Snag your tickets quick for these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, October 28 through Sunday, November 3, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in November 2019
It might be the early season for the Rockets, but there will be high drama when the two teams involved in this summer’s blockbuster trade meet at Toyota Center.
Elsewhere, you’ll have a chance to get outside and pound the pavement with runs taking place in and around Houston.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Rockets vs. Oklahoma City Thunder at Toyota Center | Monday, October 28 – Someone gets revenge in this game as the Rockets and Russell Westbrook host his former team, the Oklahoma City Thunder, led by the ex-Rocket, Chris Paul. Tickets range from $20 to over $550, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- 12th Annual Haunted Hike at Memorial Park | Halloween, Thursday, October 31 | FREE – Strap on your running shoes for a spooky evening run through the forest trails of Memorial Park, followed by a pizza after-party, BYOB beverages, and Karbach brews, while supplies last. 6pm.
- Rice Owls vs. Marshall Thundering Herd at Rice Stadium | Saturday, November 2 – One of the final home games of the Rice Owls football season sees the struggling CUSA squad face Marshall in an intra-conference game. Tickets start at $19, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 2:30pm.
- Texas Katy 10 Miler at Morton Ranch Jr. High School | Sunday, November 3 – This Texas series of runs is fun for the whole family with different lengths to tailor each person’s comfort level, while also getting a chance to explore seven cities in the Houston area and beyond. The third race takes place in Katy, with Conroe to follow in December. Registration is $60 for the 10-miler, $50 for the 5-miler, $35 for the 5K, and $25 for the Kid’s 1-miler; registration increases on October 31. Events start at 7am.
- Texas Open at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, November 3 – Two teams on horseback compete through six chukkers of thrilling polo. Fans can also enjoy live music, a champagne divot stomp at halftime, and door prizes. Tickets start at $30 for adults, $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 2pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).