Put on your costume, pass out candy (or hoard it all for yourself), and head out for a night on the town at one of the many parties happening in Houston for Halloween 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
Whether you’re looking to make your way through a terrifying haunted house, hop from bar to bar, have a cocktail with skeletons or go to an all-out costume ball, there are plenty of parties to let loose this Halloween in Houston.
With the haunted holiday falling on a Thursday this year, there’s no reason why Halloween 2019 can’t be the most jam-packed yet.
If you’re looking for kid-friendly Halloween activities, be sure to check out our roundup of Halloween fun for families.
Halloween 2019 Parties in Houston
- Black Great Gatsby Night at Hobby Event Center | Friday, October 25 – Get in the Halloween spirit and channel the roaring ’20s at a costume and dress-up celebration with DJ tunes, cocktails, and speakeasy spirits. Costumes encouraged or cocktail attire required. $15, but limited discounted tickets are available. 8pm to 1am.
- G.U.T.S. Costume Party & Rod Zombie’s Halloween Movie Screening at AvantGarden | Friday, October 25 | No Cover– The hosts of Houston-based G.U.T.S Podcast—covering horror pop culture and featuring interviews with horror greats, local rappers, and artists from the Texas underground—throw a costume party and Halloween horror celebration at Avant Garden on Westheimer. No cover if in a costume; $5 if no costume. 10pm to 2am.
- Monster Mash 5K & 10K at Karbach Brewery | Saturday, October 26 – Dress up in your craziest costume to run the Monster Mash 5K, 10K, or Candy Corn Kids K with the crew from Karbach Brewery. Adults 21 and up can celebrate at the finish line with a Karbach beer. Tickets for 10K registration costs $45; 5K registration costs $40; kids K registration costs 20. 7am to 10am.
- Freaky Deaky at Houston Raceway | Saturday, October 26 and Sunday, October 27 – Get ready for Halloween at the two-day Hallow’s Eve Freaky Deaky electronic music festival at Houston Raceway in Baytown. The party celebration will feature more than 70 of today’s most sinister EDM selectors and DJs with booming bass lines, monstrous sounds, haunting stage production design, and crazy special effects. Ages 18 and up. Full price tickets start at $101.09 for single-day tickets; $173.75 for both days, but limited discounted tickets start at $75 for single day tickets. Times vary.
- Halloween Pub Crawl in Downtown | Saturday, October 26 – Nightcrawlers HTX has partnered up with Downtown bars to host the Halloween Pub Crawl. Dress in costume and head to this Halloween-themed crawl featuring drink specials at every bar and giveaways throughout the crawl. Tickets start at $30. 3pm to 9pm.
- Halloween Bar Crawl in Midtown | Saturday, October 26 – Put on your costume and head to Midtown for a Halloween Bar Crawl that includes plenty of drink and food specials as well as professional photographers snapping pics of the night. Bars include Dogwood, Front Porch Pub, Capitol Bar, and Jack & Ginger’s. Check-in is TBA. Tickets start at $20. 4pm to 2am.
- 13th Annual Montrose Crawl | Saturday, October 26 | No Cover – Put on your Halloween costume and crawl to the bars and restaurants between Dunlavy and Montrose on Westheimer for the 13th Annual Montrose Crawl. 6pm to 2am.
- Spirits & Skeletons Halloween Party at Houston Museum of Natural Science | Saturday, October 26 – The entire museum is open for you to shake your stuff with a Stegosaurus and become spellbound by bewitching gems while you enjoy live music, two DJs and fantastic food trucks parked right outside at the annual Spirits & Skeletons Halloween party at the Houston Museum of Natural Science. Tickets are $60 for non-members and $30 for members. 8pm.
- Halloweenie Party at Axelrad | Sunday, October 27 | No Cover – Dress up your Dachshund and bring them over to the Halloweenie Party at Axelrad. There will be a pup costume contest, a photo booth, and the Texas Dachshund Rescue (ATDR) will be there with some foster dogs and as well as a silent auction. Noon to 2:30pm.
- Vipra’s House of Temptations at The Astorian | Tuesday, October 29 | FREE with RSVP – Live this Halloween to the fullest at Vipra Wine’s House of Temptations, a one night only stylish event featuring bites, cocktails, live entertainment and more. Along with the Halloween festivities, you can revel in complimentary make-up styling and Halloween accessories curated by drag queen sensation and host for the evening, Maxi Glamour. 8pm to 11pm.
- The 5th Annual Spooky Standup at The Secret Group | Wednesday, October 30 – Witness comedians from all over Texas dressed up and performing in character for the 5th Annual Spooky Standup at The Secret Group. There will also be candy and giveaways throughout the night. Costumes encouraged. Tickets are $8 in advance; $10 at the door; $20 for VIP. 8pm to 10pm.
Halloween Day, Thursday, October 31, 2019
- Spirits & Specters at George Ranch Historical Park – Adults and children over 13 are invited to Spirits & Specters, an after-hours evening event at the George Ranch Historical Park. When the night falls, you can enjoy a walking lantern tour of the park to hear unique Texas ghost stories—including some tales from the Ranch. Tickets are $25. Tour times are 6:30pm, 6:50pm, 7:10pm, 7:30pm, and 7:50pm.
- Night of the Living Dead Movie Screening at Miller Outdoor Theatre | FREE – Watch the retro horror flick, Night of the Living Dead on Halloween at Miller Outdoor Theatre. After a man is killed by a zombie, his sister runs to a house where a group of people are holed up trying to figure out their escape from the flesh-eaters. 7:30pm.
- Salsaween Tropical Party at Sable Gate Winery – Put on your Halloween costume and learn to dance Salsa, Bachata and more with Latin Dance Factory at Sable Gate Winery. Tickets are $10. 7:30pm.
- The Exorcist Movie Screening at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra – Watch a directors cut screening of the 1973 horror classic, The Exorcist, at Alamo Drafthouse LaCenterra. Tickets are $10. 7:30pm.
- Whiskey & Witchcraft at Bosscat Kitchen & Libations – Bosscat Kitchen & Libations hosts a Whiskey & Witchcraft Halloween party in support of the Hermann Park Conservancy. Expect costume contests, music, cocktails and more. Tickets are $35. 8pm.
- Halloween at Numbers Nightclub – Numbers Nightclub in Montrose host their annual Halloween bash with a costume contest, over $1,500 in cash prizes, drink specials, dancing and more. Cover charge at the door. 8pm.
- Halloween 2019: Dead Celebrity Karaoke & Contest at The West End – A Public House | No Cover – Dress up as your favorite artist who has passed and sing their songs for Halloween at The West End – A Public House. While it’s not required to dress up as the musician you sing to, it may get you more points for the karaoke contest. Registration begins at 7pm. Karaoke begins at 10pm.
- Texas Chainsaw Massacre-Themed Halloween Party at Belle Station – Belle Station in Midtown hosts a spooky Texas Chainsaw Massacre-themed party with a costume contest, a haunted maze, and multiple DJs spinning. Early bird tickets start at $10. 10pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).