Make the most of your week with our top 15 things to do with kids in Houston from Monday, October 7 to Sunday, October 13, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
Top 15 Things to Do with Kids This Week in Houston
- 41st Annual Houston Italian Festival at The University of St.Thomas | Thursday, October 10 to Sunday, October 13 – Enjoy all things Italian during a four-day weekend celebration of Italian of food, culture, music, and dancing. Kids will love the film screenings, kids’ cooking classes, Italian language classes, interactive sidewalk art, pasta eating contests, grape stomps, and a bocce ball tournament. Admission is free all day on Thursday and on Friday until 4pm. After 4pm on Friday admission is $8 for adults and free for children 12 and under for the rest of the weekend. Times vary.
- Zoo Boo at Houston Zoo | Friday, October 11 to Sunday, October 13 – Bring your little pumpkins to the Zoo for photos in the pumpkin patch, trick-or-treating, costume parades and more for the return of Zoo Boo. Zoo Boo is a family-friendly event, and all costumes must be appropriate for ghouls of all ages. Tickets for adults are $19.95; children ages 2 to 11 are $15.95; seniors ages 65 and older are $14.95; admission is free to Zoo members. Times vary.
- Baby Shark Live! in Concert at Smart Financial Centre in Sugar Land | Friday, October 11 – Treat the kiddos to a live performance of Baby Shark Live! at Smart Financial Centre. You can sing and dance along to the characters’ signature hit, as well as several other songs both new and old. Tickets start at $39.50. Showtimes at 2pm and 6pm.
- Local Music Festival at Evenlyn’s Park | Friday, October 11 and Saturday, October 12 | FREE – Enjoy a free, kid-friendly concert filled with a variety of local bands and plenty of food trucks at Evelyn’s Park. Local Houston musicians will gather together for a two-day live concert in the park. VIP passes are available for $100. Times vary.
- Conroe Catfish Festival in Downtown Conroe | Friday, October 11 to Sunday, October 13 – Cast a line in Conroe for a weekend-long celebration of Catfish and fun at the Conroe Catfish Festival. This family-friendly event features catfish and Cajun eats alongside nonstop live music with local, regional, and national performers, food and drink vendors, arts and crafts, a carnival, a kids zone, and the annual Catfish Pageant. Tickets are $12 in advance; $15 at the gate; $20 for a three-day pass, with VIP passes available. Times vary.
- Full Moon Fridays at Discovery Green | Friday, October 11 | FREE – Sit beneath the stars for Discovery Green’s Full Moon Friday concert series featuring a new live act each month. This Friday, watch a set from the Austin, TX-born singer-songwriter, Ian Moore. 7pm.
- Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas at Northshore Park | Saturday, October 12 – Race through a 5K or 10-mile course at the thirteenth annual Memorial Hermann 10 for Texas run. Kiddos can join the One 4 Texas Kids’ Fun Run, and all runs are followed by a post-race party with food, music, and more fun. Registration starts at $70. 7am.
- The Big 5 Conference at Sugar Land Town Square | Saturday, October 12 | FREE – Bring some excitement to your Saturday with games, food, beverages, and entertainment at this one-day, evangelical event in Sugar Land Town Square. The Big 5 Conference will offer a reading zone, musical petting zoo, hula hoop contests, children-led music, and a kid-friendly marketplace run by child entrepreneurs and exhibitors from across the state. 10am to 3pm.
- Zero Latency Houston Grand Opening | Saturday, October 12 – Immerse yourself at Houston’s first free-roam, warehouse-scale, virtual reality gaming experience, Zero Latency. Explore the latest venue with friends and family with games that will thrill all of your senses. Games include “Zombie Survival” where you are caught in the middle of a zombie outbreak and others. Ages 13 and up. Tickets start at $44 per game.
- 2019 KBR Kids Day at Guadalupe Plaza Park | Saturday, October 12 | FREE – Treat the kids to a fun-filled day of hands-on activities during the twelfth annual KBR Kids Day at Guadalupe Plaza Park. In partnership with 20 non-profit organizations, the event will offer pontoon boat tours, local entertainment and performers, Dia de los Muertos face painters, balloon artists, a rock-climbing wall, and a Halloween parade. 11am to 3pm.
- Halloween Grosstopia: Creepy Crawly Creatures at Children’s Museum of Houston | Saturday, October 12 – Bring out the kiddos to discover what lurks in the dark at the Halloween Grosstopia event, Creepy Crawly Creatures. Learn about slugs, cockroaches, lizards, snakes, and more crawly creatures by participating in workshops, storytime and more. You’ll also learn all about owls and what they eat as you take a closer look at their pellets in a 30-minute workshop. This event is included with general admission to the museum. Tickets are $12 for adults and children; $11 for seniors; children under 1 get in free. 11am to 4pm. There will be trick or treating from 4pm to 6pm.
- 5th Annual Beaumont Oktoberfest at Rogers Park | Saturday, October 12 | FREE – Make your way to Beaumont for their 5th annual family-friendly Oktoberfest featuring authentic polka and live music, food and beverages, children’s activities and more. This year the live music features Ian Moore, Paul Childers, PopGun, The Big Show, Brett Welch, and The Royal Klobasneks. 3pm to 8pm.
- Dreams, Cars, & Hobbies at Dream Event Center | Saturday, October 12 | FREE – Bring out your family and friends for a fun day filled with luxury and classic cars and motorcycles on display at the Dreams, Cars, & Hobbies event at Dreams Event Center. Other activities include live music from The Pelos, food trucks, wine and beer, shopping at their indoor Bazaar and more. 4pm to 10pm.
- Houston Diwali Mela 2019 at West Oaks Mall | Saturday, October 12 – The 2019 Houston Diwali Mela, also known as The Festival of Lights, will feature music and dance performances, street food, vendors, fireworks and more at West Oaks Mall. Tickets start at $10. 5pm to 10pm.
- Running of the Bulls 5k Run/Walk at NRG Park | Sunday, October 13 – Run along for the eighth annual 5K Run/Walk as snakes participants around NRG Stadium and the Astrodome before crossing the finish line across the field of the Texans for a post-race party. A Kids 1K will also be an option for children 12 years and under. Registration starts at $35 for the 5K event; $30 for the Kids 1K. 7am.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).