Find the can’t-miss events in Houston with our Day + Nightlife Guide for Wednesday, October 9 to Sunday, October 13, 2019.
Happening This Week
Also in October 2019
The only thing we have to fear is the fear of missing out itself.
Fear no more, we’ve got you covered with our in-the-know list of art, music, and nightlife events happening around Houston, from Wednesday through Sunday.
Day + Nightlife Guide
- “The Hangover Sandwich” by Whitney Mercilus at Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys | Daily – Cure your booze-induced ailments with the Houston Texans’ Whitney Mercilus and Chef Alex Padilla’s “The Hangover Sandwich,” a hearty addition to the menu at Antone’s Famous Po’ Boys Galleria and North Loop locations, available through the end of the month.
- 41st Annual Houston Italian Festival | Daily – The Italian Cultural and Community Center of Houston presents the 41st annual Houston Italian Festival, a four-day weekend celebration of Italian of food, culture, music, and dancing. Admission is free Thursday all day and Friday until 4pm. After 4pm on Friday admission is $8 for adults and free for children 12 and under for the rest of the weekend. Times vary.
- Comedian Dusty Slay at Houston Improv | Thursday, October 10 to Saturday, October 12 – Catch the hilariously wry, optimistic observations of trailer park-born and bred comedian Dusty Slay when he brings his act to the Improv stage. $15 to $25. Showtimes vary.
- stARTup Art Fair at Hotel Icon | Friday, October 11 to Saturday, October 12 – Already popular in other major art cities, stARTup Art Fair brings its first Houston edition to Hotel Icon in Downtown. The three-day fair will transform the third and fourth floors of the hotel into an immersive, contemporary art experience through the exhibition of artwork by a diverse group of independent artists. One-day tickets are $15 in advance ($20 at the door); $10 ($15 at the door) for students with valid ID and ages 65 and up. Times vary.
Wednesday, October 9, 2019
- Singo Bingo at Cottonwood | No Cover – Play along during a game that is a little ‘name that song’ mixed with bingo for prizes at Cottonwood. 6:30pm.
- Bea Miller in Concert at House of Blues – The pop singer known for being a contestant on The X Factor, Bea Miller, performs live at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets are $22.50, but you may find cheaper or better tickets on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 7pm.
- Natalia Lafourcade in Concert at Revention Music Center – The Mexican pop-rock singer and songwriter, Natalia Lafourcade, performs live at Revention Music Center. Tickets start at $79, but you may find cheaper or better seats on TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
- B Boys in Concert at Satellite Bar – The New York-based high energy indie band, B Boys, performs live with support from Ruiners and Astragal at Satellite Bar. Tickets are $10 in advance. 8pm.
Thursday, October 10, 2019
- Cold War Kids in Concert at The Rustic – The indie-rock band known for songs like “Hang Me Out to Dry” and “Love is Mystical”, Cold War Kids, perform live at The Rustic. Tickets are $30 in advance; $40 at the door. 7pm to 10pm.
- Bingo Night at Under the Radar Brewery | No Cover – Try your luck for a chance to win prizes in the beer garden at Under the Radar Brewery’s Bingo Night. There will be $4 happy hour pints preceding the event, from 4pm to 7pm. Free to play. 7pm.
- Billie Eilish in Concert at Toyota Center – At just 17 years old, Billie Eilish already lays claim to a chart-topping single with “Bad Guy”, as well as multiple gold and platinum-selling singles from her debut album, When We All Fall Asleep, Where Do We Go? Her world tour in support of the biggest North American debut of the decade brings her through Houston for the first time. Tickets range from $39.50 to $129.50, but you may find better, cheaper, or hard-to-get seats using the TicketNetwork online marketplace. 7:30pm.
- CSz presents The EaDo Comedy Show at CSz Arena – Catch plenty of high-energy characters, fast-paced scenes and personal absurdities in The Eado Comedy Show, CSz Houston’s long-form improv show that draws from the fun East Downtown neighborhood vibe. Full price tickets are $10, but limited, discounted $5 tickets available. 8pm.
- Gloria Trevi in Concert at Smart Financial Centre – The legendary Mexican pop singer-songwriter, Gloria Trevi, performs like at Smart Financial Centre. Karol G opens the show. Tickets start at $39.95, but you may find cheaper or better seats at TicketNetwork’s online resale market. 8pm.
Friday, October 11, 2019
- Coffee Cocktail Workshop at The Annex HTX – In this workshop, you’ll learn how to make two emblematic coffee-based cocktails, the Espresso Martini and the Coffee Negroni, at The Annex HTX. Tickets are $30 per person. 5pm to 6pm.
- Comedian Lil Duval at House of Blues – A regular on VH1’s Hip Hop Squares and a series cast member on MTV2’s popular Guy Code, Lil Duval has also featured on the Billboard Hot 100 charts as a rapper and recording artist. Watch him perform live at House of Blues in Downtown. Tickets range from $39.50 to $65. 7pm.
- Noche De Cumbia at Axelrad | No Cover – Wonky Power Records present Noche De Cumbia, a night of cumbia music and dancing at Axelrad beer garden. 7:30pm.
- Billy Ray Cyrus in Concert at Mo’s Place Katy – The country singer known for songs like “Achy Breaky Heart” and more recently doing guest vocals on “Old Town Road”, Billy Ray Cyrus performs live at Mo’s Place in Katy. Tickets are $25 in advance; $30 day of. 7:30pm.
