Take in athletic thrills at these must-see games and sports events around Houston from Monday, October 7 through Sunday, October 13, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
Whether you’re hitting the greens or pounding the pavement, you’ll find plenty of exciting sports events taking place around Houston this week.
Top 5 Games & Sports Events in Houston This Week
- Houston Open at Golf Club of Houston | Thursday, October 10 through Sunday, October 13 – The annual tournament will feature as one of the first events of the 2020 PGA Tour season and marks its final appearance at the Golf Club of Houston, located in Humble, before moving to Memorial Park Golf Course in 2020. Tickets for general admission range from $44 to $49.50 with additional packages available for different amenities and levels of access. Open each day at 7am.
- Houston Cougars vs. Cincinnati Bearcats at TDECU Stadium | Saturday, October 12 – Following an uneven start to the season, the Cougars look to get back on track against an inter-conference rival from Cincinnati. Tickets start at $25, but you may find better seats on TicketNetwork’s resale site. 2:30pm.
- Tigres U.A.N.L. vs. Club Santos Laguna at BBVA Stadium | Saturday, October 12 – Ahead of the Apertura 2019 playoff season, two historic Liga MX soccer clubs arrive in Houston for a friendly at BBVA Stadium. Tickets range from $29 to $99, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace.
- Running of the Bulls 5K Run/Walk at NRG Park | Sunday, October 13 – As part of the Houston Texans’ community outreach, the eighth annual 5K Run/Walk snakes participants around NRG Stadium and the Astrodome before crossing the finish line across the field of the Texans for a post-race party. A Kids 1K will also be an option for children 12 years and under. Registration starts at $35 for the 5K event; $30 for the Kids 1K. 7am.
- USPA Keleen & Carlton Beal Cup at Houston Polo Club | Sunday, October 13 – Houston Polo hits the midpoint of the fall season, with a match that also features a halftime champagne divot stomp, live music, and an opportunity to meet the players after the match. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats range from $79 to $695. 4pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).