Make the most of your week with our top 12 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, October 21 to Sunday, October 27, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
Top 12 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- Fall Festivals Happening Around Houston | Monday, October 21 through Sunday, October 27 – With Autumn in full swing, comes a lengthy list of seasonal festivals, including everything from Oktoberfests and culinary events to Halloween festivities and cultural celebrations. Times, prices, and locations vary.
- Kid-Friendly Halloween Events Around Houston | Monday, October 21 through Sunday, October 27 – Get in the spooky spirit of Halloween at events all month long with trick-or-treating in CityCentre, plenty of haunted houses, plus the family-friendly Zoo Boo, Scream on the Green and more. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Peppa Pig Live! Peppa’s Adventure at Smart Financial Centre | Thursday, October 24 – Join Peppa on an exciting camping trip to the woods with George and her school friends, including Pedro Pony, Suzy Sheep, and Gerald Giraffe at Smart Financial Centre. The all-new, action-packed Peppa Pig Live! Peppa’s Adventure features your favorite characters as life-size puppets and costumed characters. Tickets start at $29.50. 6pm.
- Scream on the Green at Discovery Green | Friday, October 25 | FREE – Have a spooky good time at this costume contest and Halloween celebration for the whole family at Discovery Green. There will be prizes, a movie, music, games and more. 6pm to 10pm.
- Día de los Muertos Celebrations Around Houston | Friday, October 25 to Sunday, October 27 – Spend time with loved ones and honor the deceased with visual arts performances, community altars, sugar skull face-painting, live music and more, all in celebration of Día de los Muertos. Prices, times, and locations vary.
- Cirque La Vie’s Circus Spectacular at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, October 26 | FREE – Laugh, clap, and cheer at Cirque La Vie’s Circus Spectacular, where a lineup of characters will perform aerial silks, acrobatics, contortion, and other cirque skills in Sugar Land Town Square. 7pm to 9pm.
- BooFest at Town Center Park | Saturday, October 26 | FREE – Put on your Halloween costume for Kingwood’s 2nd Annual BooFest and enjoy a pumpkin patch, candy, pumpkin carving, music and more. This year’s theme is Disney. 4pm to 10pm.
- 5th Annual Chalk Walk in Downtown Friendswood | Saturday, October 26 | FREE – Artists will be creating 3’x3′ original works of chalk art on the sidewalks in front of stores near the corner of FM 518 and FM 2351 in Friendswood. Visitors are encouraged to walk the sidewalks and view artists at work while visiting local stores. There will also be art cars, food trucks, artwork and art supplies available to buy. 8am to 2pm.
- Halloween Classic Car Show at National Museum of Funeral History | Saturday, October 26 – Get into the Halloween spirit while checking out more than 150 cars at the 12th Annual Halloween Car Show at the National Museum of Funeral History. A variety of cars will be featured, including a few hearses, making for a very lively event featuring a live DJ, silent auction, great food from local vendors, kids activities and more. This year’s theme will be “Heroes & Villains.” $10 for individuals; $15 for couples and families. Admission to the museum or haunted house is not included with tickets for the car show. 10am to 3pm.
- Halloween in the Hangar at Lone Star Flight Museum | Saturday, October 26 – Bring the kiddos out to celebrate the spookiest holiday at Lone Star Flight Museum’s Halloween in the Hangar event. Activities will include making an airplane out of candy, trick or treating in the hangar, and complimentary popcorn. Costumes are encouraged. Kids in costume under 12 get in free all day. This event is included with general admission to the museum. Tickets to the museum are $14.95 for adults; $12.95 for ages 12 to 17 and over 65; $9.95 for ages 4 to 11. 10am.
- Halloween Grosstopia: Slime Off at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, October 26 – Get ready for a day of icky, gooey, slimy concoctions at the Halloween Grosstopia: Slime Off at the Children’s Museum of Houston. Expect to get messy with a Mad Scientists Show, a Slime making workshop, and then end the day with the 3rd annual Slime Off, where 2 teams will compete in monstrous challenges and the losing team will be doused in 15 gallons of green slime. Stick around for trick-or-treating afterward. Pre-registration is required for the Slime Workshop and the Slime Off and space is limited. Tickets for general admission are $12 for adults and children; $11 for seniors; ages under 1 are free. 11am to 6pm.
- Who R U? Menil Children’s Costume Party at Menil Collection | Sunday, October 27 – The Menil Collection hosts its annual Children’s Costume Party at Menil Park, in front of the museum. Costumed kiddos can dart between a petting zoo, bounce houses, bungee jumping station, camel rides and more. Tickets start at $75. 3pm to 5pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).