of Houston’s most popular sports bars and patios. The fan-favorite offers specials, including Thursday Night Steak and Bingo Night, alongside a massive lineup of beers by the can, bottle, and draft in addition to a full bar. Click here for directions.
- Onion Creek Cafe – With a charming patio and relaxed indoor space just west of Studewood off White Oak, this counter-service kitchen, coffee house and bar rocks midnight hours Sunday to Wednesday and 2am hours Thursday to Saturday. Sip local brews and look out for specials like Wednesday Texas Steak Night and Friday Fever (with $20 buckets). Click here for directions.
- The Raven Tower – Right next to White Oak Music Hall (a multi-venue live music complex covering 5 acres and hosting 400+ events a year), this sibling, indoor-outdoor bar offers 24 taps, dozens of bottles, and a full selection of spirits and wines, plus horseshoes, live music, food trucks, and screens for game day. Click here for directions.
- Ready Room – This dimly lit White Oak spot is serious about its cocktails. Hit the cool space—fitted with funky lights, wood-paneled walls, and a retro feel—to sip drinks inspired by Houston’s wards. Click here for directions.
- Sideout Volleybar – Part bar, part outdoor volleyball spot, this nearby post offers the opportunity to catch some rays and play some beach volleyball. The local hangout boasts three outdoor beach volleyball courts complete with lights, and hosts tournaments, leagues, open play, and private events. Courts are available to book for $40 per hour. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in Woodland Heights
Pop into low-key White Oak haunt Public House Heights; grab late-night eats at BB’s Cafe; relax with a glass of pinot or sauvignon blanc (or a flight) at Sonoma Wine Bar & Restaurant; and enjoy craft cocktails on the patio at Edison & Patton.