- Shinyribs in Concert at Last Concert Cafe – The country-soul band from Austin, TX, Shinyribs, performs a live set at Last Concert Cafe. Tickets range from $20 to $30. 8pm.
- Nothing Matters: Emo, Indie & Punk Dance Party at The Secret Group – The Secret Group presents a monthly emo, indie, and punk dance party, with DJ Robocops. The event happens on the second Friday of every month. Doors at 9pm. Free before 11pm for ages 21 and up; $10 for ages 18 to 20. 9pm.
- The Throwback ’90s Halloween Party at Scout Bar – Scout Bar hosts a Halloween-themed dance party where DJs will be playing ’90s music of all genres. Costumes are encouraged. Tickets start at $5. 9pm.
- ’90s Tribute Night at The Continental Club – Enjoy an evening of ’90s tribute bands including Hey Hey Baby, a No Doubt cover band, Tweezer, a Weezer cover band, and more at The Continental Club. Tickets start $18. 9pm.
Saturday, October 12, 2019
- Drag Diva Brunch: Harry Potter at House of Blues – Wizards of all Hogwarts houses from Slytherin to Hugglepuff are invited to the Harry Potter-themed Drag Diva Brunch at The Bronze Peacock Room at House of Blues. Tickets are $40 and include a brunch entree, one beverage, and show. 10:30am.
- Houston Diwali Mela 2019 at West Oaks Mall – The 2019 Houston Diwali Mela, also known as The Festival of Lights, will feature music and dance performances, street food, vendors, fireworks and more at West Oaks Mall. Tickets start at $12. 5pm to 10pm.
- 5 Year Anniversary at Wonky Power Live | No Cover – Wonky Power Records celebrate five years with a local music lineup, vendors, food, and complimentary beverages from Saint Arnold’s Brewery, 8th Wonder and more. Live performances will include Camera Cult, French Kids, Handsomebeast and more. 5pm.
- Dia de los Muertos at Market Square Park | No Cover – Market Square Park hosts a block party to celebrate Dia de los Muertos, aka Day of the Dead. Learn more about the significance of this day through art installations and community activities and enjoy live music, food, and vendors. 6pm.
- Party In Pink at Axis & Alibi – The Party in Pink social event at Axis & Alibi will feature bites and cocktails to benefit Susan G. Komen Houston. Tickets start at $10; $25 for VIP. 7pm to 10pm.
- Comedian Eric Andre at Cullen Performance Hall – The comedian, musician, television and absurdist, Eric Andre performs live at Cullen Performance Hall for his “Legalize Everything” Tour. He is known for being the creator, host, and co-writer of The Eric Andre Show on Adult Swim. Tickets are $33. 8pm.
- Kiki Maroon’s Burly Q Lounge: Halloween Edition at House of Blues – The monthly burlesque and comedy show takes a spooky turn for All Hallow’s Eve, in a special October edition. $25 to $45. 9pm.
- HTX Electronica Dance Party at Darbly – Dance the night away to live electronic music and enjoy complimentary beverages from No Label Brewing Co. and Grateful Dane Distilling Company at Darbly. Tickets are $10 in advance; $15 at the door. 9pm.
- The Late Show: Bathtub Full of Gin at Prohibition Supperclub – Step into the Roaring ’20s, when skirts were short and booze was a secret pleasure. Bathtub Full of Gin is Terrible Enfant Theatre Company’s immersive dance party series, where evocative theatre performances combine with high energy electro swing music. Tickets are $20 for standing; $35 for seated, but limited, discounted $10 standing tickets are available for most shows. 11:30pm.
Sunday, October 13, 2019
- The Super Happy Toy Show, Art Market and Halloween Party at Saint Arnold Brewing | No Cover – Super Happy Incredible Toys, a vintage toy store in Houston, presents a Toy Show, Art Market and Halloween Party at Saint Arnold Brewing Company. The all-ages event will combine a toy show and an art market along with trick or treating, a costume contest, door prizes and more. 11am to 6pm.
- 8th Annual Lamborghini Festival at CityCentre | No Cover – Celebrate all things Lamborghini with special guests, 100+ exotic cars and more at the 8th Annual Lamborghini Festival at CityCentre. 3pm to 7pm.
- USPA Keleen & Carlton Beal Cup at Houston Polo Club – Ponies and players go head to head for the USPA Keleen and Carlton Beal Cup at Houston Polo Club. Enjoy live music, a champagne divot stomp at halftime, and meet the players after the match. Tickets start at $30 for adults; $15 for children on the Red Oak Lawn; Grandstand seats for 2 to 20 people range from $79 to $695. 4pm to 7pm.
- Sixties Sunday with Motion Potion at Axelrad | No Cover – Join Motion Potion, Houston ’60s style collective, for an evening of groovy music at Axelrad beer garden. 6:30pm.
- Yung Bae in Concert at White Oak Music Hall – The dance-electronic musician, Yung Bae, performs live at White Oak Music Hall with support from Birocractic and Whereisalex. Tickets start at $15. 7pm.
Find More Things to Do in Houston All Year Long
Be sure to subscribe to our free Weekend Guide email to receive a round-up of great things to do this weekend in Houston in your inbox every Thursday. If you don’t want to miss a thing, you can also opt in to our Daily Update emails (emailed six days a week).