Make the most of your week with our top 19 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, November 4 to Sunday, November 10, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
Cheer on the Rockets as they go head-to-head with Golden State; jam out to countless hits at a live show by Post Malone; learn and shop from local farmers at a harvest hoedown; come hungry to a festival dedicated to the grilled cheese sandwich; support women’s rights at a talk with a feminist icon; browse the work of more than 40 Islamic artists and more.
Top 19 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- Post Malone in Concert at Toyota Center | Tuesday, November 5 – Sing along to “Goodbyes,” “Rockstar,” and “Sunflower” when the Grammy-nominated, multi-platinum artist, Post Malone, takes the stage for his first headlining tour at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $83.50, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- 4th Annual Big Bao Battle Food Competition at The Ballroom at Bayou Place | Wednesday, November 6 – Roll up your sleeves and stuff your face with more than 12 versions of the traditional Chinese bao during the all-you-can-eat fourth annual Big Bao Battle Chef Cook-Off Competition in the Ballroom at Bayou Place. Tickets start at $35. 6:30pm to 9:30pm.
- Houston Rockets vs. Golden State Warriors at Toyota Center | Wednesday, November 6 – Watch the Rockets go up against the Golden State Warriors for the first time this season at Toyota Center. Tickets start at $53, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 6:30pm.
- Star Wars: The Empire Strikes Back in Concert at Jones Hall | Thursday, November 7 to Sunday, November 10 – Feel the force at an epic showing of The Empire Strikes Back, the second installment of the original Star Wars trilogy, accompanied by a live performance of John Williams’ masterful score by the Houston Symphony. Tickets start at $34, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Houstonia Burger Bash at CityCentre | Thursday, November 7 – Come hungry to Houstonia Magazine’s fifth annual, burger-centric event at CityCentre, where Houston’s top chefs will battle it out for the title of Best Burger. Expect slider samples, drinks, and live entertainment. Tickets are $35; $17 for ages 12 to 20; free for ages 11 and under. 6pm to 9pm.
- An Evening with Gloria Steinem at Congregation Emanu El | Thursday, November 7 – Hear from feminist icon Gloria Steinem when she heads to Houston in support of her October book release, The Truth Will Set You Free, But First It Will Piss You Off! Tickets are sold out, but you may find hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- The French Farm’s Annual Holiday Open Warehouse Sale | Friday, November 8 and Saturday, November 9 | No Cover – Stock your kitchen for all of your holiday season get-togethers at The French Farm’s Annual Holiday Open Warehouse Sale. You’ll find discounted prices on everything from jams, mustards, and oils to cutlery and serving ware. 10am to 3pm.
- Southern Living Showcase Home Tour at Texas Grand Ranch | Friday, November 8 to Sunday, November 10 – Walk through a series of multi-generational custom home designs when Kurk Homes presents the Southern Living Showcase Home Tour 2019 at Texas Grand Ranch in Huntsville. $12. Times vary.
- Chantal Warehouse Sale | Friday, November 8 to Sunday, November 10 | No Cover – Get your holiday shopping done with up to 75% off on discontinued, overstocked, and one-of-a-kind cookware at the Chantal Warehouse Sale. The month-long sale marks Chantal’s biggest price drops on gourmet products, so bring along your friends and family to shop their warehouse of innovative cookware. Times vary.
- 66th Annual Gem, Jewelry, Mineral & Fossil Show at Humble Civic Center | Friday, November 8 to Sunday, November 10 – Browse more than 50 exhibits featuring fossils, minerals, gemstones, and unique jewelry from around the world at the sixty-sixth annual Gem, Jewelry, Mineral, & Fossil Show in Humble Civic Center. Aspiring experts can brush up on their gem and jewelry knowledge via educational exhibitions, demonstrations, and classes offered at the three-day event. Tickets are $8 at the door and good for all 3 days; ages 10 and under (accompanied by an adult) are free. Friday and Saturday 9am to 6pm; Sunday 10am to 5pm.
- 6th Annual Islamic Arts Festival at Masjid Al Salam | Saturday, November 9 and Sunday, November 10 | FREE – Admire the artwork of more than 40 artists, students, and international refugees, at the sixth annual Islamic Arts Festival, the largest and oldest festival of its kind in North America. You can also take part in interactive sessions on calligraphy, henna tattoo, Ebru, painting, Arabesque pattern coloring and more. 10:30am to 5:30pm both days.
- Blackwood Harvest Hoedown at Blackwood Educational Land Institute | Saturday, November 9 – Enter an immersive farm experience featuring a variety of local farmers, artisans, and vendors at the second annual Blackwood Harvest Hoedown. Held at Blackwood Educational Land Institute, the event includes arts and crafts, live music, a line-up of speakers, a beer garden, a kids zone, and plenty of local food. Tickets are $15; $5 for ages 5 to 15; free for ages 5 and under. 11am to 6pm.
- Travis Scott’s Astroworld Festival at NRG Park | Saturday, November 9 – Jam out to a live show experience from Houston rapper Travis Scott as he hosts the second edition of Astroworld Festival, suitably located across the street from what once was the famed amusement park, at NRG. Celebrating the rich culture of Houston, the festival will also feature a Travis Scott-curated slate of performers that have yet to be announced. Tickets start at $149. Noon.
- Houston Filipino Street Festival 2019 at Constellation Field | Saturday, November 9 – Experience the food, culture, heartwarming hospitality, and history of the Philippines when the Filipino Young Professionals of Houston presents the Houston Filipino Street Festival at Constellation Field. Tickets are $12 in advance; $15 at the door; ages 7 and under are free. Noon to 7pm.
- TSU vs. Alabama State at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, November 9 – Cheer on the Tigers at their home finale against Alabama State in a heated match at BBVA Stadium. Tickets start at $18, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 2pm.
- Kurt Vile & The Violators and Dinosaur Jr. in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Saturday, November 9 – Check out a live show by singer-songwriter Kurt Vile, who co-headlines alongside Dinosaur Jr. at White Oak Music Hall. Tickets start at $35. 7pm.
- Houston Grilled Cheese Festival at Midtown Park | Saturday, November 9 – Chow down on gourmet grilled cheese sandwiches crafted by local chefs and restaurants at the Houston Grilled Cheese Festival in Midtown Park. Tickets start at $49. 12:30pm to 7:30pm.
- Foamhenge 2019 at Karbach Brewing Co | Sunday, November 10 – Crank up the volume at Foamhenge 2019, which features a lineup of rock groups like Ace Frehley, Accept, High On Fire, Power Trip, Pat Travers Band, and Narcotic Wasteland. VIP tickets will get you an optimal view, indoor restrooms, three beers of your choice, access to special tappings, and a buffet meal by Karbach Restaurant + Patio. Tickets start at $28. 12:30pm.
- Chelsea Wolfe in Concert at White Oak Music Hall | Sunday, November 10 – Head to White Oak Music Hall when the goth-meets-folk-rock singer-songwriter, Chelsea Wolfe, performs live for the “American Darkness Tour.” Tickets are $22 in advance and $25 at the door. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).