Laugh until you drop at these must-see live comedy events in Houston for November 2019.
Also in November 2019
Happening This Week
This month, The Secret Group plays host to their annual comedy festival and major headliners make their way up to the mic around town.
Top 10 Live Comedy Events This Month: November 2019
- Jay Mohr at Houston Improv | Friday, November 1 to Sunday, November 3 – The long-time television and film actor, Jay Mohr swings through the Houston Improv for a weekend engagement. Tickets for general admission are $30; front row seating is $40. Showtimes vary.
- Dane Cook at Revention Music Center | Friday, November 1 – Several years after his last stand-up tour, Dane Cook has re-emerged on the “Tell It Like It Is Tour”, where the comedian keeps his audience laughing while being introspective on his trials and tribulations out of the limelight. Tickets start at $42. 7:30pm.
- David Sedaris at Wortham Theater Center | Friday, November 1 – This one-night engagement with humorist, author, and sardonic master of social critique, David Sedaris, dives deep into his 2018 collection of essays, Calypso. Tickets start at $40, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 8pm.
- Come and Take It Comedy Festival at The Secret Group | Thursday, November 7 to Saturday, November 9 – The annual multiple-day comedy event returns to The Secret Group, with headlining performances by Andy Kindler, Dulce Sloan, Josh Wolf, Chingo Bling and more. Tickets for weekend passes are $69.69; VIP packages are available at $109.69. Times vary.
- David Spade at Houston Improv | Saturday, November 8 and Sunday, November 9 – The former SNL funnyman and frequent collaborator with Chris Farley and Adam Sandler, to name a few, David Spade returns to the stand-up stage with a weekend visit at the Improv. Tickets are $45. Showtimes vary.
- Gary Owen at Houston Improv | Thursday, November 14 to Sunday, November 17 – On the heels of releasing a brand new comedy special on Showtime, Gary Owen: #DoinWhatIDo, the stand-up comedian hits the road on a national tour, including a weekend at the Houston Improv. Tickets for general admission are $40; front row seating is $50. Showtimes vary.
- Joe Rogan at Toyota Center | Saturday, November 16 – The former Fear Factor host and stand-up comedian is best known for his hit podcast, The Joe Rogan Experience, and as a color commentator for UFC fights. Rogan takes the stage at Toyota Center for a night of inquisitive and intense comedy. Tickets range from $39.50 to $125, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- Paul Virzi at Houston Improv | Thursday, November 21 to Saturday, November 23 – The New York-based comedian has recently released a special, Paul Virzi: I’ll Say This on Comedy Central and now embarks on a national tour that delivers a three-night engagement at the Improv. Tickets for general admission are $20; front row seating is $30. Showtimes vary.
- Jive Turkeys, featuring Billy Sorrells, Ali Siddiq, Dave Lawson and more at Houston Improv | Wednesday, November 27 – The annual holiday show gets going the day before Thanksgiving, with an evening of comedy from Ali Siddiq, Marcus D. Wiley, Billy Sorrells, Se7en, and Dave Lawson. Tickets for general admission are $25; front row seating is $35. 7:30pm and 9:45pm.
- Chris D’Elia at Revention Music Center | Saturday, November 30 – The stand-up comedian is known for his television roles on popular series like Whitney, Undateable, and the upcoming Netflix series, You. He stops by Houston on his “Follow the Leader Tour”. Tickets start at $33. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).