Root, root, root for the home team as the Astros face off against the Yankees in the 2019 American League Championship Series (ALCS) with a trip to the World Series on the line.
Another year, another Houston postseason and the Astros are looking to #TakeItBack.
With a franchise-best regular season in the bag, the ‘Stros have a hard road ahead to make the October Classic, after knocking off the Rays in a five game ALDS, and coming up against a dangerous Yankees team in the ALCS with a trip to the World Series on the line.
Here are the important dates to look for in the Astros’ huge American League Championship Series round.
ALCS 2019 Astros vs. Yankees
For home games, Minute Maid Park is the prime fan destination. Tickets are hard to come by, but you may find hard-to-get seats on TicketNetwork’s resale website.
- Game 1 | Saturday, October 12 at Houston. 7pm.
- Game 2 | Sunday, October 13 at Houston. 7pm.
- Game 3 | Tuesday, October 15 at New York. 3pm.
- Game 4 | Thursday, October 17 at New York. 7pm.
- Game 5 | Friday, October 18 at New York. 6pm.
- Game 6 | Saturday, October 19 at Houston. 3pm.
- Game 7 | Sunday, October 20 at Houston. 6:30pm.
Post Season Astros Viewing Destinations
If you haven’t gotten a chance to grab a ticket but you’re still ready to #OrangeOut, then there are plenty of spots for you to join up with Astros diehards in pursuit of their second World Series trophy.
- Postseason Watch Parties at Minute Maid Park – For all the games in New York and throughout the postseason, you’ll be able to join with up to 40,000 fans at the place the ‘Stros call home. Minute Maid Park will be hosting fans with the game on the big screen, live music, food trucks, and plenty to do for kids (face painting, inflatables, and games highlight the festivities). Admission is free but attendees need to claim a free voucher in order to get in. Parking will be available in Astros Lots A, B, and C.
- 8th Wonder Brewery in EaDo – A prime location for pre- and post-game celebrations, 8th Wonder opens their doors for the Astros postseason, featuring specials and food trucks throughout the game.
- Lucky’s Pub in EaDo – Just a few blocks away from Minute Maid, Lucky’s is a fantastic central location to catch the game in a packed atmosphere. For each playoff game, you can catch drink specials, Pappa Charlie’s BBQ, games, a staggering amount of jumbo-screens and televisions, and even some swag booths to pick up clothing from local retailers.
- Revelry on Richmond – A popular baseball bar in Montrose, Revelry will have postseason action on all their televisions, along with burger and pint specials.
- Christian’s Tailgate – At all four locations (Heights, Midtown, Downtown, and Energy Corridor), Christian’s offers plenty of seating for fans, extended Happy Hour specials, and $15 domestic buckets of beer during their watch parties.
- Little Woodrow’s – All around Houston, you can catch the different Little Woodrow’s locations opened up for Astros games in the afternoons. Come out and enjoy the playoff action with the other fans that have slipped out of work early.