Honor service members at events around Houston during Veterans Day on Monday, November 11, 2019, and beyond.
Happening This Week
Nightlife in Houston This Week
Also in November 2019
Top 8 Plays & Arts Performances
Celebrate the hard work, service, and dedication of veterans and active military with parades, ceremonies, and events around Houston that honor members of the armed forces.
Veterans Day 2019 Events around Houston
Veterans Day, Monday, November 11, 2019
- Veterans Appreciation Week at the National Museum of Funeral History – In honor of Veterans Day, the National Museum of Funeral History is giving back to past and active military by offering free general admission to veterans and active military servicemen and women throughout NMFH’s Veterans Appreciation Week. Times vary.
- Veterans Day Celebration and Parade at Houston City Hall | FREE – The City of Houston pays tribute to the military with the annual Houston Salutes American Heroes Veterans Day Celebration. The traditional Veterans Day Ceremony will feature acknowledgments and a distinguished keynote speaker recognizing our local heroes. The American Heroes Parade will begin at 11:30am at Dallas and Bagby Streets, proceeding east on Dallas, north on Louisiana, west on Walker, south on Smith, ending on Lamar at Bagby. 10am.
- Veterans Day at Bowl & Barrel | No Cover – Bowl & Barrel offers a complimentary hour of bowling for past and active-duty service members on Veterans Day. 11am to midnight.
- Veterans Day at Stats Sports Bar and Grill | No Cover – Veterans with their military ID can stop by Stats Sports Bar and Grill and get six complimentary wings throughout the day. 11am to midnight.
- Veterans Day at The Rustic | No Cover – The Rustic honors the men and women who’ve served this country on Veteran’s Day by offering them a free Rustic Burger. 11am to midnight.
- Veterans Day at Whatever Sports Bar and Grill | No Cover – Whatever Sports Bar and Grill offers veterans a complimentary drink from the bar and 25% off all food for Veterans Day. 11am to midnight.
- Veteran’s Day Film Screening: They Shall Not Grow Old at Houston Museum of Natural Science – HMNS hosts 2 screenings of They Shall Not Grow Old along with a discussion featuring their curator of anthropology, Dirk Van Tuerenhout for Veterans Day. Using state-of-the-art technology and materials from the BBC and Imperial War Museum, filmmaker Peter Jackson allows the story of World War I to be told by the men who were there. Tickets are $20. Screenings at 4pm and 6:30pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
You can find more fun in our interactive event calendar and 365 Weekend Guides.
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).
Click here to sign up for free.