Houston comes alive at night, with dives, cocktail bars, and nightclubs dotting the city. In our Houston Nightlife: Best Bars, we’ll cover the best night owl watering holes in each neighborhood.
This tiny, walkable hood sits between Washington Ave and the Buffalo Bayou, running from Shepherd to Wescott, offering a mosaic of arts and local gems, shops and restaurants, nearby parks and gardens, and fun ways to experience nightlife.
The Best Bars in Rice Military
- Clutch Bar – Open til 2am all week long, this popular sports bar and party spot is known to bring the fun. Hit the patio on nicer evenings, dig into pub grub from bbq chicken flatbread to burgers and steak burritos (the kitchen is open ‘til midnight), and get ready to party well into the night. Click here for directions.
- Concrete Cowboy – The rowdy crowd will want to check out this bass-bumping dance club, which opens up for wild nights on Thursday to Sunday from 8pm to 2am. Click here for directions.
- HandleBar Houston – Sitting right on Washington, this trendy adult wonderland rocks everything from classic cocktails and tiki drinks to craft beer and wine, plus retro tunes and a funky vibe. Click here for directions.
- Fuego’s Saloon – Hit the patio at this popular saloon, which boasts 26 beers on tap, 22 flat screens, tasty pub grub, weekend DJs, and daily specials from half-priced wings to $1 jello shots. Click here for directions.
- Kung Fu Saloon – This fun-loving watering hole rocks karaoke rooms, vintage arcade games, ping pong, Skee-Ball, pickle shots and more. To quench your thirst, there’s also a full bar and lineup of tasty craft suds, and great bar food—think Cap’n Crunch fried pickles, spicy Korean pork tacos, and panko-crusted cheddar burgers—to go alongside. Click here for directions.
- Little Woodrow’s – The Shepherd outpost of this fan-favorite local sports pub rocks a seemingly endless roster of beers (plus wines and liquors), wall-to-wall flat screens, choice bar food, and a lineup of daily specials—Texas Mondays, Big Ass Beer Tuesdays, Steak Night Thursdays, #Fri-Yay and more. Click here for directions.
More Great Bar Options in Rice Military
Enjoy bayou-side martinis at Blue Bar at Brenner’s on the Bayou; check out the patios at nearby watering holes NettBar and FM Kitchen & Bar just north of Washington; and go dancing at nearby nightclub lounges and party spots Daisy Dukes, Fox Hollow, Aura, and Axis & Alibi. Look out for the opening of the hot new patio bar, Memorial Trail Ice House, in 2020.