Make the most of your week with our top 15 event picks happening in Houston from Monday, October 14 to Sunday, October 20, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
Catch a Tony Award-winning musical presented by Theatre Under the Stars; roll up your sleeves for heaps of mouthwatering carbs on National Pasta Day; meet the stars of Captain America, Walking Dead, and WWE; eat and drink with friends at an Oktoberfest celebration; jam out to Logic’s live show and more.
Top 15 Things to Do This Week in Houston
- TUTS presents Spring Awakening at Hobby Center | Tuesday, October 15 to Sunday, October 20 – Experience Theatre Under the Stars’ portrayal of fleeting adolescence with the debut of their musical production, Spring Awakening, at Hobby Center. The Tony Award-winning musical is based on Frank Wedekind’s play, which follows a group of teens as they venture into adulthood. Tickets start at $40, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. Showtimes vary.
- Lysistrata at the DeLuxe Theatre | Wednesday, October 16 to Sunday, October 20 – Travel back to the era of the Peloponnesian War in Ancient Greece during Deluxe Theatre’s performance of Lysistrata. The story tells of the Grecian women’s decision to withhold sex from their men until the war comes to a peaceful end. Tickets start at $10. Showtimes vary.
- Danny Brown at Warehouse Live | Thursday, October 17 – Jam out to a live show by rapper Danny Brown when he performs at Houston’s Warehouse Live in support of his October release, U Know What I’m Sayin?, alongside opener Zeelooperz. Tickets are $25 in advance, but you may find better or cheaper tickets using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 8pm.
- National Pasta Day at Your Pie Houston in Downtown | Thursday, October 17 to Saturday, October 19 – Indulge in one of Your Pie’s four signature pasta dishes paired with Saint Arnold beer in celebration of National Pasta Day. You can choose from The Nat Bake, Cheesy Alfredo, Zia’s Meatball or the Penne Rosa, each paired with a 4-ounce pour of Saint Arnold. $20. Times vary.
- King’s Oktoberfest 2019 at King’s BierHaus – The Heights | Friday, October 18 to Sunday, October 20 – Clink pints and shout “prost!” at King’s annual Oktoberfest celebration in the Heights. They’ll have live German music, carnival games, and strongman competitions, plus plenty of German biers and brats. You can also enter to win an all-inclusive trip for two to Oktoberfest 2020 in Munich, Germany. Tickets start at $12. 11am each day.
- Fandemic Tour 2019 at NRG Center | Friday, October 18 to Sunday, October 20 – See and hear from your favorite TV and WWE stars at Fandemic Houston 2019, the newest comic con to stop in the Bayou City. Celebrity guests include Sebastian Stan of Captain America, Jon Bernthal of The Walking Dead and Punisher, The Phelps Twins from Harry Potter, and Milo Ventimiglia of This is Us. Tickets start at $40. Times vary.
- Child Advocates Superhero Run at CityCentre | Saturday, October 19 – Bust out your spandex, mask, and cape, while you run or walk a 5K at the annual Child Advocates Superhero Run, which raises funds to fight child abuse. Held at CityCentre, the race will be followed by a celebration with shopping, food, entertainment, inflatables, a costume contest, and family-friendly activities. Registration starts at $20. 8am.
- Conscious Couture at CityCentre | Saturday, October 19 – Shop luxury brands like Gucci, Chloe, Louboutin, and Louis Vuitton at discounted prices of up to 80% off during Fashion Fights Trafficking, a Conscious Couture event that showcases the latest fashions to raise money to end human trafficking. Tickets start at $25. 9am to 5pm.
- Freight Train Food Truck Festival at Tomball Railroad Depot | Saturday, October 19 | FREE – Taste a variety of food truck eats from 20 mobile kitchens participating in the fourth annual Freight Train Food Truck Festival in Tomball. With musical performances from Folk Family Revival and Mambo Jazz Kings, the fest will also feature a “pour patio” with adult beverages available for purchase. 11am to 5pm.
- East End Street Fest on Navigation Esplanade | Saturday, October 19 | FREE – Experience the rich culture of Houston’s East End with live entertainment on multiple stages, a diverse selection of food, shopping, and art, all available at East End Street Fest on Navigation Esplanade. 2pm to 9:30pm.
- Tacolandia at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou Park | Saturday, October 19 – Stuff your face with tacos at Houston Press‘ fifth annual Tacolandia event at The Water Works at Buffalo Bayou. Participating restaurants include La Fisheria, Chilosos, La Calle, Peli Peli, Caliente and more. Tickets start at $35 in advance. 4pm to 7pm.
- ROCO Unchambered: Flair at MATCH | Saturday, October 19 – Clarinetists Nathan Williams and Maiko Sasaki will play classical favorites and modern commissions at ROCO’s first edition of this year’s Unchambered series, Flair. The concert at MATCH will feature works by Igor Stravinsky, Michael Tenzer, Marcus Maroney, Bela Kovacs, Felix Mendelssohn, Theresa Martin, and Amilcare Ponchielli. Tickets are $25; $15 for students. 5pm.
- Monster Jam at NRG Stadium | Saturday, October 19 – Get revved up for a high-energy showcase of massive trucks crushing, ramming, crashing, and soaring through the air at NRG Center. Tickets start at $15, but you may find better or cheaper seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7pm.
- Logic: The Confessions of a Dangerous Mind Tour at Smart Financial Centre | Saturday, October 19 – Head to Smart Financial Centre for multi-platinum selling, Grammy-nominated artist and rapper Logic’s “The Confessions of a Dangerous Mind Tour.” Special guests J.I.D and YBN Cordae will join him on stage. Tickets start at $39.50, but limited $30 discounted tickets are available. 7:30pm.
- 2019 Beer Fest at Revival Market | Sunday, October 20 – Sample a selection of local cheese from Houston Dairymaids, then wash it down with sips from six local breweries at Revival Market’s inaugural Beer Fest. Additional eats include pork schnitzel, raclette cheeses, hot dogs, and fruit streusels for sale, plus polka music and face painting. Tickets for beer tasting wristbands are $25. 3pm to 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).