Watch the Astros try to #TakeItBack in their World Series matchup with the Washington Nationals at Minute Maid Park and watch parties across Houston.
After taking the ALCS over the New York Yankees in six, the Astros turn their attention to the red-hot Washington Nationals, who have worked their way into their first appearance in the October Classic in more than 80 years after a deep Wild Card run in the postseason.
Whether you’re hoping to watch them in-person or just need a few hundred diehards to scream and believe with, there are plenty of events and watch parties happening around town. Read on below to see where you can find your next World Series spot.
Here are the important dates to look for in the Astros’ World Series run.
World Series 2019 Houston Astros vs. Washington Nationals
For home games, Minute Maid Park is the prime fan destination. Tickets are hard to come by, but you may find hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website.
- Game 1 | Tuesday, October 22 at Houston. 7pm.
- Game 2 | Wednesday, October 23 at Houston. 7pm.
- Game 3 | Friday, October 25 at Washington D.C. 7pm.
- Game 4 | Saturday, October 26 at Washington D.C. 7pm.
- Game 5 | Sunday, October 27 at Washington D.C. 7pm.
- Game 6 | Tuesday, October 29 at Houston. 7pm.
- Game 7 | Wednesday, October 30 at Houston. 7pm.
Post Season Astros Viewing Destinations
If you missed the chance to grab a ticket but you’re still ready to #OrangeOut and #TakeItBack, then there are plenty of spots for you to join up with Astros diehards in pursuit of their second World Series trophy.
- Postseason Watch Parties at Minute Maid Park – For all the games in Washington and throughout the postseason, you’ll be able to join with up to 40,000 fans at the place the ‘Stros call home. Minute Maid Park will be hosting fans with the game on the big screen, live music, food trucks, and plenty to do for kids (face painting, inflatables, and games highlight the festivities). Admission is free but attendees need to claim a free voucher in order to get in. Parking will be available in Astros Lots A, B, and C.
- Saint Arnold Brewery in Fifth Ward – Saint Arnold opens their garden patio up with a giant screen so you can watch the ‘Stros with beautiful views of Downtown Houston and Minute Maid Park. Arrive early to secure your spot as this is one of the most popular watch party destinations, drawing hundreds of people.
- 8th Wonder Brewery in EaDo – A prime location for pre- and post-game celebrations, 8th Wonder opens their doors for the Astros postseason, featuring specials and food trucks throughout the game.
- Lucky’s Pub in EaDo – Just a few blocks away from Minute Maid, Lucky’s is a fantastic central location to catch the game in a packed atmosphere. For each playoff game, you can catch drink specials, Pappa Charlie’s BBQ, games, a staggering amount of jumbo-screens and televisions, and even some swag booths to pick up clothing from local retailers.
- Under the Radar Brewery in Midtown – This tucked away brewery has been showing postseason Astros all month long and will continue throughout the World Series. Arrive early for a pre-game happy hour, then enjoy the game on Under the Radar’s TV.
- Revelry on Richmond – A popular baseball bar in Montrose, Revelry will have postseason action on all their televisions, along with burger and pint specials.
- Christian’s Tailgate – At all four locations (Heights, Midtown, Downtown, and Energy Corridor), Christian’s offers plenty of seating for fans, extended Happy Hour specials, and $15 domestic buckets of beer during their watch parties.
- Drink of Ages Pub on Waugh – This cozy pub near Waugh and West Dallas has a taproom wall filled with local brews and a jumbotron in the parking lot to catch the Astros throughout their World Series run.
- Little Woodrow’s – All around Houston, you can catch the different Little Woodrow’s locations opened up for Astros games in the afternoons. Come out and enjoy the playoff action with the other fans that have slipped out of work early.